Episode 241

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Sparnage said:
Yeah it would be unlikely for Miura to have Guts simply be taken over by the armor then have her come and do the same thing so easily, something surprising has to happen.
Anyway that armor creates more problem that it solves and at the end:

From Puella's translation of cap.227:

Sch: It's power of the armor. The armor is reinforcing the broken legs and arms piercing through into the flesh and straining the bones.
I heard the former owner, whose whole body was strained by the teeth of the steel of the armor, died because he continued fighting on, until he had all of his bones broken and of his blood drained.

If I was Guts I would kick that armor in the sea once and for all and I will take my chances like always I had before the armor.

puella

Berserk forever
roberto999 said:
If I was Guts I would kick that armor in the sea once and for all and I will take my chances like always I had before the armor.

I think Guts would do it some day. ;D 8)

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Could Guts even stand without the armor anymore?

I'm a little confused regarding the armor's properties. Does the no pain or fear thing work round the clock, or only when activated?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Woland said:
Could Guts even stand without the armor anymore?

Probably not, or with difficulty.

Woland said:
I'm a little confused regarding the armor's properties. Does the no pain or fear thing work round the clock, or only when activated?

It works all the time, though from what Guts said, the armor's effect is stronger in battle. So he still feels pain while travelling with the armor on, but not as much as he would without it.

The Armor undoubtably has done alot of damage but I still think It is his way of eventually becoming more powerful than ever before.
Alot of his reasons for being so much weaker now is because of the strain he put his body through when he wasn't even able to stand, and the etheral wound on his chest has also played a huge part in how damaged he is, in fact since he has gone crazy with it this time it is the one that has reopened badly, maybe the damage wouldnt be so bad if he wore it without any major injuries....aside all the dulled down senses and whatever else.

Sparnage said:
and the etheral wound on his chest has also played a huge part in how damaged he is,

This is what worry me the most, unless Guts wound somehow got cured, his health will deteriorate further

Smith said:
This is what worry me the most, unless Guts wound somehow got cured, his health will deteriorate further

Scherkie made out like Flora would have been able to do something to help him back in the woods, so the only way he could have the wound fixed would be to meed this legendary wizard in elfhelm.
The big question is how much worse it's going to get before then.

i think that gutz can do without the armour because the thing is that skullknight did without the armour but look at him now, gutz may well end up like that.

The question is. What did the Skullknight do to become a being like that? To die in that Armor shure wasn't the thing that he did to become like that, that would be kinda 'easy'. But that's another topic...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
akikaze said:
The question is. What did the Skullknight do to become a being like that? To die in that Armor shure wasn't the thing that he did to become like that, that would be kinda 'easy'.

"shure wasn't."?

Fuck that shit.

Or, to put it another way, the wearing of the armor obviously relates to what Skully is today, partially if not wholly. Jesus, does Miura have to write the answers on his dick in stick it in our ass?

-Griffith

Griffith said:
"shure wasn't."?

Fuck that shit.
*ugh*...

Griffith said:
Or, to put it another way, the wearing of the armor obviously relates to what Skully is today, partially if not wholly. Jesus, does Miura have to write the answers on his dick in stick it in our ass?

-Griffith
Yes, that would help alot...no, seriously, yet I don't see any real reason why perishing in that armor would make him..."whatever he his"...not yet. I should've pointed out my opinion more clearly. It's more like, "I don't believe that it's enough to die in that armor...".

Griffith

*UgguuugoURGHoo!!....le sigh* ...

akikaze said:
*ugh*...Yes, that would help alot...no, seriously, yet I don't see any real reason why perishing in that armor would make him..."whatever he his"...not yet. I should've pointed out my opinion more clearly. It's more like, "I don't believe that it's enough to die in that armor...".

Since Miura's not here, I guess I'll have to write it on my dick.

That's a lame opinion either way; ironically lacking imagination. Yes, there likely could be more to it besides the armor, duh, that's the obvious alternative; something else! Genius! But, why not take the time to explore the possibilities within the one avenue we know of when it comes to what Skully is now? If you don't believe it's enough to die in the armor, re-read Skully talking about the dangers of the armor and fucking think about it for a minute.

I say again, "Shure wasn't"? Fuck that shit.

