Author Topic: Episode 241  (Read 38751 times)

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
Re:Episode 241
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2004, 04:04:33 PM »
We don't know if Gaiseric was the one who wore the armour before.......
too early to assume Skully=Gaiseric

I think it was time to assume it in volume 10 when Miura drew Skull Knight and Gaiseric on the same page for no other reason than to compare them. It's just too early to say it has been confirmed.

-Griffith

Offline Lithrael

• Of the Nexus
  • Remember, always hold your apple tight
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2004, 06:59:16 AM »
Insanely cool chapter.  And, as promised, here's a colored page.  Enjoy!  

http://webspace.ringling.edu/~ccannon/berserk/241_08_fullcolor.jpg

Not quite as good as the last one - that THING is hard to find a color scheme for.  (any critiques/comments please just message me so's to keep from cluttering the discussion, thanks!)

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2004, 08:11:59 AM »
That is a impressive coloring.

Offline Smith

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2004, 08:17:18 AM »
That is a impressive coloring.

Goddamn impressive, she's an artist  8)
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline Shurikn

• Of the Interstice
  • Meiyo
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2004, 03:00:17 PM »

Not quite as good as the last one - that THING is hard to find a color scheme for.  (any critiques/comments please just message me so's to keep from cluttering the discussion, thanks!)

:o
La culture c'est comme les confitures, moins t'en as, plus que tu l'tends...

Offline Kyosuke

• Of the World
  • Azumanga Berserkoh!
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2004, 05:08:01 PM »

WHA! The Makara isn't PINK PLAID! I PROTEST! This egregious mistake must be rectified POST HASTE!. Its obvious that this cute, cuddly little sea cucumber just wants to play and is subsequently the victim of Guts misdirected, angsty emotional constipation. BAD GUTS, Shame on you for hurting such a sweet, innocent, cuddly little sea-friend, its obvious he just wants a hug.

In all seriousness, thats a very nice coloring job, its amazing how much color changes the whole persective of the panel. I especially like the coloring for the lettering.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 05:31:40 PM by Kyosuke »

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2004, 07:24:10 PM »

WIOWOWOWOOWOWOWOW!!~!~!!! You gotta teach others to color like you! Then we could start coloring pages chapter by chapter, and surpass the hawks scanlations!

Anyways, Nice chapter, like always. And it looks like everyone got what they wanted, Guts become comsumed by the beast armor. At least now we know how he transforms and stuff, with the head coming behind him and swallowing him up. But damn! He bled so much in the transformaion!
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2004, 07:54:36 PM »
What do you think happened at page 10?

Schierke answers "no", but to which question?
Also Guts dashes against the makara after a strange image of the beast and this after he tasted some blood.

I guess Schierke was answering the question regarding if Guts remained safely himself.
And the beast made him run against makara's strike to force Guts' transformation. But does this makes sense to you?
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
  • The can opener went bye-bye...
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2004, 08:30:56 PM »
What do you think happened at page 10?

Schierke answers "no", but to which question?
Also Guts dashes against the makara after a strange image of the beast and this after he tasted some blood.
Isidro seems to be asking a question at the end of page 9...
The taste of blood drawing out the beast obviously...  He is stunned trying to keep it under control then WHAM...  oops, careless me...
Ok, so I leave and come back....

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »
Isidro seems to be asking a question at the end of page 9...
hehe actually he asks a couple of' em. that's why I questioned
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2004, 09:09:52 PM »
I think her "No", while a response to Isidro, isn't so much an answer as it is a reaction to Guts fighting. She knows what's coming.

More belated thoughts on this chapter; Guts transformation isn't unlike an Apostles at times, like on page 14, notice the mist flying out from everywhere, blowing everything off of him that isn't part of the armor. It's clearer now that we aren't looking at Guts locked inside beast armor but Guts transformed into the Beast. I wonder if the transformation will become more dramatic/natural/permanant over time and use.

Yeah, so maybe Ganishka is off on that little boat watching. ;D

-Griffith

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2004, 10:17:40 PM »
good eye Griff... I hadn't noticed the other equiptment getting blown off previously...

great work
color scheme is great for that thing
Isidro's dagger looks funny, but it does in the original too...  seems more like a blob then a blade at an angle
and I must wonder though... is it too bright and colorful to be Berserk?

* Majin Tenshi pokes page 14
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 10:43:18 PM by Majin Tenshi »

Offline Kakkoii_Guts

• Of the Interstice
  • 海賊王になる男だ
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2004, 02:06:43 AM »
Excellent coloring job.

