Episode 241

Smith said:
Well... what i am referring to Gut's wound that is inflicted by Slann, how is it going to get cure and who will do it since Flora is dead...

Sorry i was a bit tired when i type it previously... not because my english sucks
Now I get it ;)
Well, anyone, if not the Elf King himself will heal Guts' wounds...at least I think so.

The monster is called makara as the title chapter says.........
not Behemoth, leviathon etc......

Oh yea, speaking of Behemoth, in some legends, it's a giant giant fish

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
asmer said:
I think this creature may be related to the "makara":

http://www.khandro.net/mysterious_makaras1.htm

The Sanskrit word makara can refer to the amphibian animal we know as the crocodile. However, it also designates a mythological water creature that resembles a croc in only one way -- it has a long proboscis [nose-like organ.]

I think we have a winnar. Searching for images of 'makara' yields similar images to what Miura has drawn. I thought it was a japanese name (and an original idea) but good ol' Miura does his research.

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
kimchan said:
Not Celtic mythology in the slightest.

Tiamat is a Babylonian dragon and mother of the Babylonian gods: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/tiamat.html

Behemoth is what I'm assuming you mean here. This is actually a creature talked about in the Bible (Book of Job). Considered a demon from many accounts, it's not a dragon. http://www.occultopedia.com/b/behemoth.htm

I'm going to guess that the one you can't remember might be Leviathan, which is sort of like the Behemoth's marine counterpart (also from the Book of Job). Also not a dragon. In fairness, this could be your sea monster here though. :) : http://www.occultopedia.com/l/leviathan.htm

As for Tarrasque, I think that thing is strictly in the realms of RPG's and the like, I haven't found a single thing from any actual mythology. Just bad fantasy games (and we're talking *every* hit on Google and none on any of the usual mythology sites).

Not exactly sure what this has to do with anything, but there you have it.

You are right of the origin of the most Names that I used... But I really was refering to a book I red about Celtic Mythology...
"The first Dragon was Yaldabaoth also named Tliamat...he grew and made others like him...among them were Nagamat, Kaliyat, Orkus, Tarasque und Serpens..."
I confused the Behemoth...sorry...it was like 12 years that i didnt read that book again... 8)

lordofmasks

wow, that guy's looking good (not good good but very nice design of a monster).

im thinking maybe this guy will be tougher than it seems, just a feeling really. and i also think gutz and others will have a hard time with this one.

as to whether apostle or not, im not sure, im keeping my mouth shut on that one...to early i think.

im hoping for a long chapter but doubt it will happen, the fight will last a few chapters i think and if it does, i have a feeling some other villians or monsters will join the fight against gutz, like that time at the chapel.

iggy

Oh no! Not hagued again !
(answering machine sounds)
Due to having a shitty internet provider, Olivier won't be able to deliver the usual Berserk resume. Please leave a message after the beep.
(beep)

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Looks like Ganishkas doing but what the hell is it doing there? They should be helping Ganishka's ass against griffith that just doesn't adds up for me. Who knows maybe it is just part of their quest to get to elfheim and some other ordeal they must endure like the Trolls and the stupid looking kelpie.

iggy

Oh no! Not hagued again !
It's not like you're missing much...
the wizard(?) who controls the makara seems to be far over the sea, Serpico aims the eye but is snoten away, Guts tries to fight while containing the armor, but is ejected also. Isidoro throws bays, the monster attacks him and the others, Guts is afraid they might get seriously hurt, lets the beast invade him, the helmet and arm parts set themselves on him, and Guts destroys the makara, while Shierke tries to call him back, to be continued.

Not 100% sure, etc etc, you get the picture. Nobody talks about the child.

iggy said:
It's not like you're missing much...
Since you knew (at least so it seems), why didn't you speak out before? WE are always interested you know, nomatter what.

iggy said:
Nobody talks about the child.
Nobody who? Are you talking about the BERSERK heroes or the people that you got the info from?

Anyway, thanks iggy.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It was Schierke and Guts main concern even before going into this fight.

-Griffith

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
So Guts kicks the makara's ass, eh?

I'm suddenly envisioning Guts fighting Tasmanian Devil style.

iggy said:
Serpico aims the eye but is snoten away, Guts tries to fight while containing the armor, but is ejected also.

Look like the monster is indeed much more powerful...

Oh btw is there a limit on how many times can Guts turns onto beast mode?

On one hand, I feel bad for Guts, but on the other hand, I'm looking forward to some more badass Beast armor goodness.

bowdown.gif

Goddamn I love that armor!

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Smith said:
Oh btw is there a limit on how many times can Guts turns onto beast mode?

Do you mean is there a limit on how many times Guts can put on the armour before he loses his senses? If so then I don't know how long it will be before he loses all his senses but each time he puts it on he loses a bit more.

PS. Thanks Bakou and Orlandu for the scans! :)

Top Bottom