Lith's colors & tutorials

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Thanks, Grail, Rhombaad! Thanks Walter! <3

[quote author=Walter]Regarding the farmer colorization, I think the red glow across the horizon should recede the further away from the blaze it gets.[/quote]

Yeah.. I'm not real sure what is meant to be going on with the light, is the thing. The way I initially colored it, I thought the morning sun was providing most of the light, and that was getting diffused through the thick, smoke like clouds that are gathering. Mostly because the pages of the morning town don't look like it's actually dark. The lineart gave me the impression the clouds are about the same brightness over the whole horizon. I'll try it out as firelight fighting with sunlight and see how that looks. :guts:

By the middle of the episode it looks more like the clouds are stopping almost all of the sunlight, and most of the light is coming from the blaze on the ground. So that was a lot easier. I'll try one of the pages with Griff in next, I think. :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Both those touched up versions look fantastic. I actually never use any Berserk colorizations as wallpapers, but I'm tempted with those two. :guts:

AWESOME, everytime you get back to that farm scene it gets more and more gorgeous and Ganishka.... menacing. Thanks for sharing!

Lithrael

Thanks everyone! :serpico: Always a pleasure.

More fun with Ganishka. :D This whole thing came out way orange. I dunno. I tried to fix it and then it looked too green. I have come to the conclusion that I barely know wtf I am doing. Still cool though :D

297_18_02.jpg

The other top panel is way muddy, I got bored with it I'm afraid :void:
full page here:

http://www.lithrael.com/berserk/297_18.jpg

Lithrael

Thanks Jaze!

Ok. This is for 298 so it's a spoiler!
All I've got is a work in progress but this is kicking my ass so I'll be taking a break :miura:

298_20_wip_src.jpg

bigger at http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/298_20_wip.jpg

I rendered out the paints too just for fun.
thumb_298_20_wip_paint.jpg

http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/298_20_wip_paint.jpg

Oh yeah and after like a bajillion years, I got the ig gallery up again! So ya don't have to hunt the thread for my stuff. That's http://www.lithrael.com/ig/thumbnails.php?album=3&page=3.

(I still have the old user galleries, I'm working on getting em back up in the right places, aheh.)

Lithrael said:
Ok. This is for 298 so it's a spoiler!
All I've got is a work in progress but this is kicking my ass so I'll be taking a break :miura:

I can hardly wait for the finished picture. Zodd's looking real sexy if I may say so. I am curious why Locus is teal though? Isn't he supposed to be chrome/silver?

Lithrael

Thanks! and, yeah, he's gonna be not-teal, just be glad I turned Grunbeld off, he's hot pink right now.

X

Xem

:isidro: Awesome!

I was gonna note that Locus should be shiny, but it looks like you're working on it. I honestly thought the first picture to be colorized would've been the one when they first transform with Griffith as the centerpiece, but I like this one way better. Go Lith!

Lithrael

Thanks guys! Will do. I've just got to figure out how to color all these dudes. Hoosh! But I picked this one cause it was one of the busier spreads, where color could be played with more and would make it easier to read. The others were alredy utterly striking even in black and white. :puck:

Yeah Locus'll pretty much be last, so I can reflectey him up however the scene turns out.

Whoa! Really liking it all Lith! I just saw your August 19th posting TODAY! Omg, it's so, so goddamn well done. I cannot wait to see this recent episode's spread done up Lith-stylee.

And hoorah for the triumphant return of your gallery. It was SORELY missed miss!

Lithrael

Thanks guys!

As usual I haven't finished the previous one yet, but here's one of Grunbeld and the crew. It's not polished but I dunno when I'll get the chance. Feedback is welcome, I'd be glad to do something besides 'ORANGE!' if anyone has hints on offer.
06-07src.jpg

Full size:

http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/06-07c.jpg

And don't worry guys, I didn't forget about taking a Women of Skullknight 2009 pic, I just haven't had the chance yet. :carcus:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Wow, looks awesome, Lith. I don't see a problem with using that much orange, as Grunberd's illumination would probably drown out some of the nearby colors. That and all the flames from the burning Chibishkas around them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
As usual I haven't finished the previous one yet, but here's one of Grunbeld and the crew. It's not polished but I dunno when I'll get the chance. Feedback is welcome, I'd be glad to do something besides 'ORANGE!' if anyone has hints on offer.

The orange tone goes well with fire, so it seems logical to pick it. I guess you could try a redder color for Grunberd himself, but I'm not sure it'd look better than it does right now. Since corundum can be any color depending on the impurities it carries, Grunberd could theorically be any color, but in truth I have a hard time imagining him blue, green or purple.

Lithrael said:
And don't worry guys, I didn't forget about taking a Women of Skullknight 2009 pic, I just haven't had the chance yet. :carcus:

Well you can make it a surprise anyway. :guts:

As usual, amazing work. Lots of orange but what other choice do you have? It's fantastic!
Edit: IDK why, but I love the sole of the one apostles foot.

Great work! Very impressive indeed.

Even though most people seem to have imagined him to be orange, red or something close to that, I always thought he was blueish, kind of icy maybe. I know it really doesn't make sense with fire but that's what I thought. If you do have time to do something other than orange and you don't think my idea is too crazy I would really like to see it. :guts:

Lithrael

Thanks guys! :serpico:

m said:
I always thought he was blueish, kind of icy maybe. I know it really doesn't make sense with fire but that's what I thought. If you do have time to do something other than orange and you don't think my idea is too crazy I would really like to see it. :guts:

Icy huh? The way I set up my files I can try that out easy. :badbone:
Some kind of quote about asking and receiving...

http://www.lithrael.com/ig/albums/userpics/10001/06-07blue.jpg

Top Bottom