Rene Gonzalez

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
This might start a war but hell we need a discussion. What do you think of this?

http://media.dailycollegian.com/pages/tillman_lobandwidth.html?in_archive=1

I apologize for any obscenities that follow, namely the gunshot to the face thing:

I do not agree with the current war in Iraq, and I think Bush is a moron, but talking about the death of a man so nonchalantly makes this bitch, correction, fucking bitch deserve a gunshot to the face. She clearly doesn't know anything beyond what she has seen on TV. This man had a wife, family, and friends. Breaking down his death to, He deserved it because he was fighting in a worthless war, is disgusting.

I think the entire point of calling Pat Tillman a hero is to illustrate that they all, people fighting in the war, are heros. Not that he alone was a hero.

First of all, putting something in "quotations" doesn't "mean" "anything." UMass has a terrible journalism program if all their grads write this shitty.

Do you think she has any idea what was going through this man's head? From what I understand someone he knew died in the Sept 11 terrorist attacks. People have all sorts of motivation, not just macho ideals. She talks about how he watched Rambo and Clint Eastwood movies, can this be proven? How the hell does she even know what movies Tillman watched? Even if he did, yes, I'm sure watching movies about men with guns killing people will lead me to jump into a war and risk my life. Come to think of it, since I've started read Berserk, I've gone through a lot of murderous rampages against people who have done me wrong. What a dumb fucking hobag. Oh, and he turned down more than 3 million something dollars, he turned down 10 million first. Do some god damn research.

Calling his decision irrational is also wrong, he thought about it for a very long time from what I understand as well. The fact that someone doesn't agree with a war or that a war is fought without good cause does not diminish the fact that lives were lost fighting it. And no one DESERVES to DIE, ever, for anything. She has the right to her opinion, but it is most definitely stupid.

"Their resistance is more legitimate than our invasion, regardless of the fact that our social values are probably more enlightened than theirs."
-Lets get some citations. At least explain why you think what you think.

"For that, he shouldn't be hailed as a hero, he should be used as a poster boy for the dangerous consequences of too much 'America is #1,' frat boy, propaganda bull. It might just make a regular man irrationally drop $3.6 million to go fight in a conflict that was anything but 'self-defense.' "
-If you think America is #1 or if you are a frat boy, you are gonna die in Afghanistan, clearly. Oh notice all the use of quotations. Your "sarcasm" "sucks" "my cock."

Couple things I'd like to ask Rene. What country do you live in? What country do YOU think is number 1? Why don't you go live there?

;D ;D

She has a right to her opinion and I'll respect that.

Upon clicking that link : "Pat Tillman is not a hero: He got what was coming to him." I'll admit that just urks me.

It's common knowledge that 9/11 helped him in his decision to turn down that 3.whatever million contract he was offered. I honestly don't think I'd do the same if I had been in his shoes.

I'm pretty sure he knew what he was getting himself into when he decided to sign up. From what I've heard he had some pretty long talks with his newly wed wife.

In fact... and I could be wrong... and if i am please correct me :) , but did he sign up soon after he got back from his honeymoon?

I'll be honest and say that I had never heard of the guy until his death.

I don't really care for sports and it's full of millionaires who are often referred to as heroes rather quickly in their field of work.

He turned down a great sum of money to fight for his country because he felt it was the right thing to do.

He may not be a hero in the sense that he performed super awesome deeds... but I think he deserves atleast some respect for the sacrifice and choice he made.

Winde, thinks Aho411 pretty much said the rest she politely refrained from typing. ;)

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
yea well i think anyone who decides to risk thier lives for the good of others is a hero. sports star or not. I think it probably did get played up more because he was a professional athelete but that takes nothing away from the risks he took and ultimately payed for with his life.
The most disturbing part of this whole thing is the authors seeming disreguard for human life. The very life that goes of to wars to protect the freedoms people like Gonzalez have. I'd like to see that little fucker say this shit in Iraq, and when he ends up dead he'll wonder why.

Rene has the right to say whatever he wants and people will react to his stupid column how they want. Karma is a motherfucker, he'll get his.

Rene is a he btw...
And here he is:
rene.jpg

If you know this fella you should tell him he is an awful journalist, for the fact that even if he is writing an opinion collumn, he doesn't state any reasoning behind his opinions. From what I read, he wrote his article as fast as I wrote my reply to this thread. Just no evidence for anything. Oh this "putting stuff in quotes" very cliche, if he thinks he is being smart, he is really being an assclown, one of my new favorite words.

Oh, and his "haircut" sucks. Someone should blow it up with a bomb.

Pat Tillman was a the real deal in my opinion. The guy gave up mulitiple multi-million dollar contracts from the NFL to serve his country. Now that is something not many people would do. I sure as hell wouldn't give up millions of dollars for a $17,000 a year career as a RANGER in the ARMY. Would you?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
However, in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico, Tillman would have been called a "pendejo," an idiot.

I wonder what neighborhood that was? Oh wait! He must be confusing Puerto Rico for his upscale apartment complex, silly him.

