Lith's colors & tutorials

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Thank you, guys!   :guts:

Well my humble topic has surpassed 10,000 views, and to celebrate I had another go at drawing a teenage Schierke.  Here she is!

http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/schierke242.jpg

Plus I just got my hands on the last few YA's, so I should be showing up relatively soon with high res versions of a few of my favorite panels.   :void:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Lithrael said:
Thank you, guys! :guts:

Well my humble topic has surpassed 100,000 views, and to celebrate I had another go at drawing a teenage Schierke. Here she is!

Plus I just got my hands on the last few YA's, so I should be showing up relatively soon with high res versions of a few of my favorite panels. :void:

congrats on the 10,000 views. And great work so far.

I like the sketch. It's a tad orthographic, but thats ok as long as you make a side view and start a modelin'... (hint hint) :guts:

Lithrael

*cough* fixed, fixed... Delusions of grandeur...

Yes, ok, fine, I will get started on zooming out for teh boobies. :puck:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Lithrael said:
Thank you, guys!   :guts:

Well my humble topic has surpassed 10,000 views, and to celebrate I had another go at drawing a teenage Schierke.  Here she is!

Plus I just got my hands on the last few YA's, so I should be showing up relatively soon with high res versions of a few of my favorite panels.   :void:

Congrats, Lith!  The drawing of Schierke is very nice. :serpico:  I'm waiting in eager anticipation for your new colored panels, too.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Great work! You're an inspiration, and I'd get coloring if not for finals.

I like Schierke, but her eyes seem a bit sketchy. Perhaps they could be a bit better defined. I'm just nitpicking though, great drawing.

Lithrael

Here's a quick panel from 277. I'll try to hit the page after CnC's excellent colors from this episode, next.

277_glub.jpg

Cheers!

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Gosh, so many colors were posted this week! This was one of my very favorite panels. Looks awesome. You get a great sense of him being underwater.

Lithrael

Well, I decided to try this panel from episode 278 as a paintover. It's hard, but it looks good! :serpico: It's taking me forever though, so here's a nice lil crop for a preview.

278_06_wip.gif

By the way, this one's based off Saiya's scan, thank you Saiya! :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
_Very_ nice, lith. I like it. I realy like how you took saiya's scan and made it a kind of painted look

I also like the bluish green parts of the mist. I eagerly await the final panel (I need a new wallpaper) :D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's really pretty cool. The only part I can't say perfectly satisfies me is the blood, but even so it's very well done. Now I'm eager for the finished work like CnC. :SK:

Vaxillus

Looking very nice, both this preview and the last. The blood does look strange, but that's because it's been saved as a .gif. Any reason behind this? I'd imagine it'd take up more space.

I'm loving that mst though, and the armor looks fantabulous.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vaxillus said:
The blood does look strange, but that's because it's been saved as a .gif.

I doubt that, vax. The blood (atm) has no indication of shading so it pops out. She's workin' of saiya's bitmap tif so its got to be tricky to color.

Lithrael

Ok.. Preview, part II! Cause this really is taking me forever. It's wallpaper size in case anybody's impatient and wants to shop it into one.

http://www.lithrael.com/berserk/278_06_wip2.jpg

It's about halfway done.. *sigh* Advice (on the bits that are not obviously under construction) is welcome.

CnC

Ad Oculos
some of the blood still strikes me as too bright. but thats minor. I'm lovin' the armor and smoke here. The shading on that armor is really killer.

Vaxillus

Proj2501 said:
Wow Lith...you make the rest of us look bad.
Since her first coloration.

Very awesome, I'm glad I'm not Guts in that pic. Proj is right, that peely skind on his arm is brutal.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Whoa, that looks great! The armor, arm and smoke especially caught my eye. I think the only place the blood looks a little too bright is on the Dragonslayer, but on Guts it looks a-ok. Love the subtle gradient on the sound effects, too.

Top Bottom