Lith's colors & tutorials

Fantastic detail, though in the hydra unicorn shots I could use some shadow or darkening of the grass.
Also, I humbly beg you to paint the wicked awesome dragon on pages 004-005. <3

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
deathbybears said:
Fantastic detail, though in the hydra unicorn shots I could use some shadow or darkening of the grass.
Also, I humbly beg you to paint the wicked awesome dragon on pages 004-005. <3

You mean the one Proj did right here?

:guts: Thanks guys! Yeah, I do need a little something with the grass yet.

Meantime, another from 306! Light & dark again as well.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Wow, the light Hydra colorations are so beautiful that they evoked an "aww" in my head. Given the context of the image, thats an impressive response to be able to get. I like the middle dark one though as far as making the hydra look evil.

New color looks good too. I like the lighter one. I think a pattern of light breaking through leaves would be a good touch if you haven't finished with it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
slan69 said:
Dont you mean Lithrael :troll: Nice colors on the 2 children and the fairy, I really like the lighter color's you used on it

Wow I'm so sorry. I must have been really tired or something. Yea Lith amazing work.

Hi Lith... may I ask wat happen to the links to ur works album? I wish to refer to the old painted works u done in the past but the link happens to be dead...

Lithrael

Smith said:
Hi Lith... may I ask wat happen to the links to ur works album? I wish to refer to the old painted works u done in the past but the link happens to be dead...

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. My webhosts are fucktards and if I don't constantly yell at them my site is usually down. I'm planning to put everything back up as soon as I can, but I'm kind of poor at the moment so it's been back-burnered till I can deal with it.

And thanks guys for the comments on the elf pic! I like the idea of adding leafy dappled shade to it, I'll see if I can figure out how.

oh ok.. Er I do hv a small favour to ask though... is it possible for you to upload full size your previous beast artwork

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gattberserk/Beast.jpg

cos I hv problem enlarging and uploading at the same time... :judo:

Love how you did the grass (I guess you made a custom grass brush?) It looks lush and really flows seamlessly, even with the pen-work to show the grass overtop it. Honestly, I wouldn't have figured it would work out. I definitely like the darker versions too (though the lighter version for the children one gives it a pleasant storybook type of vibe to it). You've got some really great stuff here, Lith! :beast:

Lithrael

Thanks Spiney! I feel like the grass needs some work, as others have pointed out, to get the hydra and unicorns' presence to affect it. It's one of those things that isn't obviously missing but if it's there it makes the work feel more solid and grounded. It's actually just the default photoshop grass brush, I used it carefully is all, small brush size in the back, with larger and differently colored brushes as you come forward. It's nowhere near as good as if I painted it properly, but it's a ton better than an untextured grade. :guts:

And Smith, sure thing, I'll upload the Chained Beast pic as soon as I can find my full res copy, though I'm away from home right now. Say, does anybody here happen to have it handy on their machine? Posted! This imageshack link should take you to all the stuff I've uploaded there: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/lithrael/images

Great job Lith!

A long time has passed since I saw your last job, you've improved again and again!

I like the idea with the red hydras, more contrast than with the green. :D The last characters' faces are perfect...as I do the same... <dreaming>

Lithrael said:
Aw thanks guys! And yeah, Bears, I had trouble with the ears. :sad: I guess I need to find some reference or something.

Anyhows, here's the latest and by far greatest draft of page six from episode 278.

omg I'm losing my words! This one is my favorite by far! The colors choice is not my thought but damn gooooood! CONGRATULATIONS!

Lithrael

Thanks Drakull. :serpico:

Got three variants of Slan's love tunnel today:

Enjoy! :slan: Ideas welcome, this is another file set up for easy permutations.

Currently dreaming about potential 407 colors. :rakshas:

Wow, I can't believe I just visited this thread now, what was I losing!!!
Lith, your work is simply amazing :isidro: I'm having a hard time choosing my wallpaper now :???:
Jeez, I wish I could paint like that :puck::)

Lithrael said:
This imageshack link should take you to all the stuff I've uploaded there: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/lithrael/images
The oldest stuff's not there, are you going to upload them as well?

And, again, wow.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Really fantastic job Lith! I'm enjoying looking through your work. Really a treat to see some of my favorite pages rendered out in full color.

Lithrael

Thanks guys! :serpico: Aww, you rock. Yes I'm planning to put the older colors back up eventually, as soon as I find all the relevant stuff basically.

Oooh new Serpy emote! I love it!

Today I gots a page from Falconia! I am having a crap time with the color choices though so any help is appreciated. And I numbered it wrong, doh.

And a preview from the ocean...

30809src.jpg

And since I never show you guys my other stuff lately here's a final draft of Susumu Hirasawa:

This is a paintover so there's not as much art to it as it looks like there is, but it's kinda relaxing to me. :iva:

Top Bottom