Episode 241

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
LordofMasks said:
Well this chapter will surely be a Fight-Chapter...but I still dont think that the Monster is an Apostel. 8)

Maybe just another huge Monster.... ;D

lordofmasks

I definently think it IS an Apostle, however I also think that its just a unimportant one that serves as cannon fodder (ie: all the "Apostles" that attacked Flora's home that Guts so easily took care of).

One of the reason why its probably just an unimportant piece of meat err...apostle is because you'll notice that every important apostle has shown up in thier human form before transforming into thier apostle state (Zodd, Locus, Grunbeld, Wyald even Ganishka himself). And I seriously doubt this will be an exception.

The fight in the comming chapter will be just like the Ogre fight in that Guts will easily take care of it, however the real fight won't be with the Apostle/Tuna it'll be in keeping the Beast caged.

If you think so.. fine.. but personaly i don't think he's an apostle because of his teeth.. they look too much like Ganishka's so the monster is probably something like the daka or any other of his "creatures". And like you said each time we saw an apostle we see it in his "human" form before (those at Flora's house also) and i don't think that what we've seen is his "human" form.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Shurikn said:
If you think so.. fine.. but personaly i don't think he's an apostle because of his teeth.. they look too much like Ganishka's so the monster is probably something like the daka or any other of his "creatures". And like you said each time we saw an apostle we see it in his "human" form before (those at Flora's house also) and i don't think that what we've seen is his "human" form.

Ok maybe, I agree with you that the teeth are too "Ganishka'ish" not to have something to do with him. But what I was mainly trying to point out is, whatever he is Daka-Tuna or Apostle I just think he's not important. I still say the battle isn't going to really be with him its going to be with the Beast.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Yeah, I don't think this creature will be that important either. Tough, but not important. Serpico may even challenge this one, instead of Guts. The guy needs his turn. He did sort of prove himself against another marine creature.

The creature may just be a super powerful aquatic variation of Ganishka's land elephants. It could be an omen of the types of [Ganishka] creatures that will fight in his next battle against Griffith. Except that it will be on land.

Also...has anyone given any thought as to how they are going to fight a mammoth-sized sea creature in the first place? If it is an amphibian, which I'm guessing, then it will be simple. But it could just be one of those dangerous sea creatures we've been hearing about.

Uriel said:
That is extremely ugly...

That it is, but in a strangely funny way. What I wouldn't give to see Guts laugh at it before he gets those pointy-pupil eyes of doom and then proceeds to make cat food out of it.

The only opinion I have on these most recent chapters is that Ganishka is getting quite interesting.

And seeing Serpico in action again was good, too. He can cook and baby-sit AND lop off four heads with one whoosh. Versatile lad.

iggy

Oh no! Not hagued again !
Not to take advantage of Olivier's absence to hague freely, but we already know the creature is a makara. If the nose was not enough, it's in the title of the episode.

Judo

Midlands finest
nir085 said:
Serpico may even challenge this one, instead of Guts.
If I consider how Serpico ran away from that thing in the last chapter, I don't think he wants to challange it even in the slightest... except Farnese or somebody else is in danger.

iggy said:
Not to take advantage of Olivier's absence to hague freely, but we already know the creature is a makara. If the nose was not enough, it's in the title of the episode.

As we said.. it's not an apostle

Judo said:
If I consider how Serpico ran away from that thing in the last chapter, I don't think he wants to challange it even in the slightest... except Farnese or somebody else is in danger.

Agree...

The creature in the sea which i think is no also apostle, but you guys seem to be underestimating it, who knows if this sea elephant is even more powerful than an average apostles... Given on his size, Guts even with his party is going to have a hard time dealing it

And no, not the same with ogre... This one look definitely much tougher... well at least i can see from Guts and Serpico expression, it was totally different when they encounter the ogre

Look like only the moonlight child can deal with him ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
It is not the monster that is a danger, it is the armor. To beat such adversary is very likely that Guts will be forced to give in at the armor again...

