Episode 241

Thanks for the scans and the direct links Bakous/Orlandu...

Freaking amazing... what a fantastic way to slash the makara trunk off by making a back flip...

Btw iggy there was a small error in your summary, the monster is not dead... if it dies so easily then his berserk mode would be totally wasted (becz i guess there is a limit to his number of berserk mode)

Oh ya i guess elfhelm will not be coming so soon... no doubt there will be more and more fights in the next few chapters, at least we have one in a faraway island (the priest who control the makara)

Who knows after rounds of rounds of fighting, they would have to face Ganiska... ::)

Judo

Midlands finest
Neo_flux said:
looks like he cant control his evil
Well, if you have the choice of either holding your inner beast down or saving your comrades from being killed by a huge monster-elephant... which one would you choose?

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Judo said:
Well, if you have the choice of either holding your inner beast down or saving your comrades from being killed by a huge monster-elephant... which one would you choose?

At times like those he could really use a Mentos, or possibly a Kit-Kat :D lol

Thx for the scans guys. I wonder how the group's gonna get to those guys at sea controling the monster... maybe they won't, and will simply flee.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
GoHF said:
At times like those he could really use a Mentos, or possibly a Kit-Kat :D lol

Thx for the scans guys. I wonder how the group's gonna get to those guys at sea controling the monster... maybe they won't, and will simply flee.
Kit-Kat? makes me think of andrew WK. The chapter seems pretty cool so far.

When he unleashes the beast it totally reminded me of venom's symbiote when the black shit washes over his body as the armor shifts =x I wonder if it was blood, or something else.

I thought the way the armor washes over him looked very nice indeed, but its insulting to compare it to a marvel comic :p

Looks like we wont see him at 100% for a while. All I can think is that Miura is saving it for a special occasion when his ethereal wounds are fully healed and he has become stronger than before, so the Berserker armor takes over him Ishidoro or someone will have a shocked look on his face saying "wow he is even better than when he had the Berserker armor on last time!!"

The Berserker armor changed him after he returned to normal like the loss of colors he is able to see, the hand that wont stop twitching and such.
The factors of his dulled sensors dont sound like a good thing and Guts does not want it to happen, however it may be the reason he will become stronger as time goes.

Gaiseric surely become stronger after using the Berserker armor but its hard to know if there wasn't another factor to his developing strength...maybe sacrifice related or something when he lost his humanity.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
I thought the way the armor washes over him looked very nice indeed, but its insulting to compare it to a marvel comic :p

Well uh, considering the entire Beast armor in it's concept, application, and even look is an obvious play on the Venom concept, created by Marvel comics and Todd McFarlane I believe, it's really a rather appropriate comparison.

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Well uh, considering the entire Beast armor in it's concept, application, and even look is an obvious play on the Venom concept, created by Marvel comics and Todd McFarlane I believe, it's really a rather appropriate comparison.

-Griffith

"sigh" I know I know but I dont want to think of the idea it was based on a concept from such a inferior comic,

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
"sigh" I know I know but I dont want to think of the idea it was based on a concept from such a inferior comic,

Miura saw something worthwhile in it, enough so that he adapted it to his own series. No point in pretending otherwise.

-Griffith

Incredibly tough warrior combine with incredibly tough weapon, in decide it will make him a human of mass destruction

Btw, will the second transformation give him more white hair? ::)

Eh spiderman was one of the better marvel comics anyway, especially for its time.

But ah, back on topic. Sadly there still doesn't seem to be anything conclusive as to why the group was attacked. I mean, as far as we know, it could still just be a 'coincidence', and the priests in the boat got freaked by the group of priests on land getting whacked, so they sent in something to obliterate whatever caused the disturbance.

Either way, relations between Guts' group and Ganishka at this rate are going to get worse and worse...unless he's testing Guts or something. Unlikely, of course.

One other very unlikely but I think not mentioned reason for the attack on the group is, what if skully's presence somehow inadvertently drew the priests to the group's location? Major major longshot I know, since skully left without saying why awhile before the shit hit the fan on the beach, but eh, never know. It's sort of going with the theory that the priests were drawn by the group's Od-powered equipment and Shierke being a magic user. The group might have been like a beacon to the priests, but skully might have been like a bonfire. You might say, 'well why didn't they go after skully?' but he seems to be able to travel pretty damn fast, so by the time they realized they couldn't catch him they realized there's still another magical presence around where he was before leaving. Bigtime Longshot, I know. It's probably more of the first reason, that being good ol' causality at work.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Smith said:
Incredibly tough warrior combine with incredibly tough weapon, in decide it will make him a human of mass destruction

Btw, will the second transformation give him more white hair? ::)

I'm trying picture guts with flowing white Bushi Griffith hair... *shudders* Ok thats never going to work.

The other thing that I'm really interested in is seeing just how much using the armor really affects and/or changes Guts. This could be a very good indication of the pacing of the story untill something is changed. Wether it be healing Guts and damage the armor has done, or changing the armors nature/ getting rid of it all together. I can't really see Miura letting letting Guts become an invalid due to the armor side effects (I'm purposely discounting the "Berserk Armor turns wearer into Skully" hypothesis for the sake of clarity)

Sparnage said:
Gaiseric surely become stronger after using the Berserker armor but its hard to know if there wasn't another factor to his developing strength...maybe sacrifice related or something when he lost his humanity.

We don't know if Gaiseric was the one who wore the armour before.......
too early to assume Skully=Gaiseric

Ok that may be true but in any case Its safe to assume Skull knight was a human, and to whatever extent a factor of the power he has presently is because of the armor.

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Orlandu said:

Merci for your kindness, Bakou and Orlandu. ;)

Ganishka is still testing Gatts as a possible assassin of Griffith, I think.
BTW, where has skully gone? Is he meeting Ganishka to talk of some kind of the coalition force? ;D

dwarfkicker said:
It wouldn't surprise me. But at the same time I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

Not only that... does Guts have to go through the painstaking process of pulling the armor off his body again? I have this very bad feeling that Guts isnt returning to his usual self anymore... Even if he is being brought back, it would be totally different and he wont be the same again

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Thank you Bakou and Orlandu.

Luckly Guts and Schierke said to Skully "Awww, you old cot, it is never gonna happen again that we let the armor take the leading role. Not in your dreams , pal"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Bottom