Skull Knight True Form

Well, first i have to say this idead came after i've watched some chapters of Full Metal Alchemist . As long as Alfonse Elric, i think the SK we know is just a EMPTY armor, no body, no nothing inside him, just his soul and some dust.

Reviewing the last chapters, this is quite correct to me, so it is if you look to Shierke's emblem (chant, enchant, wathev), it saved Gutts soul from being completely doomed by the beast. Since SK died on the beast armor, another chant could be done by master witch, to emprision SK's soul to the Skeleton armor he use now, so he can still fight on this world, but no more on the limitations of a human body. When Gutts Shierke and SK are talking on the beach, there's a interesting part:

Scherkie - Is this armour something that you had actually worn before
Skully - Being the beloved student of the witch of the spirit tree, you are quite intelligent
Skully - It is true, that armour is something I wore
Skully - Long ago, when we were ones who were still in the reasons of time
Scherkie - Reasons of time....then this person...

PAUSE - Heres where i wanted to reach. Shierke didnt finish the phrase, but i think what (obvious)she wanted to say THIS PERSON IS IMORTAL, or already death... wathever =)

Skully - We were friends, just like how you two are now
Skully - The Od that resides in that armour is the same as a flames that never burns out. Even if you hold if off, it will still burn. And any chance it gets, it will easily become a massive flame
Skully - Even if a charm is on it, do not let your guard down

Other point about the apparence is the flame orbits on the skull, very similar to Al's eyes on his metal armor. Here again the flame thing can be translated to the fact his eyes still shows flaming-like orbits, which can be related to this part: The Od that resides in that armour is the same as a flames that never burns out. Even if you hold if off, it will still burn . Well, SK's spirit is still burning =)

Speaking about the horse, i think it could be a gift from some necromancer, or from a death casted by the Witch (well, when talking about the horse i honestly cant find any reasonable explanation).

So these are the speculations i've been noticed, any critcs are welcome to contribute =P

(and sorry about my grammatics, im still rookie in english)

I think it's interesting because you are pointing out arguments for your speculation, and those arguments are in my opinion quite good.

I tought about that theory before but the size of his head/skull is the size of a normal person (the only thing anormal from his skull are the spikes). Then we saw Guts and SK on the beach talking about loosing taste and things, so i think that the only thing left in the armour would be his soul and his skeleton. The reason why i think his skeleton is still there is not only because of the size of his head, bones are less decomposable (is it the right word ? Putrefaction?) than flesh.

Personaly i think that good ideas will point out from people of the board here.. i hope it won't turn into a mess..

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Then most likely skully was like guts but in the end let the beast take over him?

Then most likely skully was like guts but in the end let the beast take over him?

Yes, but differently from GUts, Skully didn't stop the killingspree behavior, and the armor ended consuming his mind, and the body could not take the damage - then he died. But his spirit endured, and with the witch's help (who we know was big friend of his), had the soul transfered to another container. The fact about the helmet's and armor's theme being skull and bones have to be a connection on Gaseric's (i presume=P) inner beast.
Well, going far in my speculations i could say since the spirit isn't connected the body anymore, now the spirit need to find another vessel , but one which has a relation with the new spirit's form. So the soul fitted in skeleton body as if it is made just for it since it reflects the soul's new form!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
tokken_brz said:
Well, first i have to say this idead came after i've watched some chapters of Full Metal Alchemist . As long as Alfonse Elric, i think the SK we know is just a EMPTY armor, no body, no nothing inside him, just his soul and some dust.
I like the recent evidence you bring up, however this stance on Skully's "innards" has been rather evident since vol. 16, when he ate Roshinu's Beherit. The sound it made hitting his "armor" on the inside was "KA-RANG", implying it was hollow.

Walter said:
I like the recent evidence you bring up, however this stance on Skully's "innards" has been rather evident since vol. 16, when he ate Roshinu's Beherit. The sound it made hitting his "armor" on the inside was "KA-RANG", implying it was hollow.
I think the sound doesn't exclude the hypothesis of the skeleton inside the armor... since the armor is not "full" the behelit can hit the borders of the armor... well it's suiting my theory of the skeleton inside, the is still the possibility to be empty (or with some behelit inside, without anything related to a physical being).

I like the skeleton theory because it fits nature's law about decomposition of bio-organic things and the lost of feeling Guts is having and Skully had (see my other post in this thread..)

- Shurikn -

well i think its possible that he has some sort of curse applied by flora that keeps him in the armor,

kind of how guts had a few small spells,

what if sk had a big spell?

maybe because him and flora knew what was coming,

just a thought ;D

- c

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
The Dragon Reborn said:
Maybe hes a living piece or Armor.

nth200402.jpeg

nostyleart

Quixotic
this theory seems logical and seems like it could work, but what about the whole Tower of Doom and those branded skeletons and the general/leader who wore a skull as his helmet, then the entire kingdom dissappearing suddenly. i still think that SK was fighting in the berserker armor, went berserk, got really hurt, summoned the god hand, sacrificed his kingdom to become either a god hand or an extremely powerful apostale (he did sacrifice alot of people.) the armor's original helmet piece is a skull, which makes this theory more intresting. i think flora just gave hi the armor in the first place.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
nostyleart said:
this theory seems logical and seems like it could work, but what about the whole Tower of Doom and those branded skeletons and the general/leader who wore a skull as his helmet, then the entire kingdom dissappearing suddenly. i still think that SK was fighting in the berserker armor, went berserk, got really hurt, summoned the god hand, sacrificed his kingdom to become either a god hand or an extremely powerful apostale (he did sacrifice alot of people.) the armor's original helmet piece is a skull, which makes this theory more intresting. i think flora just gave hi the armor in the first place.