So he's an idiot for joining the military? I guess my grand fathers brother who joined the military was an idiot, seeing how he didn't even have to join the Marines during WW2 because he was from Nicaragua.

This was not "Ramon or Tyrone," who joined the military out of financial necessity, or to have a chance at education.

People join the military for a lot of reasons, for financial reasons, education, or because they feel that they should.

Edit: Wanted to point this out. http://www.dailycollegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/04/29/409073723500a?in_archive=1

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Personally I am against the war in Iraq and I am against a non elected president that sells his people so much crap (weapons of mass destruction in Iraq) when all he is doing is on his interest and those of his rich oil industry buddy’s (Afghanistan pipe line, Iraq oil). The Bush Family even has had strong business related links to the Bin laden family ...

My personal opinion is that anyone who sacrifices his lifestyle to do what he believes in haves my respect. I wouldn't call him a pendejo (and I am from Puerto Rico) I would definitely call Pat Tillman a full fledge patriot and an example for all.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
The_Fetus_Ninja said:
The most disturbing part of this whole thing is the authors seeming disreguard for human life. The very life that goes of to wars to protect the freedoms people like Gonzalez have. I'd like to see that little fucker say this shit in Iraq, and when he ends up dead he'll wonder why.

Errr... whatever you think about the war in Iraq (pro-war or anti-war), it is totally erroneous to say that the soldiers stationed in Iraq are "protecting our freedoms". If so, I would like to know how? You're just spouting out typical Republican propaganda. It's no better than the typical left-wing crap spouted off by some Democrats about "No Blood for Oil!". ::)

The war was not initiated based on the premise that our "freedoms", free speech, or civil rights were in any way endangered by Saddam Hussein and Iraq. Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney, and others primarily responsible for the war never argued this. Strangely enough, the more bone-headed pro-war people argue about "saving the Iraqi people" and about protecting our "freedoms" bullshit.

A more defensible and reasonable position for pro-war people to adopt is that Iraq will serve as a beacon for democracy which will act as the first step in a "domino effect" that will reform the Middle East and diffuse the anti-Americanism and Islamic fundamentalism in the region.

I really think pro-war people should give it a rest about "I like to see this fucker say this in so and so country". It's very disingenuous to say our soldiers are protecting our freedom while secretly wishing the critics of the war to be shot at while exercising that very freedom.

Freedom isn't given by the soldiers or the army despite what you're told by Splinter Cell commercials about "freedom isn't free". Free speech means the freedom to say stupid things. End of story.

That being said, Rene Gonzalaz is one stupid idiot. He doesn't even have enough balls to stand by his article. Showing how much of a pussy he is, he recanted his article and apologized to Tillman's family due to the huge media outcry against him.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
In Puerto Rico... their are different "organizations" that goes against the US. The funny part is, almost all of them are university students. It would NOT surprise me if he was one of them... and trust me..."there idiots".

As for this thread, Im a little bit embarased for Rene's article... but in my little islands defense. Not everyone thinks like this (just clearing things up).

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
Errr... whatever you think about the war in Iraq (pro-war or anti-war), it is totally erroneous to say that the soldiers stationed in Iraq are "protecting our freedoms". If so, I would like to know how? You're just spouting out typical Republican propaganda. It's no better than the typical left-wing crap spouted off by some Democrats about "No Blood for Oil!". ::)
Ok you missed my entire point...

I suppose i should have clarrified. I meant in general not specifically in this war. I was referring to people that have gone and died for thier country to protect the freedoms we have today. I place Tillman in the same category. Pro-war or anti-war, he went because he felt he had a duty to his country which chose to protect others freedoms.
His article wasn't just a slam on this particular soldier it was a slam agaisnt all of them who served in any war.

I never said I wanted him dead either. I said if he would make such anti-government statements in a country like Iraq he would wind up dead as many have for opposing the dictators.

Hes a hypocritical piece of shit. He hates the government, the military, and the US. But you can bet he wasn't complaining when he got financial aid for college from it. Nor when he gets job placement assistance for having a minority status. Thats just fuckin' fine.

Freedom of speech is just fine and dandy. But I can lump him in with members of the Neo-Nazis or KKK. Just because they have the right to freedom of speech doesn't make what they say right. They're morons just as he is. Say whatever he wants, but when he gets an unpleasent reaction tough shit. Thats the consequence for freedom of speech.

Thanks anyways for trying to put words in my mouth.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
I don't agree with the war. Bush and the powermongers behind him can go to hell. But I support most of the troops. Some believe in what they are doing, some are following orders, and others have their own reasons. But there are a few that seem to have gone nuts.

I recently heard some of the U.S. troops have been engaging in some rather perverted and sadistic torture methods. Come on, nobody trains a soldier to do the type of crap i've heard they've been doing. They should be using pain at variable intervals for maximum effect, not SODOMY, that's just SICK.

On another note, I think we should lower our presence in the area. We make a large target for the many groups that hate us and they don't have to cross an ocean to blow up our troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom