Episode 240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
magical demon boy

I don't usually like to get into this big debates over speculation, but I don't see any other way to explain all the stuff that happened with that kid other than the kid being the same little half human half demon that Caska gave birth to so many volumes ago... I guess he just grew up a bit, got a makeover like griffith?

The crocs just kinda stopped as soon as they noticed him, same thing other demons did when they noticed the more ugly version of what I assume is the same being (doesnt seem to matter how he looks) .

Heres where the real speculation comes in: assuming Ganishka was controlling those crocs, and that baby really is Caska's/Gutt's/Griffith's, why the hell would Ganishka care about not killing the offspring of a bunch of his enemies? (he may not know about Guts, but we all know Guts won't stand around while big demons rule the earth)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Have you not noticed that in the last panel of page 19 of issue 239 the child looks at the crocs (and at Guts , Serpico and Isidoro that are getting ready to battle them) the same way that he does on page 6 of issue 240 ?

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
Re:magical demon boy

Bakou said:
I don't usually like to get into this big debates over speculation, but I don't see any other way to explain all the stuff that happened with that kid other than the kid being the same little half human half demon that Caska gave birth to so many volumes ago... I guess he just grew up a bit, got a makeover like griffith?

The crocs just kinda stopped as soon as they noticed him, same thing other demons did when they noticed the more ugly version of what I assume is the same being (doesnt seem to matter how he looks) .

Heres where the real speculation comes in: assuming Ganishka was controlling those crocs, and that baby really is Caska's/Gutt's/Griffith's, why the hell would Ganishka care about not killing the offspring of a bunch of his enemies? (he may not know about Guts, but we all know Guts won't stand around while big demons rule the earth)

Thats also my point...maybe he is testing the power of the kid and of Guts and the others...I really think he allready noticed Guts before...and maybe this all is just a test to see how they can be of use for him... :eek:

lordofmasks

Ganishka's crocs weren't at the place niether for the kid nor for Guts' co.. As Shielke said crocs were too many. As Walter said, if Ganishka is interesting in something he will most propably use the most appropriate tactic for it. Do you see it fit to send hundreds of crocs by sea for an encounter with our friends? And how did he know first place that our friends will be by the sea, that moment? I mean their trip must have started some days ago and unless Ganishka controls causality he couldn't have known. Those, were going to Vritannis period. On their way, they saw the house and went on to check if there are people to kill and why not(?), women to capture (maybe another reason the croc turned away and din't fight the ladies in the hut?).

LordofMasks

Maybe the crocs werent send by Ganishka...but the priest were...so he is after something...I dont think he just send some priests just to check a house...and women he can find in a town or in a city...there are more than in a single house...so overthink that point again... 8)

lordofmasks

LordofMasks said:
Maybe the crocs werent send by Ganishka...but the priest were...so he is after something...I dont think he just send some priests just to check a house...and women he can find in a town or in a city...there are more than in a single house...so overthink that point again... 8)

lordofmasks

(Ok, edit cause I saw a point perhaps not 100% clear)
When I said "those" I was referring to ganishka's croc force. Those (the crocs) were heading to Vritannis. On their way, they saw this hut and went on to check out for some human to eat and some women to capture ;)
Claro?

roberto999

xechnao said:
Ganishka's crocs weren't at the place niether for the kid nor for Guts' co.. As Shielke said crocs were too many. As Walter said, if Ganishka is interesting in something he will most propably use the most appropriate tactic for it. Do you see it fit to send hundreds of crocs by sea for an encounter with our friends ?
He however saw fit to send the ugly brother, or sister, of Cthulhu against them so soon like they did kill his priests: If he was really not interested he would have cut his loss and gone his way.

roberto999 said:
He however saw fit to send the ugly brother, or sister, of Cthulhu against them so soon like they did kill his priests: If he was really not interested he would have cut his loss and gone his way.

Well, having the priests killed got him interested enough obviously to send his "little pet" overthere.

LordofMasks

Smith said:
Hmmm Ganiska looking for woman is not necessary impossible, since he need it to make his daka

Not impossible but why heading for Vritannis, there are plenty of towns on the land without to go through sea?
Well there is for sure more about... ::)

lordofmasks

LordofMasks said:
Not impossible but why heading for Vritannis, there are plenty of towns on the land without to go through sea?
Well there is for sure more about... ::)

lordofmasks

He is heading to Vritannis with his army of monsters because an army is gathering there to fight him.

roberto999

xechnao said:
He is heading to Vritannis with his army of monsters because an army is gathering there to fight him.
While the crocs could be seen like a overkill against just eight adversaries,(and we saw that these particular 8 did give them some problems ;D ) they are nearly not enough to take on an army (the bulk of Ganisha army remained in the city, it seems). And just now good old Ganisha has some problems with a guy named Griffith.