Offline tokken_brz

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2004, 02:51:36 AM »
Great colors Lithrael.!  Tell us when you start teaching =p

About the chapter, im afraid if Guts rage can turn against Schierke when she tries to bring him back to reality again. Curious thing the black liquid taking possession of Guts body during berserk mode. Reminded me about the time when he fought the butterfly apostle, his quote "Look around me , take a look at the darkness that surrounds me".
Could that black slime be the "darkness"  in phisical form really absorbing Guts?  :P  Very cool transformation.
Cant wait to see Guts fighting Zodd again, beating him even apostleized. But that may cost Guts body limit.

im sad about my speculations on the kid didnt get confirmed, apparently he is not powerfull as i thought. gotta wait a little more...

(could be ganishka himself on that boat????)

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2004, 02:59:12 AM »
black liquid...?  you mean the stuff dripping out of the armor on page 19?  thats his blood

Offline tokken_brz

« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2004, 03:15:56 AM »
Nono,its earlier, when he is transforming, the arms and face details, that black think thing  flowing on Guts skin.in last pages i agree, that is blood.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 03:18:54 AM by tokken_brz »

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2004, 04:49:32 AM »

About the chapter, im afraid if Guts rage can turn against Schierke when she tries to bring him back to reality again. Curious thing the black liquid taking possession of Guts body during berserk mode. Reminded me about the time when he fought the butterfly apostle, his quote "Look around me , take a look at the darkness that surrounds me".
Could that black slime be the "darkness"  in phisical form really absorbing Guts?  :P  Very cool transformation.

I took the black liquid that covers Guts's arms as magical liquid metal myself, but if you speak of when he is speaking to Jill telling her about the being from the realm of the dead that follow him, I can't say I see any real similarities between the two.

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2004, 05:51:27 AM »
well, from my understanding... when a person wears full plate mail, they don't just wear a bunch of plates.  they wear layers of padding and chain mail underneath.  thats why full plate is such a bitch to get into and out of... also why its so effective.  
now you aren't gonna pull off those forming in just a couple of seconds as the armor engulfs Guts.  So, the black liquid is the under-armor.  It probably also relates to the armor's magical abilities, like preventing pain.  

What I find interesting about the armor closeing around his arm is that the plates look almost parralel...actualy they almost look like they're comeing out of the other side of his arm. It doesn't really look like the armor went down his arms... or if it did, that it went all the way down before wraping around... ramble rambel ramlbe

Offline Smith

« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2004, 11:41:32 AM »
It doesn't really look like the armor went down his arms... or if it did, that it went all the way down before wraping around... ramble rambel ramlbe

To me it seem like the black liquid wrap his arm and then hardened or transform into the arm guard of the armor...
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline Freddy C

« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2004, 03:31:44 PM »
wow, what a cliff hanger, will Schierke be able to get Guts to stop...? hmmm im doubting it, i think Guts will stop himslef when he get damaged enough, though the armour is likely to keep him going on.

well, nice to see Guts and his armour in action again

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2004, 03:41:09 PM »
wow, what a cliff hanger, will Schierke be able to get Guts to stop...? hmmm im doubting it

Yeah it would be unlikely for Miura to have Guts simply be taken over by the armor then have her come and do the same thing so easily, something surprising has to happen.

Offline Viral Harvest

• Of the Interstice
  • Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2004, 10:16:37 PM »
Jesus Christ,

The artwork in this chapter rules.

Note: Page 14
"If I could strike one blow to spite their force, though I might bear one hundred more, I would wear the welts like rubies, and the shackles for a crown. And if I had one hundred hearts I would throw them all before their bullets before I'd sell a single one to wield their power. So lest we fall out of love with life, let us give all we have to give - for only a fool would cling to this world."

Offline demosthenes

« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2004, 04:18:59 AM »
this chapter brings to heart the basis of what berserk is based on and what makes me love it ever so much.

Offline burnout39

• Of the World
  • HA! I can see you!..What...you can see me? AHH!
« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2004, 07:46:21 AM »
Jeeze Lithrael, I really want to see an explanation on how you did that... :P
If you think I am cool/brilliant/stupid or whatever, check out my liveJournal  @ http://www.livejournal.com/users/burnout39/

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2004, 05:51:57 PM »
Indeed an excellent coloring job, Lithrael. However, all future colorings, regardless of how awesome they might be, should be posted in Creative Corner.

Now let's get back to 241.
:femto: :slan: :ubik: