Lith's colors & tutorials

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
A billion years later and still all I have is a work in progress. :sad: Ah well. Advice welcomed! What color should our dear possibly-departed sea beastie be? How bout the soldiers' uniforms? And what kind of lighting (I should try to use LIGHTING, lol)?

And anyone got a preference for a page I should tackle from 310?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Looking good, Lith. I like the aqua blue that you're using for the ghost ship creature, so I wouldn't change that too much or at least try to go with similar colors. As for the soldiers, I think red and yellow would look kind of cool mixed in with the silver armor. As for tackling a page from 310, I'd love to see a colored picture of the one I'm using for my avatar (ulterior motive: to replace current scan with colored picture). :guts:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Awesome! Your colors are always very close to what I imagine them to be in my head. I might add some more specular to the beast; By that I mean extreme highlights, the thing just erupted from the water and it's going to be almost pure white where the water is dripping off. : ) I Love your work. Keep it up!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
What color should our dear possibly-departed sea beastie be?

From green/brown to grey to red/orange, like a real octopus. You've got the choice. :slan:

Lithrael said:
How bout the soldiers' uniforms?

Check out traditional conquistadores costumes. :iva:

Lithrael

thx Slan, Grail; glad you like it Rhombaad. :serpico:

Quick one while avoiding work this morning: Captain of the Shark Rider/s! :rakshas:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Lith, I don't know if you plan on coloring anything from the latest episode, but if you do, may I request the colorization of the panel where Schierke squirts water out her nose onto Isidro's face? It's hilarious and cute.

turkitage

ターク
lithrael, you should color your own icon!
I love your casca icon btw - it's so cute! and depressing at the same time = [ poor casca and her memories..

X

Xem

turkitage said:
lithrael, you should color your own icon!
I love your casca icon btw - it's so cute! and depressing at the same time = [ poor casca and her memories..

Seconded.

Lithrael

Aws. Sure, I'll add those to my potential colors. :serpico:

Meantime, Death May Die and a few other colorists have inspired me to finally do a new photoshop tutorial. Sadly I didn't get too far tonight but to tide anyone over till I can get the rest up, here's a sample photoshop file (in progress) showing how I set up my colors lately. Right click n download.

http://www.lithrael.com/berserk/312_16_attack_draft.psd

It uses groups and clipping layers; most versions of photoshop should support them.

ETA: Tutorial now up! Right over here.

Lithrael

Awww I know I been slacking when I get a 100 days zombie thread warning when I post.

Anyway FINALLY finished those sea monsters!

And I realised I never actually put a link for the Scheirke Tentacles in this thread, so here's that.

Whoooo.... hurry up June 25! I wanna see 313! :beast:

Please Lith! Color with CnC and Proj and Raffiki and the rest of those amazing guys here in the forum the whole Berserk universum, i would totally love that! :puck:

Lithrael

Thanks guys! Just for the hell of it I did the rest of that page with Schierke (Ismaboobies!)

Not happy with the bottom left panel but not sure how to fix it.. Ah well at least the boobies were fun :carcus:

Top Bottom