Episode 240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Plus I'm not too sure he has to worry about anything besides his arm.. it looks as if those crocs won't really get a chance to hit him.

(I am aware he isn't at 100%.. but he's used to it.. hell, most apostles usually bring him down to at least 50%.. but he wins through sheer inginuity.. with the help of his temper)

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Smith said:
Yes it is a good light weigh (maybe even better than Godo ones) set of strong armor, but somehow i still feel the armor increase his strenght and agility without him turning berserk, and yes that maybe because the armor had somehow protect him from pain (though it wont be as strong as when Guts had his full armor on)

Vol26c226p224 Schierke says, "...humans in order to inflict wounds on themselves, decide to subconciously limit thier strength. Pain is the warning the body uses to stop it from demolishing itself. A human who has lost thier sense of pain holds unbelievable strength and reflexes."

So really all the armor does is merge its od with the wearers od which spurs such violent emotions that the wearer looses all pain and fear. I would agree with you that once the od's merge that regardless of wether or not the wearer is in battle its still going to make them stronger and faster, BUT I think some what of an exception can be made for Guts. Remember vol27c228p09 when Schierke is going inside Guts od to get him back she says, " If a normal human were swallowed up in something like this, thier mind would be torn to shreds..." (meaning Guts is not a normal case as we all well know) she eventually does get swallowed by that current only to be stopped by Floras talisman which was insribed upon the armor which had also stopped Guts self concious from crumbling.

So ultimetly this led to the armors od merging with Guts (or more importantly the beasts) it being held back from completely consuming Guts not only by Floras talisman but because in it merging with the beast (with its powers) it is chained just like the beast deep inside Guts by his own self concious which happens to be held back from crumbling by Floras talisman. When the od of the beast (which I believe is a somewhat seperate entity from Guts) became one with the the very similar od of the armor it was subjected to the same limitations as the beast. In other words, it only gets to come out and play when Guts decideds to unchain and let it loose. As the saying goes, "let loose the hounds of war".

Least I saw this as one possiblity. ;D

wow thanks for that, im really excited about this chapter, true nothing special may happen, but i think this croc fight may at least conclude by the end of this chapter and we may see the next apostleat the end...im just hoping anyway.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
The whole affect of the armor is quite similar to the whole "Lotus" technique that Rock Lee uses in Naruto, where he removes the limits his body puts on how much power the muscles produce. But afterword, the armor has a dire effect on Guts as seen before. So if he uses it too much and too intensely, I can only imagine what will happen.

Now that Guts is aware of the toll the armor will take on his body when he goes berserk, I'm sure he'll be more self-conscious about totally committing himself to battle and letting himself go. It's almost a given that the beast will take hold of him again. But I don't think it would be this early since the last time. I think it'll take more than crocs to push him over the edge. But it wouldn't surprise me if we see the beast attempting to take a hold of him like it did when he was talking to Skull Knight. This is gonna be a cool chapter.

yes,

ultimate berserk mode destruction!

i cant wait!!!! ;D ;D ;D

- c

sorry, i just get so excited about Berserk! ;D

dwarfkicker said:
Now that Guts is aware of the toll the armor will take on his body when he goes berserk, I'm sure he'll be more self-conscious about totally committing himself to battle and letting himself go. It's almost a given that the beast will take hold of him again. But I don't think it would be this early since the last time. I think it'll take more than crocs to push him over the edge. But it wouldn't surprise me if we see the beast attempting to take a hold of him like it did when he was talking to Skull Knight. This is gonna be a cool chapter.

Maybe when he fights the next apostle but I dont think the beast will take over him against some crocs. In only one time of going crazy from the berserker armor he has undergone some dramatic changes with his loss of senses and physical appearence, so with that I dont expect it to be a thing that will happen often in my opinion.

Still there is more to meet than an eye, somehow i dun think there are just croc, there is somethink out there more powerful and they are seeking the child

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
Err..
I don't really think that Ganishka's Haemunculi (We can assume the Gashnikan, right?) would have any interest in a child that just randomly popped up at the ocean.. sure, I could see Miura having the kid have some connection to something evil, or whatever.. but I don't think he would "waste" a minor fight against Crocodiles to bring such a major plot point that would have a highly emotional impact on Guts and Kyaska. I'd think IF he wants to do something with the kid.. he'd do it in it's own story arc.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well, bringing up the beast, there is a good chance that the crocs are just an extra compared to what really happens. Doesn't the beast "have stronger control" over guts? And doesn't the beast want to kill caska? I guess you can guess from there...

