Lith's colors & tutorials

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
This is great, Lith. I was hoping someone would color Chich. Sweet Alison looks dead on and I like that you kept them white. I think it keeps her simple, which works with her design and her character.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
Thanks guys! :serpico:

Here's a little one from 339. Not too big so I guess I'll just inline it full size. The flowers reminded me of Sweet Alison, which comes in a ton of colors but most usually white as a wildflower so that's what I went with here.
http://www.guenther-blaich.de/pflseite.php?par=Lobularia+maritima
Very nice, Lith. What a cutie she is :casca:

I think I'll add that for her character entry in the Encyclopedia, as long as you're okay with it. Thanks so much for looking up the genus of the flower! I was curious myself, but never took the time to look it up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice one, Lith. I think puella's going to use it as her avatar, if that's Ok with you. :void:

Grail said:
peridot green

Man, I think it's been about 15 years since I last saw that word. :ganishka:

Bravo Lith, very well done!! :ubik:

Though rather than being completely green, from seeing her the first time I kinda imagined Chich's hair being blonde (especially around the roots), fading into green the further away it goes. But great work nevertheless :guts:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Thanks for the compliments folks! :carcus:
Rodrigo, I like that idea! Gave it a shot, think it does look nice.

berserkch329p033chich.jpg

As for use in avatar/encyclopedia, of course, please do. :slan:

And cause I am OCD, here's a link to one with the blonde hair but with the same dark background as the first one since I can't decide which I like better. http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2716/berserkch329p033b.jpg

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
WAAAHHHHH poor li'l thing! Very lively color there, Lith. Nice and springy. I like the little bit of blonde in there. Reminds me of blades of grass.

Lithrael

Man it's been a while! I've been puttering a little bit. Right now I'm working on a few colors inspired by the TCG. I've got Grunbeld almost finished, but just since I haven't posted anything in yonks, here, have this Lisa Frank abomination that is Amethyst Grunbeld :troll:

Oh, and I remember someone figured out exactly what flower Chich is, but I can't seem to find the post now - does anyone remember or have a link?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Only a true badass can pull off Trapper Keeper Lisa Frank's Hot Pink. :daiba:

As for the flower, Aaz correctly identified it after Volume 37 spelled it out in the liner notes: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13547.msg220631#msg220631

"And it turns out it's a "Shepherd's purse" (薺), the formal name of which is Capsella bursa-pastoris. "

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, very cool as usual, Lith! The Lisa Frank reference went right over my head for a minute there, and then I realized that I had a bunch of folders with her designs... Simpler times. :ganishka: For the record, I'm down with a purple Grunbeld. :troll:

Anyway, it's always great to see new work from you!

Lithrael

ONE YEAR LATER!!! Thanks you guys. <3

OK, my gallery died again a little while ago when the raid array it was on violently exploded, but I've just got it mostly working again (lithrael.com/ig) AND uploaded a couple new colors!

First I revised an old color of Grunbeld's group of great big apostles stomping on burnt Ganishka gore flower monsters:

And here's a new one, the Merrows rescuing Guts. I ended up with two versions and I can't seem to decide which I like better.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Those look great. Can't decide either for the merrows, I like both treatments. Not much help, I know. :iva:

Love the colors for Grunbeld's group, Miura's attention to detail is fantastic. I like the right merrow colors because it's warmer/ less crisp looking ... maybe accounting for sea water around the Sea God not being as clear.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! That Grunbeld piece is striking. The color tone is what does it. You picked the darkest, most fiery colors across that full spectrum.

Similar to Aaz, I don't have a preference on the merrow coloring. There are aspects I like of each iteration. The darker the better though, I think. Given the light source in that scene.

Lithrael

Thanks guys! Yeah, I had a lot of fun digging back into Grunbeld. It's a really dense scene and I was so happy when it started looking like I imagined it sounding. The glowing embers really made it pop.

You guys are right about the darker one being in better continuity with the story and tone. I think I like the lighter one better on its own, but it's more sort of the Weeki Wachee Springs version.

weeki-wachee-springs_mermaid-kissing-turtle.jpg

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
Great job Lithrael , the Grunbeld and Co. coloring is already my wallpaper. :)
I really like how the fire stirs up ! The shading is perfect !

As for the Mermaid one , the darker version is in my opinion more fitting for the scene.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Lith, you gotta rename this thread "McDonalds," cause I'm loving it. :carcus: I actually hadn't thought much about the merrows' possible hair colors or how their bodies transitions from one half to the other. I like your approach in both cases!

Top Bottom