Have anyone read any other Miura manga

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
After discovering Berserk, i thought to myself, man, this guy who created this is a ginuis.  This  is not your average manga.  This have some deep shit!!!  Now I'm opsessed with Berserk. I was wondering if anyone have read or seen Miura other works.  

If u have, how is it in terms of art, story, character etc...
compare to Berserk.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
i know that he did Wolf King and the Legend of the Wolf King (correct me if i'm wrong). Oh, and i think his artwork for these mangas are comparable to the artwork in the beginning of berserk, in another word, they're not impressive at all (in comparison to the meticulously detailed illustrations nowadays)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
He did just Wolf King, i think. I also have "Japan", s short manga by miura and buronson. It's similira in a way to The Wolf King (since time warps are the issue), but the main character does look a bit like Gattsu.

He did just Wolf King, i think. I also have "Japan"
Er... Isn't that a bit contradictory? ^_^;

Before Berserk, he did "Futatabi...", "Noa", "Berserk" (the "prototype") and "Ôrô" (what you'd call "the Wolf King").
After he began Berserk, he did "Ôrôden" ("the Legend of the Wolf King") and "Japan".

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Before Berserk, he did "Futatabi...", "Noa", "Berserk" (the "prototype") and "Ôrô" (what you'd call "the Wolf King").
After he began Berserk, he did "Ôrôden" ("the Legend of the Wolf King") and "Japan".

Have you read part of them / all of them?
if so... how are they?

damn! just how old is Miura? and how old was he when he started drawing manga?

White_Hawk

Have you read part of them / all of them?
if so... how are they?

Japan is short. Really short. It's a bit of confused mad max style story of a group of japanese that end up in the past by some rather bogus circumstances. As I said, it's really short and it has a medium quality storyline.

I have to read the wolf king yet. It occupies a place on my bookshelf, but I just can't find the tiiiiime.

White_Hawk

"In the past"? I thought they ended up in the future, actually?

UUnnhghhhh!! I need more sleep, as icefall says. Yep, it's the future, Mad Max style post atomic earth. The main character from "the wolf king" ended up in the past, with genghis khan and co.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
Wolf King.....I read it WAY long ago, before I got berserk actually. It's pretty good, the characters looks like Caska and Gatts, if I remember correctly, but don't bet on it. It's those "going back in time" stories: I think the guy and girl went back in time accidently, and the man made an empire...then the girl was the only one that was able to return to the modern Japan.

White_Hawk

It's actually a lot like berserk. Guy and girl walk on the beach and end up in the past, genghis kahn takes his girl, he becomes some badass swordsman, genghis enroles him, blah blah...

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Time travel, eh.   THis kind of remind me of the EVIL DEAD movies where Ash goes back to Midevil times and have to fight off Demons.  

I'll bet Miura is a big horror fan.  Look at Gatts.  He got a metal arm like Ash and the God hands monster is like the cenobite in Hellraiser series.  

In the spirt of the ocassion, I would like to say

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I'll bet Miura is a big horror fan.  Look at Gatts.  He got a metal arm like Ash and the God hands monster is like the cenobite in Hellraiser series.  
Jesus, please stop comparing berserk to hellraiser... :p

Wouldn't it be cool to go back in time during the Medievil Times. I would be a knight or a mercenary and kick some ass.
yeah that'd be veeery cool! But don't forget it could be YOUR ass that gets kicked... probably ;)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
you know all the former Miura mangas had in common time travel. Ikeep wondering....the skullnight seems to know everything before it happens. Could he be a time traveller also?

you know all the former Miura mangas had in common time travel. Ikeep wondering....the skullnight seems to know everything before it happens. Could he be a time traveller also?

Keep in mind that Ôrô, Ôrôden and Japan (not _all_ Miura's former manga, by the way ^^; ) were written by Buronson, not by Miura himself...

Top Bottom