Episode 241

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Saiki said:
We don't know if Gaiseric was the one who wore the armour before.......
too early to assume Skully=Gaiseric

I think it was time to assume it in volume 10 when Miura drew Skull Knight and Gaiseric on the same page for no other reason than to compare them. It's just too early to say it has been confirmed.

-Griffith

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Insanely cool chapter. And, as promised, here's a colored page. Enjoy!

http://webspace.ringling.edu/~ccannon/berserk/241_08_fullcolor.jpg

Not quite as good as the last one - that THING is hard to find a color scheme for. (any critiques/comments please just message me so's to keep from cluttering the discussion, thanks!)

Lithrael said:

Not quite as good as the last one - that THING is hard to find a color scheme for. (any critiques/comments please just message me so's to keep from cluttering the discussion, thanks!)

:eek:

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Lithrael said:

WHA! The Makara isn't PINK PLAID! I PROTEST! This egregious mistake must be rectified POST HASTE!. Its obvious that this cute, cuddly little sea cucumber just wants to play and is subsequently the victim of Guts misdirected, angsty emotional constipation. BAD GUTS, Shame on you for hurting such a sweet, innocent, cuddly little sea-friend, its obvious he just wants a hug.

In all seriousness, thats a very nice coloring job, its amazing how much color changes the whole persective of the panel. I especially like the coloring for the lettering.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Lithrael said:

WIOWOWOWOOWOWOWOW!!~!~!!! You gotta teach others to color like you! Then we could start coloring pages chapter by chapter, and surpass the hawks scanlations!

Anyways, Nice chapter, like always. And it looks like everyone got what they wanted, Gutts become comsumed by the beast armor. At least now we know how he transforms and stuff, with the head coming behind him and swallowing him up. But damn! He bled so much in the transformaion!

What do you think happened at page 10?

Shilke answers "no", but to which question?
Also Guts dashes against the makara after a strange image of the beast and this after he tasted some blood.

I guess Shielke was answering the question regarding if Guts remained safely himself.
And the beast made him run against makara's strike to force Guts' transformation. But does this makes sense to you?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
xechnao said:
What do you think happened at page 10?

Shilke answers "no", but to which question?
Also Guts dashes against the makara after a strange image of the beast and this after he tasted some blood.
Isodoro seems to be asking a question at the end of page 9...
The taste of blood drawing out the beast obviously... He is stunned trying to keep it under control then WHAM... oops, careless me...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think her "No", while a response to Isidro, isn't so much an answer as it is a reaction to Guts fighting. She knows what's coming.

More belated thoughts on this chapter; Guts transformation isn't unlike an Apostles at times, like on page 14, notice the mist flying out from everywhere, blowing everything off of him that isn't part of the armor. It's clearer now that we aren't looking at Guts locked inside beast armor but Guts transformed into the Beast. I wonder if the transformation will become more dramatic/natural/permanant over time and use.

Yeah, so maybe Ganishka is off on that little boat watching. ;D

-Griffith

Majin_Tenshi

good eye Griff... I hadn't noticed the other equiptment getting blown off previously...
Lithrael said:

great work
color scheme is great for that thing
Isodoro's dagger looks funny, but it does in the original too... seems more like a blob then a blade at an angle
and I must wonder though... is it too bright and colorful to be Berserk?

[me=Majin Tenshi]pokes page 14[/me]

Great colors Lithrael.! Tell us when you start teaching =p

About the chapter, i´m afraid if gatt´s rage can turn against shierke when she tries to bring him back to reality again. Curious thing the black liquid taking possession of gatts body during berserk mode. Reminded me about the time when he fought the butterfly apostle, his quote "Look around me , take a look at the darkness that surrounds me".
Could that black slime be the "darkness" in phisical form really absorbing Gatts? :p Very cool transformation.
Cant wait to see Gatts fighting Zodd again, beating him even apostleized. But that may cost gatts body limit.

i´m sad about my speculations on the kid didnt get confirmed, apparently he is not powerfull as i thought. gotta wait a little more...

(could be ganishka himself on that boat????)

Nono,its earlier, when he is transforming, the arms and face details, that black think thing flowing on gatts skin.in last pages i agree, that is blood.

tokken_brz said:
About the chapter, i´m afraid if gatt´s rage can turn against shierke when she tries to bring him back to reality again. Curious thing the black liquid taking possession of gatts body during berserk mode. Reminded me about the time when he fought the butterfly apostle, his quote "Look around me , take a look at the darkness that surrounds me".
Could that black slime be the "darkness" in phisical form really absorbing Gatts? :p Very cool transformation.

I took the black liquid that covers Guts's arms as magical liquid metal myself, but if you speak of when he is speaking to Jill telling her about the being from the realm of the dead that follow him, I can't say I see any real similarities between the two.

Majin_Tenshi

well, from my understanding... when a person wears full plate mail, they don't just wear a bunch of plates. they wear layers of padding and chain mail underneath. thats why full plate is such a bitch to get into and out of... also why its so effective.
now you aren't gonna pull off those forming in just a couple of seconds as the armor engulfs Guts. So, the black liquid is the under-armor. It probably also relates to the armor's magical abilities, like preventing pain.

What I find interesting about the armor closeing around his arm is that the plates look almost parralel...actualy they almost look like they're comeing out of the other side of his arm. It doesn't really look like the armor went down his arms... or if it did, that it went all the way down before wraping around... ramble rambel ramlbe

Majin Tenshi said:
It doesn't really look like the armor went down his arms... or if it did, that it went all the way down before wraping around... ramble rambel ramlbe

To me it seem like the black liquid wrap his arm and then hardened or transform into the arm guard of the armor...

wow, what a cliff hanger, will shierke be able to get gutz to stop...? hmmm im doubting it, i think gutz will stop himslef when he get damaged enough, though the armour is likely to keep him going on.

well, nice to see gutz and his armour in action again

Freddy C said:
wow, what a cliff hanger, will shierke be able to get gutz to stop...? hmmm im doubting it

Yeah it would be unlikely for Miura to have Guts simply be taken over by the armor then have her come and do the same thing so easily, something surprising has to happen.

burnout39

HA! I can see you!..What...you can see me? AHH!
Jeeze Lithrael, I really want to see an explanation on how you did that... :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed an excellent coloring job, Lithrael. However, all future colorings, regardless of how awesome they might be, should be posted in Creative Corner.

Now let's get back to 241.

Top Bottom