I am going to Pally All!! (HK DVD's)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Hehehe... ;D

Finally got my HK DVD's, and from a cursory inspection I have realised the following:

Berserk Box: ;D Beautiful package, but the cover on the box was a bit badly glued on mine. Very nice package and disk design. The menu on the first disc was hilarious, with the option to "Pally All" I think I'm gonna do that later... the menus on the other discs seemed fine though, with a digital little behelit. Fansubs and pic quality seemed to be very good.

Neo Ranga Box: ;D Very nice packaging, beautiful picture discs, over all a proffessional and fine treatment. All the discs worked, a few minutes of the subs I watched seemed adequate. A little grainy at places, it felt more like good tape quality than dvd.

Vandread Box: :) same as Neo Ranga, but with much nicer menus but a little less interesting box. And... *sighs* they call him Cosmoman instead of Alien-san... anyway, he will always be Alien-san to me...

Jin Roh: ;D Same as Berserk. 'Widescreen'... mmmm nice.

Spriggan: >:( This was basically fucked, it was not in widescreen, and the music was warped and scratchy, making my ears hurt. It was obviously a bad VERY pressing, faulty in many ways. I'm gonna try to return it.

So... there's my first impressions, gonna review them better when I have watched them all, now I just browsed them a bit to see that they worked.

Mmmm I'm so happy right now... ;D

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
Was your spriggan widescreen but not like mine? (meanign it was a stretched to 4:3 originally 16:9 format) :-/

I just got a postcard that it's going to be in a theater here in NY on oct. 12... official dvd can't be too far off!

Fishbomb

The weird thing was that the box said that the format was supposed to be 16:9... but it was fullscreen, and yeah, it looked very squeezed. An oval sun... :p

Jin Roh was also supposed to be a 16:9 according to the box, and lo and behold, it was! So I have no idea why they fucked Spriggan over. Still... it would have been worth it if it had not been for the achingly painful music soundtrack...

And yeah, that was the one I was the lest worried about, I mean it's going to be out eventually, and since its a single movie I can afford the higher price. Not so with the TV series.

I'm gonna send you some reviews when I've watched them, I saw you were looking for that earlier on. And I'm gonna order another HUGE batch when my next paycheck arrives...

Alas... *sobs* I have ordinary DVD's lying at the local store waiting for me as well... *sweatdrops*. Too many of them... not to mention an 80$ special european edition of Argento's Phenomena so that I finally can see the italian version and understand it...

I want to be rich dammit!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Berserk Box: ;D Beautiful package, but the cover on the box was a bit badly glued on mine. Very nice package and disk design. The menu on the first disc was hilarious, with the option to "Pally All"  I think I'm gonna do that later... the menus on the other discs seemed fine though, with a digital little behelit. Fansubs and pic quality seemed to be very good.

errr... please don't reming of the hk berserk dvd's... it hurts :p

icefall

Jin Roh was also supposed to be a 16:9 according to the box, and lo and behold, it was! So I have no idea why they fucked Spriggan over. Still... it would have been worth it if it had not been for the achingly painful music soundtrack...

I just watched Jin-roh again the other day with a friend on our anime mondays (I'm trying to get him into anime... actually I already did w/ berserk now I'm making sure it sticks ^_^) and the HK DVD's pretty good. Only a few things that bother me like the serif fonts and sometimes it piwelates... I really wish it was DTS like the packaging said it was  ;D

I'm gonna send you some reviews when I've watched them, I saw you were looking for that earlier on. And I'm gonna order another HUGE batch when my next paycheck arrives...

Ooh thanks! My HK DVD section is exploding... apparently a lot of kids found it and they're all talking about the different companies, different versions, sellers on ebay and all this other crazy stuff ^_^

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Well, I'd like to join the club...
Guess what the postman brought here today?

A BEHERITE!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy!!!!!

Well, it's official. i'm an apostle now...gweheheee.

Fishbomb

A BEHERITE!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

*grins* Wow!! See? Ordering things from the states can be a bitch, but damn I'm happy for you!!!!

Now all we have to do is to hope for trapped_soul...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I will direct the waves of my heart to the successful accomplishing of his desire. *strokes the beherit gently*

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."

oh boy, you can't be serious...
now there's noone left to share my pain.   :'(

errr... but keep on hoping for me!! pleaaase...

maybe it helps... :-[

OliDaGoalie

it's me, D'a Lurker ;)
Hi everyone! I'd just like to add something while talking about the HK dvds, don't order the Escaflowne Movie!! unless you understand Japanese, the video and sound quality is ...wow, superb!!! ..ok..so what's the problem then??? the subs, man the subs sucks! the names aren't even the sames, Van is Bram, the planet Gaia is Heida I think, and when some sentences are supposed to be said in the past tense, is written on the present tense and vice versa, it's still understandble but... it really to see the characters with other names... irrrhhhhh I can't stand it, again, can't complain about the video and sound quality tough ;)

icefall

In Yu Yu Hakusho they switched a lot of people's names so Hiei is Kurama and vice Versa (I couldn't even tell you some of the bad guy's names because it was so confusing to hear one thing and read another). In AMG the movie Belldandy is Pu-ra-da-tee or something ridiculous like that... I'm watching Ayashi No Ceres now and Aya is "little fairy", Aki is "Ah Ming" and the other dude is "ten nights."

Where the hell do these freaks get these translations from???

Dracket

Necro Demon
I've noticed somethin a bit strange on my Escaflowne as well...and I agree with whoever said you should be semi-fluent in Japanese, because the subtitles are are direct translations so the sentence structure and what not is still as if it were Japanese so to your average english speaking anime watching joe...it may seem a bit strange...
I found the "Pally All" to be somewhat funny myself..heh heh but I've got defunct Berserk DVDS...Disc 2 is like, melted in a way, it has a huge plastic piece that sticks up on it near the middle so tracks 7-8 skip and what not...going to get new ones tomorrow I believe...'till then I'll watch Bastard

icefall

speakin' of dvds

we got anything from media blasters (like release dates)?

None yet... and if we could actually get to their site I doubt there'd be any there.

I'll try hitting it again tonight :-/

icefall

I made some huge updates to the hk dvd section of my site (mostly reviews and buying/beginner's guides). Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://arcticnightfall.com/index.php?section=hkdvd

Top Bottom