Berserk armour and d&d hit points

Whoever is familiar with the dungeons&dragons game or maybe even some other roleplaying games should perhaps know of the hit point concept.
Seeing Guts in Berserk armour gives me the impression that it could be exactly something like that.
Every time he is hit or performs a super move that could worsen his condition, we could consider him losing a part, from a hit point total, assigned to him.
When he reaches zero, we could consider him having bleeded to unconsciousness or death.

The fact is roleplaying games, never tell you that everybody is armed with a berserker armour by default haha.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
ELEKTROFUNK said:
*sneezes* geek

Hey, easy there, hes just trying to fit in by bringing up stupid topics. Or maybe he has a new goal and thats to become #1 on the poster's list?

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Guts has hit points like a FF character. Lots and lots of hit points making him damn near unkillable as long as he doesn't get into the wrong fight. But he has these without the armor. The armor would convert a lot of damage into nonlethal damage. Which results in a knockout instead of death. I think this is kinda where you could be headed but I not sure I understand what you are saying.

Aconyro said:
Guts has hit points like a FF character. Lots and lots of hit points making him damn near unkillable as long as he doesn't get into the wrong fight. But he has these without the armor. The armor would convert a lot of damage into nonlethal damage. Which results in a knockout instead of death. I think this is kinda where you could be headed but I not sure I understand what you are saying.

Well obviously you didn't get my point. I was trying to redicule d&d hit points. This concept is not appliable neither to Guts of the manga, neither in a film, neither in reality.
I have only seen it in video games, where the sprite has an energy bar that may get consumed till it reaches zero and then you are supposed to lose.
Guts and BERSERK characters can not be depicted with hit points. For example, remember the fight of Guts, after having killed Roshinu, with the knights of the holy order.
But while in the magic berserker armor, Guts seems to be enjoying a situation similar of the d&d hit points concept. With every hit, he loses only "hit points" or blood but his strength or fighting ability, remains the same. Even the possibilty of broken arms or legs or whatever doesn't count. When he will lose all of his "blood" or hit points he will only stop.

akikaze said:
Well, what you want to say is...when Guts dies in that armor...he'll stop...

Are you bored or something? ::)

hehe in fact, yes, I am.
Anyway, this was more of a topic against d&d than speaking of Berserk. I know we must be having some d&d geeks on the board and I was trying to hurt their feellings, hehe.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
The Dragon Reborn said:
your hurtin my feelings bringing it up :p
he's hurting my feelings because I don't know a thing about d&d so I don't get it in the least bit.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
xechnao said:
Hey, are you some kind of an idiot?

Actully, no. I base my information on posts that i read. You are the idiot, for not realizing that i posted my 2nd post after reading your two other lame ass posts which came after my first. Its a dynamic decision.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
If you want to ridicule someone who plays D&D, just act like a Christian priest while spouting non-sense, it works most of the time. Most get real hateful and defensive too, unless they are a salvager.

A salvager gets some old a book or two (or just makes up everything from what they can remember after looking at a book since it seems its major rule is that there isn't any), maybe grabs some dice, but most likely cards and spare change. But it seems to be a poor person's video game with or without the salvager. What geeks are doing playing a poor person's video game is beyond me. Shouldn’t most geeks have enough money for real video games? (for those who do not understand what I’m saying think ‘Pretendo’)

I’ve actually engaged in the use of a old D&D book explained to me as a first version or something, and the use of a pack of cards to play it. It was odd, but it was kind of interesting trying to draw a king in order to blow some other guy’s head off with a shotgun.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Smith said:
Maybe there is a post competition between Eddie and Xechnao? Since thir post is so close...
If so then it would only be in his head, I'm content with my post count.

Top Bottom