Lith's colors & tutorials

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
SK and Femto look particularly incredible, and the sword is amazing. The glow is perfect.

Knight said:
Your work is awesome, but it needs color garmony.
Sky, SK, Femto, Zodd and Ganishka looks like them were taken from different pictures, and stuck together.

Do you mean color "harmony"?

I'm not sure personally, I think I see what you mean, but I think there should be a fair amount of contrast since its 3 different textures; fur, bone, and demonhide, and they are being affected by different light sources.

I think as for tying all the images together, for me it would just be that I think Zodd should be casting more of a shadow on the part of Ganishka he is hulking over.

*gasp* Holy Gorsh! PHENOMENAL!!!!!

The dimensional slice, the color choice for the sky, the Beherit sword. All masterfully executed. You took a really challenging 2 page spread and made it look like child's play. Not in terms of just laying down the colors but actually dealing well with the exisisting line work that, IMO, was a real head scratcher in terms of adding color. (I'm sure you're following what I mean)

A big round of applause for you. I'm floored right now.

Do you mean color "harmony"?

I'm not sure personally, I think I see what you mean, but I think there should be a fair amount of contrast since its 3 different textures; fur, bone, and demonhide, and they are being affected by different light sources.

I think as for tying all the images together, for me it would just be that I think Zodd should be casting more of a shadow on the part of Ganishka he is hulking over.

If we have red sky, it must be red light on all objects in picture. Or sky isn't red? Probably its dark, and white lighting shining Ganishka.
Or it is sword?)) Zodd isnt so ultimate brown, possible color of Femto and Ganishka is the same but Ganishka's darker, because of second plan.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Aw Proj, you'll make me blush! :slan:

Thanks Knight & Serpico, good crit, know what you mean. I'll see what I can do about these issues. :guts:

Lithrael

Just a preview of another work in progress. Still working on a new draft of Skully's big spread as well. :guts:

1617wip.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting color choice for the hydra, I never even considered it could be red (thought of it more in typical green-brown snake colors I guess). Looks pretty good though, I'm expecting the finished work! :guts:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Looks good!

Those Hydra pictures have a lot of potential for creative thought bubbles or added dialog. The expressions on their faces are priceless when looking at the unicorns.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Damn you're unpredictable, Lith, what with your red hydras and all. Looks great so far, can't wait to see the finished product! :serpico:

Lithrael

ok, here we go with some new stuff on imageshack.

First up: unicorn draft is done!
1617rofl.jpg

ok, ok, I'm kidding. :troll: Here are your real choices as clickable thumbnails, with light and dark versions, the better to handle your monitor's color profile, my dear. And quick color washes for the 'from spaec!!!' pages.

yeeey :guts:

Lithrael

Thanks Death! I've been enjoying your sharpie stuff too, good experiments. The last few with the swords have got nice and stylish. :serpico:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Man, those are fucking awesome Lithrael! I couldn't pick which one I liked the best, so I saved all of them.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Amazing, really makes those planet shots all the more epic. And you just had to give us multiple versions of the Hydra :azan: Now I'll sit here for an hour trying to pic one for my wallpaper

I really like the different colors you used for the hydra especially love the red and purple, the color you put into the planet looks amazing as well great work Lithrael :casca:

Wow. First off. Keep the Hydras green with teal underbellys, IMO. (Cuz that's the color I was making them!) :mozgus:
You even handled the grass the EXACT same way I did. This is so awesome to see because it's SO very close to how I was handling it. Great minds lady! ;) I feel like I got into the DeLorean.

The red hydras are fun but, and I hate to say this, the green are more believable. :ganishka:

This is precisely how I pictured this spread looking if it were to be colored. MUY BUENO!

The 'world' pages are simply perfectly executed.

I'll get you next time Lith...next tiiime.

Lithrael

Thanks guys! :guts: I'm glad you like em!

Proj! Noes! Didn't mean to scoop you. :griffnotevil: And your dragon is fucking gorgeous.

I did a quickie from 306 as well (light n dark versions)..

And another color wash, didn't end up looking like much but whatever, I uploaded it :casca:

Working on a few others as well.

Lol. Aint no thang. Yours came out better anyways. :slan:

The link for Void's close up doesn't seem to work. :???:

But the light version of the Ganishka-Tree O' Light is simple but very powerful. Lovin' it!

Top Bottom