The major flaw with this theory is that if Skullknight was an apostle turned good like you say, then why is it that Puck senses dwarven magic from him and Guts's brand doesn't bleed? I think because of those facts, I find it hard to believe that Skullknight was the one who sacrificed all those people in the Tower of Doom. I think the most popular speculation about who sacrificed all those people is Void.

The Godhands are more a destructive force created through the deaths of hundreds of people. The sacrifice of all those people in the Tower certainly coincide with Griffith's sacrifice of the Band of the Hawks so he could become Femto. Usually apostles only need to sacrifice one person who is close to them.

Also, as Godhands are a destructive force, Skullknight tries to save others such as Guts, Caska, and Luca. Not a trait that is normally associated with the Godhand or apostles.

nostyleart

Quixotic
just looked back into the manga. makes perfect sense, i never thought void was the one to destroy the kingdom of midland, and void's face is a skull as well. just never passed my mind.

thanks for the new theory which makes so much more sense.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I think Skull Knight has a connection with the Berserk armor some how. It would be nice to know who crafted it.

KazigluBey said:
I think Skull Knight has a connection with the Berserk armor some how. It would be nice to know who crafted it.

He says it clearly, I WHORE THAT ARMOR LONG TIME AGO....

Uriel, thanks for Elric brother´s picture !!
For those who dont know Full Metal Alchemist, the smaller one is the older brother, he doesnt have left arm and left leg, the actual are "automail". The big one is the youg bro, Alphonse, who doesnt have a body, he is a living empty armor.

Beherit

Ich Lust, Du Lust
Erm.. this is just my opinion on some minor details.. :-X

If the Skull Knight had his skeleton intact, it would clang around if not suspended by some force or.. "glued" to the sides of the armor.

As for the toes, while the pic above looks as if they are intact feet, other drawings may suggest otherwise. I'd have to comb through a few chapters, but I'm bored.. so..

But that's just my opinion. ^^;;

tokken_brz said:
Yes, but differently from GUts, Skully didn't stop the killingspree behavior, and the armor ended consuming his mind, and the body could not take the damage - then he died. But his spirit endured, and with the witch's help (who we know was big friend of his), had the soul transfered to another container. The fact about the helmet's and armor's theme being skull and bones have to be a connection on Gaseric's (i presume=P) inner beast.
Well, going far in my speculations i could say since the spirit isn't connected the body anymore, now the spirit need to find another vessel , but one which has a relation with the new spirit's form. So the soul fitted in skeleton body as if it is made just for it since it reflects the soul's new form!

Nice speculation man. Very interesting points.

I

Italian_demon

Miyu said:
The major flaw with this theory is that if Skullknight was an apostle turned good like you say, then why is it that Puck senses dwarven magic from him and Guts's brand doesn't bleed? I think because of those facts, I find it hard to believe that Skullknight was the one who sacrificed all those people in the Tower of Doom. I think the most popular speculation about who sacrificed all those people is Void.

The Godhands are more a destructive force created through the deaths of hundreds of people. The sacrifice of all those people in the Tower certainly coincide with Griffith's sacrifice of the Band of the Hawks so he could become Femto. Usually apostles only need to sacrifice one person who is close to them.

Also, as Godhands are a destructive force, Skullknight tries to save others such as Guts, Caska, and Luca. Not a trait that is normally associated with the Godhand or apostles.

I agree about SK not being an apostol, but i'm wondering about something......
He knew quite well what Guts brended had to face, in facts he sooner give him a little training and he axplain what will happen and why.....
Could it be that he spoke for personal experience?
What about SK being a human brended escaped from the Festival and that then as Guts being not anymore just a normal human but belonging as Guts to two worlds he could penetrate del barrier of the forest meeting the young Flora?
Then again being friends they started a relationship similar for Guts and Skerkira?
The armur has signs of Roses as the sword.... to me it's a sign of Flora's power intervents....
Who knows if they planned everything and just prepared to be a support for Guts!
Teaching Skerkira and helping SK to have a metamorphosy long time before.....
The one that could defeat God Hands is Guts cause he's a cursed man born from a Dead body..... The one that could hopefully oppose to the Destiny....
I have the feeling that SK didn't die or transformed cause of the Armur (just he used cause he needed to be stronger at certain period of his life fighting Apostoles..) but he decided to sacrify himself to begin something higher and oppose to the God Hands and Apostoles as a support to the predestinated Guts!

Just my opinion...

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I'm thinking about the Berserk Armor. Specifically, I am thinking about how it flowed onto Guts' body, and the viscous fluid form of the underarmor. Maybe SK kept fighting after he died, then decided "Phew, i must reek somethin' awful! Flora's not gonna let me anywhere near the Tree House if I don't take a bath!
<rip> <clang> >ka-rang< Huh?

AHHhh!"

And thus did he come to realize himself as the Skull Knight. After all, Schierke merely said the previous owner died using the armor, she never said he stopped moving around and being cryptic.

Top Bottom