Episode 240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kirika-chan said:
The fact that he sent so many is a testament to the kid's amazing will-power.
No, it's not. It's just a bunch of crocodiles, so far.

It is even possible that they didn't "detect" the kid. They might have been following him. The kid might have eluded them and when they realized they couldn't find the kid, they started scanning the entire shore. When they saw a hut, they thought, "He must be there!"
All "evidence" thus far points to the kid being manifested from the ocean, at the exact moment of Casca's arrival. As to that evidence: Schierke discussing the powers of the ocean and dreams, coinciding with the appearance of a child that looks very similar to Guts and Casca is a little too conveniant for me to simply call "coindicence".

Guts and Caska are completely undetectable odwise. If they could be detected even slightly, the miriads of hungry spirits that flock to any warmth in the interstice would be jumping at their juicy, sacrificed selfs.
Not necessarily. The seal on the brand only "repels" evil spirits, not all fragrance of odic forces.

Serpico, Farneze & Isidro are meh! odwise.
Except for their ridiculously odic drenched equipment...

so where did the extra child material for this kid come from?
Casca's wish, perhaps? Why should the Berserk world have to obey the 'law of conservation of mass'?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Walter said:
Casca's wish, perhaps? Why should the Berserk world have to obey the 'law of conservation of mass'?
Because it's been so based on reality ever since the eclipse.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Eddie said:
Because it's been so based on reality ever since the eclipse.

Actully, the opposite. Reaility completely turned around after the eclipes. During the golden age, there were no faries, there were no apostles (excluding zodd and wyld), there were no magic, wizards, or summoners. It was just 2 nations at war with each other, with a supreme commander, and someone who can use a huge ass sword better then most.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
DemonX said:
Actully, the opposite. Reaility completely turned around after the eclipes. During the golden age, there were no faries,
Oh and the pixie power that cured Guts after the fight against the 100 whence did it came? Also maybe you didn't notice what caracter did appear just before the eclipse did begin .
there were no apostles (excluding zodd and wyld),
I seem to remember that Roshinu and the snail count did off a lot of Hawks, and would have Rickert too had not Skully interfered.Also I had the impression that a huge serpent- like being was roaming around (and that before the eclipse
did begin, because then there were Apostles galore)
there were no magic, wizards, or summoners.
not that we heard of ,(and it does not mean that none were around, in fact a seer did read the future to...Puck, gasp a fairy was around then!!!) but there was around a certain stone able to do the summoning just so fine. Also there were prophecies tossed around like rain by the usually two caracters, that even now are specialized in that, even if it is a lot of time that Zod keeps is trap shut. ;D

DarkBlademaster

Oh and the pixie power that cured Guts after the fight against the 100 whence did it came? Also maybe you didn't notice what caracter did appear just before the eclipse did begin

It was alredy basic knowlage that magic existed. But there wasn't AS MUCH magic as there is in any other arc. Of course puck poped up there... he was in the arc before too. Im talking about the overall idea. The pixie dust is nothing when it comes to the general idea.

I seem to remember that Roshinu and the snail count did off a lot of Hawks, and would have Rickert too had not Skully interfered.Also I had the impression that a huge serpent- like being was roaming around (and that before the eclipse
did begin, because then there were Apostles galore)

Thats because the eclipes was alredy set into motion then.

DemonX said:
It was alredy basic knowlage that magic existed. But there wasn't AS MUCH magic as there is in any other arc. Of course puck poped up there... he was in the arc before too. Im talking about the overall idea. The pixie dust is nothing when it comes to the general idea.
The Berserk world is made to be much more about numerious things then just midland and Chuda fighting in the hundred year war even during the Hawks rise.

It was spoken before the main Religion came into the world and took over people stoped believing in it so much so it died down a little, then made a dramatic entry when he second eclipse happened. Judeau said many people dont believing in them but they do exist, and we can determine that some different places in the Berserk world are accepting to the ideas where some are totally oblivious.

Flora also spoke of old, numerious spiritual creatures of such from the more spiritual part of the Berserk world, who also must have slowly disappeared when humans stoped believing in them.
Also its safe to assume Elfhelm had been around for sometime, plenty of wizards and other such creatures for some time.

Thats because the eclipes was alredy set into motion then.

From what we could gather of the counts story, he himself would have come to power before Guts was in the hawks. In any case there is no reason to suggest that most apostles suddenly popped up around the time Griffith came to power. There had been at least 1 God hand for a thousand years, and one of the really important jobs they have is to put power on apostles. I think most of the Apostles from the eclipse would have been around for ages before Guts.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn't we put all of this bullshit under a topic called: "Fundamentals of Berserk" ? Is anyone, besides our TheHawks Embassy posters here, actually confused about these issues? No.

So go play elsewhere, little Hawks.

DarkBlademaster

Walter said:

:'(

I just wanna say one more thing to defend my side and you wont hear from me about this subject again.

There had been at least 1 God hand for a thousand years, and one of the really important jobs they have is to put power on apostles. I think most of the Apostles from the eclipse would have been around for ages before Guts.

I ment about the information that was alredy given to us though the story. We had very slim information about the godshand and the eclipes. The first time we read it, did we think about the godshand every 1000 years? Did we think about apostles and griff leading them? I doubt it. Not until maybe the end of the eclipes, and it was highly unlikly then, too.

Just to be safe dont reply to this. It might anger the great almighty walter :-X.

Walter said:
Couldn't we put all of this bullshit under a topic called: "Fundamentals of Berserk" ? Is anyone, besides our TheHawks Embassy posters here, actually confused about these issues? No.

Well walt y dun you give a little opinion on this issue before you actually stop them? Maybe you will give the wisest conclusion to the fact that does the world really change after the rebirth of Griffith or it is already like that?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Griffith said:
It was also just like how the demon child used to protect Casca from anything evil that was out to get her. Interesting.

-Griffith

Though I don't think it's very likely, I would really like it if he did turn out to be some aspect of the kid. Or at least an ocean-wish manifestation based on him.

It's been quite a while in Berserk, since something cute like him turned out to be vile. I really don't think he's going to turn out to be flat-out malevolent, at a wild baseless guess I think he'll just be.. complicated. Some good things about him but he complicates the situation by needing rescue/treatment for some wierd things wrong with/after him.

And if he is taken away or disappears, is not Caska going to completely freak?

An outside possiblity that I didn't notice suggested yet is that he is bait sent by Griff to lure Caska and therefore Guts to him, or to their doom or whatever.

And this may be the wrong place to post this, but I colored a page from this chapter:

http://webspace.ringling.edu/~ccannon/berserk/240_06_fullcolor.jpg

I intend to color a page from each new chapter so when the next one comes out, everyone message me which one you'd like to see colored ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom