Anime Vol. 6

thorshammer

I'm a llama!
Just saw the Berserk anime series(minus vol.5-Blockbuster didn't have it) and am now a big fan. What a great series. Unfortunately the ending left me with a few questions. 1) How did Guts escape Hell? 2) Is Kozka(sp?) still alive?

This comes up from new people quiet alot.

Find the Berserk manga and read it! It covers the explanation on how he survived, and what he does from there on out.
From volume 3 to 13 it tells Guts's life in the hawks up until the moment of the eclipse you speak of in more depth, then from volume 13 to now (chapters half way through volume 28) it continues his life as the black swordsman that was never shown and it only gets better.

Anyway for 1) A powerful being called Skull knight that wasn't in the anime (ergo skullknight.net) rescues him after he was fighting desperately to survive, but very close to death.

2) I have never heard of Caska's name pronounced "Kozka" before, but she does survive after being gang raped by numerious apostles and Griffith only to wake up insane from then on out and not even able to recognise even Guts anymore.

Anyway find the manga and read it as soon as possible, anyone here would say the same thing. If you are thinking we are all here because of the anime you are sadly mistaken.

thorshammer

I'm a llama!
Sounds great. I never heard of it until the anime and was very impressed. The story got very intriguing in the middle and by the end I was hooked.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I too was introduced via the Anime to Berserk, and was completely pissed off when it ended. The manga will answer all your questions, and is a hell of a lot better. The characters are portrayed a little differently in the anime due to the time constraints.

Even in the anime, lots of it were being censored... There were suppose to be 4 other characters but was not mention... They are Puck, SK, Silatt, Wild

See the manga yourself you will know better

Yea the manga kicks the anime's ass, but the anime is pretty kick ass in itself. You have got to see the fifth disc though, I thought it was the best episodes of the whole series...

um Yea the anime left out quite a bit of characters and the like. They also never discussed Donovan and that whole part of Gutts' past. The manga fills in a lot of wholes and answers a plethora of questions. Its a must read. ;D

thorshammer

I'm a llama!
The story is so solid, I thought the anime was great. War of Lodoss was good, but not this good. Reign was good, but again, not as good as Berserk. I'm trying to find the Magna around here, but may have to buy it online(two comic book stores and neither carries it!).

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
thorshammer said:
The story is so solid, I thought the anime was great. War of Lodoss was good, but not this good. Reign was good, but again, not as good as Berserk. I'm trying to find the Magna around here, but may have to buy it online(two comic book stores and neither carries it!).
Thats why this site was created, the manga is Japanese, and here we have the text translations of the manga. you can buy it here: http://www.sasugabooks.com

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
thorshammer said:
I read volume 1 and loved it, except for tinkerbell. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.
Puck, and he's more important to the story than you are to this board.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I read volume 1 and loved it, except for tinkerbell. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.

Puck's comic relief is essential to allowing a contrast in the overall mood while Gutts is out slaughtering apostles, otherwise it would just be gloom gloom gloom all the time and lose some of it's edge.

I think Puck's a great character, and he doesn't ever really overwhelm the pace of the story, especially when new characters join Gutts on his quest.

I'm Canadian and the manga is incredibly hard to find. I only actually own Vol. 1. You can find the rest via alternate sources. Kazaa has a large collection of the Berserk manga, although, the file sizes are rediculously large. Also, some websites host several chapters of the Berserk manga at a time.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Exosus said:
I'm Canadian and the manga is incredibly hard to find. I only actually own Vol. 1. You can find the rest via alternate sources. Kazaa has a large collection of the Berserk manga, although, the file sizes are rediculously large. Also, some websites host several chapters of the Berserk manga at a time.

So, we've got someone who's actually willing to pay for Berserk here on the Internet; amazing, and you're advice is kazaa? Fuck you.

ANIMAXIS.COM

SASUGABOOKS.COM

Is everyone retarded!? You send them money, they send you what you ordered. Berserk is available like this anywhere on the fucking planet.

-Griffith

P.S. "Berserk's hard to find."

Eat shit and die.