It could be that Ganishka is moving against Vritanis but the evidence seen so far point in the opposite way

Yeah Yeah, the army headed by kushan priests SUDDENLY find a small hut in their way. The leader says: ON YOUR POStS, AttAcK ! Alligators go in the front, we stay here in defensive-hidden position. Big Fish, you'll stay here as a backup, in the case of some kind of black swordsmand appears and kills everybody. Stick together team, Go go go!! *counterstrike radio voice*

ALL this to get 3 woman and make dakas with them. Hard-working these priests, aren't they ?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
tokken_brz said:
Yeah Yeah, the army headed by kushan priests SUDDENLY find a small hut in their way. The leader says: ON YOUR POStS, AttAcK ! Alligators go in the front, we stay here in defensive-hidden position. Big Fish, you'll stay here as a backup, in the case of some kind of black swordsmand appears and kills everybody. Stick together team, Go go go!! *counterstrike radio voice*

ALL this to get 3 woman and make dakas with them. Hard-working these priests, aren't they ?
Yes, it's much more feasible that Ganishka wants the kid, who as we all know by now, is the nuke that will BRING DOWN GOD HAND!

LordofMasks

tokken_brz said:

Ha...also my opinion...there has to be something more...that with Vritannis to attack the army thats building there is a nice move but I think the big fight will take place somewhere else... 8)

lordofmasks

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Well, heres my poorly thaught out cent & a half....
Ganishka wasn't even planing on attacking Guts. He was sending a flanking force out to get behind and surround Midland troops. This force is apparently amphibious after all...

So, what does Guts do but unwittingly aid Griff.... Go causeality.

Kirika-chan

I'm a llama? :'(
If the crocs were after the child, why did the croc that saw it leave?
That's not so strange if we consider how they operate. The "croc"(itself) wasn't after anything. The one who was controlling the croc was after something. If the kid was able to defeat the kushan priest guys in a battle of will for control of the crocky, he could make it leave.

What's curious is that Ganishka sent like 50+ crocs against the kid...
If the kid is able to take control of the crockys from the priest guys, then Ganishka would have to send more crocs than the kid can control. The fact that he sent so many is a testament to the kid's amazing will-power.

If I have your reasoning correct, Ganishka has the power to detect the child, use mind-control over priests (subsequently over crocodiles), but can't see a band of 6 people, drenched in odic power, living in a house, not 5 feet from the child?
The mind control over the priests might need local implanting. There is nothing that indicates that he can take control of someone who isn't in his line of sight (he couldn't detect Griffith rescuing Charlotte until it was too late). Once he has implated his little chibi-Ganishka inside them, they can travel far away and he doesn't lose control because the chibi-Ganishka is already inside them. That doesn't mean that he can scan for ods and take control of people at great distances.

The crockys aren't being controlled from a great distance either. They're being controlled by the priest guys who are close by.

As for detecting the child, we don't know the kind of od he emmits, or his nature, so it's impossible to tell how easy it is to detect him from great distances. For all we know it might be very easy. For all we know, Caska could've escaped Farneze because the kid attracted her from the distance.

It is even possible that they didn't "detect" the kid. They might have been following him. The kid might have eluded them and when they realized they couldn't find the kid, they started scanning the entire shore. When they saw a hut, they thought, "He must be there!"

Guts and Caska are completely undetectable odwise. If they could be detected even slightly, the miriads of hungry spirits that flock to any warmth in the interstice would be jumping at their juicy, sacrificed selfs.

Serpico, Farneze & Isidro are meh! odwise. The only one who might be detectable would be Schierke but it's unlikely. Griffith's apostoles are witch-hunting. If she could be detected through her od they'd be at her toes.

---
The part that doesn't make sense to me about the kid being the demon child with a facelift is that we saw him transform into the new-improved Griffith... so where did the extra child material for this kid come from?

burnout39

HA! I can see you!..What...you can see me? AHH!
Perhaps, Ganishka is testing Guts and co. since he can see the power of the new "Band of the hawk" and plans on creating his own elite team, and seeing how Guts is the only person who has ever defeated Griffith...

Probably not.

Anywho, has anyone elso noticed the similarities between Guts's Armor/inner beast and the egyptian god Anubis? For some reason, I think his beast is a jackal...

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
burnout39 said:
Perhaps, Ganishka is testing Guts and co. since he can see the power of the new "Band of the hawk" and plans on creating his own elite team, and seeing how Guts is the only person who has ever defeated Griffith...

Probably not.

Anywho, has anyone elso noticed the similarities between Guts's Armor/inner beast and the egyptian god Anubis? For some reason, I think his beast is a jackal...
A wolf would seem to make a bit more sense IMO. Seeing as theres a long running wolf motif throughout the series.

roberto999 said:
While the crocs could be seen like a overkill against just eight adversaries,(and we saw that these particular 8 did give them some problems ;D ) they are nearly not enough to take on a army (the bulk of Ganisha army remained in the city, it seems). And just now good old Ganisha has some problems with a guy named Griffith.

It could be that Ganishka is moving against Vritanis but the evidence seen so far point in the opposite way

Crocs, while not a match against apostles or the "fantastc 8" team, they could very well create havoc on a port like Vritannis, IMHO. Just imagine the amphibians climb on the docks and on the ships over there.
Majin, I am on your side too ;)

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
burnout39 said:

Probably not.

Neh, maybe he's after Guts Beherit or the Dragon Slayer (it does seem to have quite a affect on a Gohand (aka Griff) as Skully stated and Slanns avantar blowing up shows). Or maybe like it was mentioned many times before, he's testing Guts band to see how much "force" he should use to get what he wants (whether he wants posession of destruction of something (and what that something is) is the question)

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
dwarfkicker said:
Maybe Griffith expelled the escense of the child from him and it took physical form. I don't quite believe that myself but it's possible.

i seem to recall saying something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom