Great news!!Bastard!! vol23 is out!

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
To think the previous volume got released in 2001...anyways, they FINALLY released the volume 23!! Major event!! There's also a quite thorough new Data book...
Now, how long are we gonna wait for vol 24??

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
A mighty long time probably... But did you have to post this in the dirt bag? Couldn't you post this in current chapters? heh...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
But c'mon... its FUNNY.... Its funny and I like it, that only happens once every 100 comedies.
and a friend (now dead) recomended it...

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Gara and D.S.' relationship is similar to Guts and Griffith's in some ways. This appears even more obvious in the Ovas. And of course,
Gara and Guts really look very much alike, don't they?

7MD said:
You never heard of Dark Sneider! :'( (i know my spelling sucks!)

Dark Schneider/D.S./Darsh is my favorite guilty pleasure. :)

I have Bastard #23. The art's fantastic, very detailed. It's basically one long fight -- lots of blood and explosions. For the most part, the tone's serious. I wish I had a better idea of what's going on in the story, though.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Ever played the games?? The Super Famicom fighter is centered onto the first story arc, is very original and just looks plain beautiful. The Playstation RPG features one of the best anime intros I've ever seen in any game, even though the game in itself isn't actually that good. But if you're a diehard Bastard!! fan, you'll be sure to like this game.

miurafan said:
Dark Schneider/D.S./Darsh is my favorite guilty pleasure. :)

I have Bastard #23. The art's fantastic, very detailed. It's basically one long fight -- lots of blood and explosions. For the most part, the tone's serious. I wish I had a better idea of what's going on in the story, though.

Darsh, is the man. We all know that. I just like how cocky he is. How arrogant. Its just funny as shit.

Bastard and Berserk, well at least i can think of a resemblance between the 2 which is they all take hella long time to release ;)

Oltobaz, I'm not really into the video game thing, although my son is. Only few weeks after getting him the online Final Fantasy XI thing and he's already bugging me for the next Halo game...jeez, it never ends! This kid needs a job.

But speaking of gaming, I did notice toward the back of #23 an ad for an online Bastard game. Looks like it's a "coming soon" thing, though:

http://www.bastard-online.jp

7MD, a huge part of D.S.'s appeal for me is that he's an arrogant bastard. :) He's also a total slut.

Smith, I've only been reading Berserk for the last couple years, so I must've missed Miura's slow periods. I think Hagiwara is a bit more erratic in his output. Considering the amount of detail these guys put into the art, though, I'm not surprised they have periods of downtime to keep from burning out.

For the first time I have picked up a comic to read other than Berserk, And yes it is Bastard

I was pretty amazing by the resemblance between this 2 manga, also focusing mostly about demon slaying... The violence and the way people get kill/mutilated was similiarly gruelling...

And the final part about Angel fighting is really too tough for me to understand :p

Top Bottom