Help a newbie catch up

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
When Zodd and the Skullknight are facing off outside of the first eclipse, does Zodd say you've stood against us for thousands of years or for a thousand years?

In the summaries it says thousands, and if thats true wouldn't that indicate that SK is from before Gaiseric's time?

Also if a red beherit ceremony occurs every 216 years, and the only way we know for sure that one can leave the godhand is to be reborn (which only happens every thousand years) how the hell are there only 4 or 5 godhand members?

I doubt their very easy to kill, and the only creatures that I could imagine killing them (sans SK and maybe Gatts someday) would be apostles and they're servants of the God Hand so that doesn't make sense.

Isaac

When Zodd and the Skullknight are facing off outside of the first eclipse, does Zodd say you've stood against us for thousands of years or for a thousand years?

A thousand years.

In the summaries it says thousands

It's mistake, then. ^_^;;

Also if a red beherit ceremony occurs every 216 years, and the only way we know for sure that one can leave the godhand is to be reborn (which only happens every thousand years) how the hell are there only 4 or 5 godhand members?

Who said God Hands existed more than 1000 years ago, for example?
And there could be other reasons as well...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Summing it all up, I think the whole the story so far has not revealed the wherebouts of god hand. It's probably the artist's intention, since their past may reveal big time questions.

Isaac

I scored untranslated scans of 185 and 186 and for the most part i think its faily easy to follow whats happening but I am a little confused as to what that slave girl is saying. What's her role?

Also what do we know about the cute littel witch girl in the end of 186?

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
There is not much to go on about either of these new characters.

The blonde 'slave' girl is quite mysterious. She goes on about 'the coming of the savior'....so she seems to be a prophet of sorts. Oddly enough she is correct. Moments later, Griffith shows up, white knight on horseback style, to confront the Kushan General. The last we see of her is when she is about to approach Griffith, but a fight ensues between Griffith's 'new gang' and the Kushan army. The last few current chapters have shifted to Gutts', Caska's and Puck's journey to 'elfland'.

The 'witch girl' is another mystery for now. She has a strange power which allows her 'spirit' to exit her body and enter another lifeform. So far, the only lifeform her spirit has entered was a small bird...and as far as we know, that's about the extent of her abilities. Anyway, through the bird, she saw everything that just occurred with Griffith's little rumble with the Kushan. She seems to be quite knowledgeable for such a young girl.

Isaac

Yeah I hope you guys don't mind chatting up a newbie too much.

Okay what about the part where the Kushan shoot all those arrows at Griffith. Does someone explain why they all missed? Is that some indication of what powers reborn Griffith may have (do we know how powerful he is in his current state?).

Also what's up with Charlotte? I remember reading somewhere about how the king died and she had to appoint someone to take the throne until she was old enough or whatever. What ever happened with that? Do you think Griffiths intentions are to go rekindle things with her to get his kingdom? I doubt he would've bothered emassing such a strong little posse if he was planning on taking the throne peacfully like that... unless he's planning on going and conquring some other countries right away, or he's affraid of Gatts (not likely).

Isaac

Vermillion

Yeah I hope you guys don't mind chatting up a newbie too much.

No problem man. Afterall, we were all newbies at one point ;)

Okay what about the part where the Kushan shoot all those arrows at Griffith.  Does someone explain why they all missed?  Is that some indication of what powers reborn Griffith may have (do we know how powerful he is in his current state?).

Have you ever seen the anime Cowboy Bebop?? A guy by the name of Mad Pierrot comes into mind....

Also what's up with Charlotte?  I remember reading somewhere about how the king died and she had to appoint someone to take the throne until she was old enough or whatever.  What ever happened with that?  Do you think Griffiths intentions are to go rekindle things with her to get his kingdom?  I doubt he would've bothered emassing such a strong little posse if he was planning on taking the throne peacfully like that... unless he's planning on going and conquring some other countries right away

This one is interesting. So far, we do not know the relationship between Charlotte and Griffith. My guess is that she will go gaga for him once again and gladly want him for King. But that would make things far too easy for Griffith to realize his dream....Miura won't allow that in my opinion.

affraid of Gatts (not likely).

Man you ARE a newbie, ain't ya? :p

With power like that...Griffith, in my humble opinion, fears no one.

Isaac

No i've not seen Cowboy Bebop, i'll have to check that out. Would you mind explaining the relavance?

I don't really think Griffiths is affraid of Gatts thats why i put the (not likely) after it. I just thought i'd put it out there.

Then again i don't know how powerful griffith is, I was just kind of assuming he's a frail human now that he's been reborn but obviously thats not the case.

So if Charlotte hasn't picked placeholder king that we know of, then whose ruling over midland at this point? I find it hard to beleive that it'd take very long for the nation to fall into chaos without a king.

Isaac

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, right now Midlands kinda just in 'shit'. No one person is ruling. Princess Charlotte is in hiding from the Kushan forces.

Q: Who has she appointed?
A: No one.

Q: Why should Griffith make a big army?
A: To fight the Kushans.

Q: How can he rule Midland?
A: Charlote's poon-tang.   ;)

Just my thoughts.

Vermillion

No i've not seen Cowboy Bebop, i'll have to check that out.  

You won't regret it!!

Would you mind explaining the relavance?

Well, Mad Perriot is super killing machine. You see, his body was enhanced(for lack of a better term) in a science project funded by the military/government(I guess??). The story goes that he cracks one day and escapes the lab killing anyone and everyone responsible for his suffering during the experiments.

He has super abilities that include: flying in mid air, super incredible fast karate moves, teleportation and some sort of body shield/aura that deflects bullets. In his coat, he an arsenal of guns, explosives, stabbing weapons, you name it.

In other words he is super saiyen's(DragonBall Z) worst nightmare and can mop the floor with Neo(the matrix)...in my opinion.

I'm thinking Griffith has similar abilities(minus the modern weapons ofcourse).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
...I dont think so. I think its just the fact that the world is beginning to change arond Griffiths hand. Anything thats not supposed to happen, wont. Griffith cant be touched because the world wills it to be this way through the Beherit-Apostles wish.

Vermillion

The world revolves around Griffith, huh? I do not think so. Griffith needs to EARN his dream. He WANTS to earn his dream. He simply doesn't want it given to him. That's not his way or desire. Atleast I dont think so.

We just need to see him bleed. Because if he bleeds, he can be killed...

EDIT: Ah, I see what your saying, the Beherit-Apostle sacrifised itself for a better world. His wish was Griffith. Interesting...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Volume 17, as Farneeze reports to the Vatican. Isnt there a word that Charlotte is in hiding? Or does it simply say shes missing?

I could have sworn they said hiding...oh well. Im sure shes alive still.

Volume 17, as Farneeze reports to the Vatican. Isnt there a word that Charlotte is in hiding? Or does it simply say shes missing?

Actually, Azan talks about that in the previous scene, and simply says that she's missing. They don't know what happened to her.

Top Bottom