If he gets taken over by the armor so soon it will be interesting to see if it has noticeable side effects every time it takes over him, after all seeing it has happened once it will be interesting to find out how he will change after it continuously happens.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
dwarfkicker said:
It makes you wonder if the elf king will be able to help him utilize the armor without being consumed by the beast everytime.

Nope, not me.

-Griffith

akikaze said:
Err...what? At least try to keep it understandable, please...
Smith : "I just remembered something.. how about Guts wound, he is not cured yet ? Flora died before being able to help him"

Akikaze : "Thanks Shurikn"

Me : "No problem"

:p hehehehehe

PS : may still be not accurate ;)

well, about this sea monster...Maybe i'm completely wrong but i think there was a legendary creature known as a behemoth which actually looked like an elephant but lived in the sea... well after the trolls, maybe it's another legendary creature making an appearance. But if such the case, I wonder if it was with the crocs, or if they came from different points, attracted by the branded, or more likely by the child, as Guts and Caska seem to be protected by their symbols.

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
Kuja said:
well, about this sea monster...Maybe i'm completely wrong but i think there was a legendary creature known as a behemoth which actually looked like an elephant but lived in the sea... well after the trolls, maybe it's another legendary creature making an appearance. But if such the case, I wonder if it was with the crocs, or if they came from different points, attracted by the branded, or more likely by the child, as Guts and Caska seem to be protected by their symbols.

Well thats only half right...the Behemot is a legendary creature...but its root is based on the Legendary Dragons from the Celtic Mythology ( I think) they were Tiamat, Tarrasque, Behemot and I cant remember the other...If I remember I post it... 8)

lordofmasks

LordofMasks said:
Well thats only half right...the Behemot is a legendary creature...but its root is based on the Legendary Dragons from the Celtic Mythology ( I think) they were Tiamat, Tarrasque, Behemot and I cant remember the other...If I remember I post it... 8)

lordofmasks

Miura take his inspiration from a lot of different Mythologies and believes... so why not ?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
yota821 said:
leviathan is another possible name...............
That doesn't really fit more than one of Leviathan's qualities, if there was mist around him or something then I'd agree.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
LordofMasks said:

lordofmasks

Not Celtic mythology in the slightest.

Tiamat is a Babylonian dragon and mother of the Babylonian gods: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/tiamat.html

Behemoth is what I'm assuming you mean here. This is actually a creature talked about in the Bible (Book of Job). Considered a demon from many accounts, it's not a dragon. http://www.occultopedia.com/b/behemoth.htm

I'm going to guess that the one you can't remember might be Leviathan, which is sort of like the Behemoth's marine counterpart (also from the Book of Job). Also not a dragon. In fairness, this could be your sea monster here though. :) : http://www.occultopedia.com/l/leviathan.htm

As for Tarrasque, I think that thing is strictly in the realms of RPG's and the like, I haven't found a single thing from any actual mythology. Just bad fantasy games (and we're talking *every* hit on Google and none on any of the usual mythology sites).

Not exactly sure what this has to do with anything, but there you have it.

akikaze said:
Err...what? At least try to keep it understandable, please...

Well... what i am referring to Gut's wound that is inflicted by Slann, how is it going to get cure and who will do it since Flora is dead...

Sorry i was a bit tired when i type it previously... not because my english sucks

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kimchan said:
As for Tarrasque, I think that thing is strictly in the realms of RPG's and the like, I haven't found a single thing from any actual mythology. Just bad fantasy games (and we're talking *every* hit on Google and none on any of the usual mythology sites).

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Tarrasque
http://www.theserenedragon.net/Tales/france-tarasque.html
http://www.dalton.org/libraries/fairrosa/dragon/tarasque.html
http://www.reptilianagenda.com/hist/h103199b.html

Your google is seemingly weaker than mine ::). There are much more detailled texts about this but they're in French, sorry.

Top Bottom