-Griffith

6th Angel

What a big...um......sword!
On page 10 do Guts bottom teeth get larger when the blood hits them or are my eyes playing tricks on me?. If they are getting bigger it shows that Guts is now changing and becoming more beastlike.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Griffith said:
"shure wasn't."?

Fuck that shit.

-Griffith

Hold on there Griffith, I don't think it's very clear yet. All Miura's done so far is show us a very obvious silhouette of Skull Knight when the last person to wear the armor is mentioned. And then there was the lecture from Skully involving his very detailed knowledge of its side effects on the wearer.

Coincidences, all of them! ;D

Griffith said:

-Griffith

i don't see no shit...but seriously, i think the armour as i said somewhere else here in this forum, consumes your life hence why guts' hair is going white, and i think he will end up a cripple or rather look like one, because i don't think he is as strong as skullknight...anyone care to disagree?

Griffith

Freddy C said:
i don't see no shit...but seriously, i think the armour as i said somewhere else here in this forum, consumes your life hence why guts' hair is going white, and i think he will end up a cripple or rather look like one, because i don't think he is as strong as skullknight...anyone care to disagree?

Yes, I disagree.

That is all. ;D

-Griffith

Freddy C said:

I disagree.
Have you read Berserk at all?! Guts not AS STRONG AS Skullknight!!? What about all those apostles and monsters he's taken on by himself 8)
And Skullknight, we don't really know for sure what he was like when he was human anyway.
As for Guts, I doubt he'd end up a cripple or "look" like one as you say...if anything, he'd lose some more of his senses and become less human and more like the beast overtime...but I don't see that happening in the next couple of chapters. I have been surprised before though!
I can't wait for the next chapter! ::)

;D

We don't yet know if Skull knight was the very last owner of the armor even though we know he had it at some stage. Scherkie says the previous owner of the armor died fighting in it, so was that Skull knight before having a second chance at life ending up the way he is now, or simply been used by more than one person?

If someone else had used it after him then I would personally assume it's more likely that it is a major reason to why he is the way he is now, ergo he became more powerful because of it so Guts can as well.

If it was he who died in it then it is less likely that he had much to do with becoming how he is now, but rather after he died something else was the reason for his growth in power, and if that is the case then Guts may not be able to grow in power as much as hoped, or at least from the armor alone.

Griffith

Well, let's take this time to survey the great minds of SK.net. Using what we know, we'll determine who wore that pesky armor last with the power of logic. Let's see,

*the guy dying in the armor was holding a sword not unlike Skully's. Nothing there.
*Flora is the keeper of the armor, she would look at the armor longingly, she is friends with Skull Knight. Nope, still a mystery to me.
*Skully said he wore the armor before! ...But, you know, I bet Flora loaned it out all the time for parties and such, probably why looking at it brings up such fond feelings.
*THE HELMET WAS IN THE SHAPE OF A GOD DAMNED SKULL WHEN GUTS FIRST PUT IT ON WHO'S INNER DEMON WOULD BE REPRESENTED BY A SKULL YOU GOD DAMN ASSHOLES ANY IDEAS!?!

Well, I'm just darn buffaloed about this one, so who DID wear that crazy armor last?

skullguts.jpg

Was it...

A.
flora.gif
B.
schierke.gif
C.
zepec.gif
D.
schnoz.gif
or...

E.
skully.gif
skully.gif
skully.gif
skully.gif

Just curious, Sparnage, but what does someone wearing the armor after Skully have to do with the liklihood of the long term affects the armor has on the wearer?

I mean... I don't get it, if someone else wore it after Skully, Guts can be like Skully, if not, then no? What? I'd think it would be the opposite even. Why does skully dying in the armor make it less likely the source of his power? Cause then he'd be dead? :)

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Just curious, Sparnage, but what does someone wearing the armor after Skully have to do with the liklihood of the long term affects the armor has on the wearer?

I mean... I don't get it, if someone else wore it after Skully, Guts can be like Skully, if not, then no? What? Why does skully dying in the armor make it less likely the source of his power? Cause then he'd be dead? :)

-Griffith

Im going by probable theories with the facts in hand here, and seeing we don't have a heap of evidence I would still try to consider plausable situations where the facts may differ depending on two possible pathways the story could go down.

If it was him who died in it that would likely mean forces greater than the Berserker armor was responsible for him living as Skull knight, and though the armor made him strong at the time all it really ended up doing was kill him. With that I would assume the armor alone wasnt a huge help....maybe but seems more unlikely then the other if it kills him.