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
dwarfkicker said:
If they don't want the child why would they attack Guts and his group? Ganishka doesn't know anything about them yet.

That doesn't make sense.
Why would Ganishka know about a little, naked boy, that isn't of any significant harm to them, rather than the Black Swordsman who kept killng Kushan and Bakiraka soldiers for quite a while now?
Remember St.Albion? He ripped through their army for quite a while (assumingly) there is no way they can NOT know about him, if there were any survivors of that army.

DemonX said:
Well, bringing up the beast, there is a good chance that the crocs are just an extra compared to what really happens. Doesn't the beast "have stronger control" over guts? And doesn't the beast want to kill caska? I guess you can guess from there...

When the beast took over his mind through the berserker armor last time and Scherkie had to enter his mind she mentioned Caska but he didnt even remember who she was, like his memory had totally disappeared when the beast came.

Still it is an interesting point; if the beast takes over him once again but leaves his memory intact then I could see that possibly happening, but I still dont think the beast from the berserker is going to pop up too often during battles.

How much longer before chapter 240 actually comes out now?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Korcas said:
Remember St.Albion? He ripped through their army for quite a while (assumingly) there is no way they can NOT know about him, if there were any survivors of that army.
Well, we know for a fact that Silat acknowledges Guts' power. Besides that, in my opinion, someone with such apparent high-standing in the world such as Ganishka would already have heard (or felt, through astral means, as Flora did) of Guts and Casca.

But, I digress. I'm sticking to "wrong place, wrong time" for Guts' Band encountering these crocs. Vritannis seems more likely the focus for the future story, not some kidnapping plot. And if that's the case, then a run-in with Ganishka's forces isn't just logical, it's already upon us.

Walter said:
Well, we know for a fact that Silat acknowledges Guts' power. Besides that, in my opinion, someone with such apparent high-standing in the world such as Ganishka would already have heard (or felt, through astral means, as Flora did) of Guts and Casca.

But, I digress. I'm sticking to "wrong place, wrong time" for Guts' Band encountering these crocs. Vritannis seems more likely the focus for the future story, not some kidnapping plot. And if that's the case, then a run-in with Ganishka's forces isn't just logical, it's already upon us.

Black Swordsman was also famous among apostles of the area. I don't know if this is the case about Ganishka for sure (he did know about Locus) but somehow I feel that they are definatelly gona meet, be it due to some "coincidence" or something more planned or kinda both.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
That Ganisha knows about Guts or not is mooth point. He has not beef with Guts and anyway he already has his hands full with Griffith and he needs not another adversary. However...It was costum that the kings did excange hostages to seal a truce...now just immagine that one of Ganisha hostages just excaped... now immagine that he was a young child...

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
Umm.. who would Ganishka blackmail?
It doesn't make sense for them to take a four year old boy, or whatever the kid's age is, as a hostage to blackmail like... no one. Midland is history, their army overran Windham, and I don't think they need any hostages to blackmail the Vatican, or anyone from Tudor or the other countries. I don't think it's quite that complicated.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
it's quite possible that the kid is the accidental product of one of ganishka's Daka factories, and he wants him back.

also, i had made a theory that reconciles this with the possibility that it is caska's demon child as well.

Fenrir

LOS una volta, LOS per sempre...
It's quite possible that the kid is Ganishka itself under a illusion, just to sneak in the party and get Kaska to force a Gatsu/Griffith showdown.
After all it would fit the manipulative nature of this wizard/monster (yes the right term should be apostle, but I hate to use it, blame on Miura for such idea :p)

Espriter

Power overwhelming!
And what about the kid being the king of the elves himself?
He has... something... that makes him looks magical (And Shierke felt it too :p)

Judo

Midlands finest
Very good theories... but did you consider the possibility that the kid is the Idea of evil on holidays in the material world?
Or maybe the kid is a morphed form of Theresia who finally came along to infiltrate Guts' band and murder him as she promised in vol.3 ?
::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom