New Kenshin OAV

Decarbia

Nothing said could change the fact. / My trust was
Kenji is Himura's and Kaoru's first child. He's basically a clone of Himura (except his hair is cut like Kurt Cobain... kenshin cut his way a similar way towards the end of the manga... I think after he recovered from that little fit of his?).

Hmm... the OAV may be about how Kenji recieves the sakabatou from Yahiko... his first trials and tribulations, blah blah blah... Himura's legacy lives on, yadda yadda yadda. :p

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
No Saitoh? :( He and Sanosuke make such a cute couple...

I only liked the OVA and the Kyoto arc with Shishio... did anything good happen after that? Or was it just downhill?

CnC

Ad Oculos
you know I may be ignorant for saying this... but when did Kenji make his entrance? The movie?
(thats the only thing Kenshin I haven't seen yet, to my knowledge)

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
No Saitoh?  :( He and Sanosuke make such a cute couple...

I only liked the OVA and the Kyoto arc with Shishio... did anything good happen after that?  Or was it just downhill?

Well over all the filler crap was just that - CRAP. All in all there were 1 or 2 good funny episodes, and I didn't HaTe the whole amakusa shougo thing like most other people... it was enjoyable for what it was.

I hope this new OAV is good...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well over all the filler crap was just that - CRAP. All in all there were 1 or 2 good funny episodes, and I didn't HaTe the whole amakusa shougo thing like most other people... it was enjoyable for what it was.

I hope this new OAV is good...
Whatever, the anime was crap but Jinchuu (manga beyond the Kyoto Arc) was amazing.

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
I know that's why I'm worried about this "original" story. Even if they did the Jinchuu arc they could have screwed it up, but this is even more uncertain.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Whatever, the anime was crap but Jinchuu (manga beyond the Kyoto Arc) was amazing.

couldn't agree more, i really enjoyed how RK matured from a mawkish, if not childish, attempt at shounen manga to a defined and more mature  story. not to mention in the end, the artist (nobuhiro?) has finally grasp his personal style of art

(until toward the end, his art shifts is not very original -- now his art is very defined and distinguished)

the anime sucked big big time, although it was extremely popular >:(

Decarbia

Nothing said could change the fact. / My trust was
I don't know if the story really matured as much as you say. If you ever read the "Starting Note" or whatever in the volumes, it seems that at first he was going to kill Kaoru for good, but as soon as some of his audience started crying about it, he immediately turned it into a "Oh, that wasn't Kaoru! It was a manequin! Yeah, that's it." He proclaims himself to be a big fan of Jim Lee... I guess he's a fan of Marvel's storytelling methods, as well. "Uh oh, people don't like the new Spider Man.... it's a CLONE!" "Uh oh, people don't like the furry new Wolverine.... it's a CLONE!" ad nauseam, ad infinitum. He turned an otherwise tragic storyline into a happy happy, joy joy, fan-serving piece of shit.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if the story really matured as much as you say. If you ever read the "Starting Note" or whatever in the volumes, it seems that at first he was going to kill Kaoru for good, but as soon as some of his audience started crying about it, he immediately turned it into a "Oh, that wasn't Kaoru! It was a manequin! Yeah, that's it." He proclaims himself to be a big fan of Jim Lee... I guess he's a fan of Marvel's storytelling methods, as well. "Uh oh, people don't like the new Spider Man.... it's a CLONE!" "Uh oh, people don't like the furry new Wolverine.... it's a CLONE!" ad nauseam, ad infinitum. He turned an otherwise tragic storyline into a happy happy, joy joy, fan-serving piece of shit.
...Yeah and I guess the whole scene with Gen working on a "secret project" in the downstairs of Enishi's home was just a completely unrelated event. It was alluded that it would be SOMETHING really strange and mysterious, at the time no one figured it would be a mannequin.

Besides, Enishi couldnt kill Kaoru because then he would become the very thing that he had spent his life hating. Contradictory.

Sounds to me like youre taking some sort of hatred of american comics out on Watsuki...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
So maybe I don't really like kenshin tv and manga, but i'm really into the ova.
Can somebody explain why is himura a dork in th emanga and the tv series, while in the OVA he is so cool and everything? Different artists, what?
Somebody, please, give me a reason to watch the tv series...

Top Bottom