If it were someone else who died from the armor then I personally would assume they clearly were not as good as either Guts or Skully and thats why the died.
If skully did not die from it then I would see it as more likely that he became stronger because of it, so even if the being inside the armor loses senses after time it makes the fighter more suitable for combat, in other words if the armor doesn't kill the person it really will make them stronger with time.

Anyway thats how I saw it, but if you see something here as dodgy then don't be shy, Griff.

Griffith said:
*UgguuugoURGHoo!!....le sigh* ...Since Miura's not here, I guess I'll have to write it on my dick.

That's a lame opinion either way; ironically lacking imagination. Yes, there likely could be more to it besides the armor, duh, that's the obvious alternative; something else! Genius! But, why not take the time to explore the possibilities within the one avenue we know of when it comes to what Skully is now? If you don't believe it's enough to die in the armor, re-read Skully talking about the dangers of the armor and fucking think about it for a minute.

-Griffith
Hell, calm down already...
What do you want from me? I say it again, I still don't believe that this would be all. I did not say that the armor has no effect on becoming like Skully, I just believe that there is more than that. That's alsmost the same fucking thing you want to press in my head so eagerly. Let me just have my opinion, ok?
As Sparnage said, dying in that armor is probably not enough to become like Skully. It could be enough, and it could not be enough, that's all I want to say. Now you can go on an try to advice me on that, I don't care, for me Miura still didn't explain everything. The armor consumes his owner, his senses, his od and so on... and then? The owner dies and *pow* *flashylightsallovertheplace*...*theplacesuddenlydarkens* *fog'sallovertheplacenow* and then *tadaa* The owner steps out of the mist as a 'thing' like Skully (is that enough imagination?)...Yeah, and that's it? Nah, I don't think so...

I

Italian_demon

Hello Guys,

i personally believe that the Armor just does what it did already...
That`s: let you take off the whole force all your body without limits, so if the ownder will just go over the limits that his own body can bear he`ll die, otherwise he`ll certainly will have a help during the Battle.
I don`t think that the Armur can transform a Human to an higher form of "Being" as... Skully is right now.... Something else it happened that made Skully and his horse what they are now in my opinion...
No one mantioned the fact that Skully has his own Armur now?? That sounds really a powerfull armur, where did he got it?
He`s not human anymore and i think that someone gave him the power he has now!
About the Armur having the shape of the Skeletor, we shouldn`t forget that we all have a skeletor inside, it could be a status of the Armur when it`s not influenced by any soul...
I can understand the Soul of a Wolf or a Hawk but which Soul`s creature is a "skull"??

Italian_demon said:
About the Armur having the shape of the Skeletor, we shouldn`t forget that we all have a skeletor inside, it could be a status of the Armur when it`s not influenced by any soul...
I can understand the Soul of a Wolf or a Hawk but which Soul`s creature is a "skull"??

I can't believe someone could be this dense. Let's look at all the skull imagery here:

Gaiseric wore a skull-shaped helmet.
The Berserk armor had a skull-shaped helmet.
Skullknight himself said he once wore the Berserker's armor.
Skullknight has a fucking SKULL for a head.

The armor does change shape, presumably to match the owner's od. I don't know where you're pulling 'souls' and animals out of your ass from. And considering Skullknight said he wore the armor, AND the armor changes shape, AND its -last- shape had a fucking skull, AND HE WORE THE ARMOR BEFORE, I think it becomes pretty damn clear why the armor had a skull shaped helmet.

So you're going to throw all that aside because EVERYONE has a "skeletor" inside them, and assume the 'natural' state of the armor is a skull? Wtf kind of idiotic statement is that?

In ch. 237, Skullknight said, "Even if a charm is on it, do not let your guard down; if you wish to stay as a human." I think it's pretty clear the armor just doesn't kill you. Or else he would've said "or you will die." So add that to everything already mentioned here, and the fact that Skullknight isn't human and has already worn the armor, how the fuck do you NOT conclude the armor helped turn Skullknight into what he is now?

Flora may have been involved, as she mentioned Guts and Schierke may not make the same choice as she and Skullknight...that choice may have been turning Skullknight into what he is now, or merely the choice to wear the armor. Either way, those are semantics. You guys are picking at insignificant little details and missing logical conclusions that can be drawn from the story at this point.

Top Bottom