Berserk manga Vol. 4 US release date

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Wow, does Dark Horse even realize the manga's going into a flashback? To think, Gambino's been around all this time, waiting for his reunion with Guts...

But hey, it's getting translated and published, so that's the important thing I guess. 8)

What concerns me more is that (and even though I like Darkhorse's choice in Manga) It like Akira takes 3 months to publish 1 volume.

Now Berserk volumes are realised in Japan something like once twice a year, so at this rate the english version which is 25 volumes behind or so will take 6 years to get up to volume 26 or 27, and by then the series will be close to volume 40.... pretty shit for some.

Sparnage said:
What concerns me more is that (and even though I like Darkhorse's choice in Manga) It like Akira takes 3 months to publish 1 volume.

Now Berserk volumes are realised in Japan something like once twice a year, so at this rate the english version which is 25 volumes behind or so will take 6 years to get up to volume 26 or 27, and by then the series will be close to volume 40.... pretty shit for some.

Like i said before , it need a minimum of 12 yrs to catch up with the current pace

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
God, I loved that summary. For those that missed it:

Berserk Volume 4 TPB

By: Kentaro Miura
Genre: Manga, Action/Adventure

Now that the evil Count has been killed and dragged to Hell by the demon lords of the Godhand, Guts, the Black Swordsman, hooks up with his former benefactor, the mercenary Gambino. But it’s a deadly reunion, one that nearly takes Guts’ life. The following years see Guts wandering from battlefield to battlefield, where his awesome skills as a slayer catch the eye of both warring parties, including the legendary Griffith, warrior leader of the Band of the Hawk, who is eager to test his combat skills against those of the Black Swordsman. Co-published with Digital Manga.

Also, I'm moving this thread to where it belongs..

Walter said:
Now that the evil Count has been killed and dragged to Hell by the demon lords of the Godhand, Guts, the Black Swordsman, hooks up with his former benefactor, the mercenary Gambino. But it's a deadly reunion, one that nearly takes Guts' life. The following years see Guts wandering from battlefield to battlefield, where his awesome skills as a slayer catch the eye of both warring parties, including the legendary Griffith, warrior leader of the Band of the Hawk, who is eager to test his combat skills against those of the Black Swordsman. Co-published with Digital Manga.
Wow... N00b's classic ::)

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Walter said:
Berserk Volume 4 TPB

By: Kentaro Miura
Genre: Manga, Action/Adventure

Now that the evil Count has been killed and dragged to Hell by the demon lords of the Godhand, Guts, the Black Swordsman, hooks up with his former benefactor, the mercenary Gambino. But it’s a deadly reunion, one that nearly takes Guts’ life. The following years see Guts wandering from battlefield to battlefield, where his awesome skills as a slayer catch the eye of both warring parties, including the legendary Griffith, warrior leader of the Band of the Hawk, who is eager to test his combat skills against those of the Black Swordsman. Co-published with Digital Manga.
Damn, couldn't one of those lazy bastards at least read the damn series?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
HAAAHAHHAHHAHahahahahahhHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!.....?????

Stupid fucks just ruined some of berserk's chances at the big times...

But instead of complaining, I decided to email dark horse to correct their horrible summery.

I would just like to say that I have been a fan of berserk for a long time, and when I read your summery I was dissapointed. Volume 4 is supposed to be a flashback of Gutz childhood; he does not reunite with anyone. Again I would say many fans where very dissapointed with the summery, and I hope you can correct it with a proper summery for the future.

M

medievald00d

shoulda sent them SK.net's website and translations to show them what a translation really looks like... ::)

DemonX said:
But instead of complaining, I decided to email dark horse to correct their horrible summery.

A pity its too late but its good someone thought to do something like that. Maybe I should as well to support the idea.

I was going to show my brother the fault of the Berserk summary on the Dark horse site but it seems they went to the trouble of fixing it. Isn't that nice?

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-287

Maybe bitching helped. Demon, you should have a warm fuzzy feeling inside ;)

Vol 5:

He is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a warrior of legendary prowess-relentless, fearless, merciless. As cold and brutal as the iron of the massive sword he wields. Bent on revenge against the unholy forces that have branded him for sacrifice, but especially on Griffith, one of the demon lords of the Godhand. But Griffith was once a man, the leader of the Hawks, a renowned cadre of elite fighters with a young Guts as its fiercest champion. Though forged in a crucible of cruelty and violence, nothing could prepare Guts for a confrontation with Nosferatu Zodd, a superhuman beast who slaughters Guts' comrades as easily as a scythe cuts wheat. Even Guts and Griffith are no match for the abomination's power ... but something Griffith wears around his neck may well be!

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
I would just like to say that I have been a fan of berserk for a long time, and when I read your summery I was dissapointed. Volume 4 is supposed to be a flashback of Gutz childhood; he does not reunite with anyone. Again I would say many fans where very dissapointed with the summery, and I hope you can correct it with a proper summery for the future.

They might have taken that seriously if you could have spelled a few words correctly.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Vol 5:

Bent on revenge against the unholy forces that have branded him for sacrifice, but especially on Griffith, one of the demon lords of the Godhand. But Griffith was once a man, the leader of the Hawks, a renowned cadre of elite fighters with a young Guts as its fiercest champion.

Did they kind of spoil the series here?

Dragon Slayer said:
Did they kind of spoil the series here?
You mean how in the volumes before this it shows Guts with the brand and then the GodHand appears, with Griffith/Femto, and then they discuss what the brand means?
No, I think you should know that by now.

Top Bottom