B

Beave

thorshammer said:
I would hope so, but find him annoying, like my foot up your rear....

hahahahaha...... ::sigh::

You guys have waaaaaayyyyy too much shit up your asses!! ::chuckle::

I say kudos to thorshammer for actually having the ability to, seemingly, be able to think critically, and for having the guts to actualy make a comment against the grain. Why is it that if anyone finds something not quite up to snuff with Miura's storytelling everyone else finds this to be sacrilege? I love Berserk too, but it doesn't mean I don't read it with a critical eye, or that I like all the decisions Miura makes.

Hello-- people-- thinking critically, disagreeing with an author about a few of their decisions, etc. that is what respect for an author stems from, not from blind worship.

Personally, I think that Puck, in the earlier volumes, is really beside the point as well. He's not as funny as he gets in the later issues, and he doesn't really have any sort of real relationship with Guts.... he just flies around and makes commentary and unfunny asides. Now, later on, he begins to relate to people, and, IMO, actually gets funny. I see the point of saying that Puck's purpose is to provide a comic balance versus Guts' angst, but in the earlier volumes I think Miura fails at this.

As for Griffith, he's always so grumpy. Always yelling at people, and telling them to die, and that their stupid and should shut the fuck up.....

Perhaps it's constipation Griffith?? ;)

You guys need to relax and allow for conversations where people actually disagree.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I'm not a fan boy so I don't find it to be sacrilege, nor do I find that comment to be really "against the grain", actually I find that comparison rather laughable. As well as keyboard commando stuff like "I'll put my foot up your ass".

Save that for the pencil-necks that obsess over this sort of stuff, as I am not one of them.

Griffith

Beave said:
As for Griffith, he's always so grumpy. Always yelling at people, and telling them to die, and that their stupid and should shut the fuck up.....

Perhaps it's constipation Griffith?? ;)

You guys need to relax and allow for conversations where people actually disagree.

Nah, I don't think we'll be doing that.

Oh, by the way, you forgot to mention my love of deleting accounts. To those that are proud of how simple, easygoing, and dense they are: beware.

-Griffith

P.S. It's sad to see Puck's role and purpose so misunderstood in those early volumes. If people fail to appreciate something and they don't want to try, they probably shouldn't speak to those that do with an air of authority.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
It's sad to see Puck's role and purpose so misunderstood in those early volumes. If people fail to appreciate something and they don't want to try, they probably shouldn't speak to those that do with an air of authority.

Considering this kind of people mostly read the manga through scanlations where half of Puck's lines are missing, I'm not really surprised.

Not to mention that the subtle/interesting part of his speech is always lost in the translation anyway.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Considering this kind of people mostly read the manga through scanlations where half of Puck's lines are missing, I'm not really surprised.

Not to mention that the subtle/interesting part of his speech is always lost in the translation anyway.

It's not suprising, but there's really no excuse. Puck's importance and role as a foil are in such broad strokes, essentional to the gears that move the story, that you'd have to be blind not to see it in motion (or, deaf and dumb as the case may be =).

But, maybe you're right, and beavey up there would have been helped by the subtlties. You know, maybe that's why he thought all those wacky one-liners Puck threw out in volumes 1-3 were so unfunny. That Puck, all he did was tell jokes apparently, and not good ones according to the beaver. Geez, as a matter of fact, you could even say Puck was a downer he was so unfunny and critical of Guts' actions! He didn't even go into his trademark super-deformed style; weak sauce! I have to say, Miura blew some serious comic opportunities there, I'll write him a letter explaining storytelling to him.

-Griffith

P.S. BTW, if you read this beavis, I was being sarcastic. Just don't want you to think I lack a sense of humor.

thorshammer said:
I read volume 1 and loved it, except for tinkerbell.

I have personally gotten used to him myself, at least in the earlier volumes, though I find him too much in the later issues.

Rest assured unlike some here just because I got used to him, I blame no one for not likeing him, jeez he isn't fucking Guts or Griffith.

Griffith

Sparnage said:
Rest assured unlike some here just because I got used to him, I blame no one for not likeing him, jeez he isn't fucking Guts or Griffith.

Nobody has to like him, but they shouldn't diminish his importance because they are lazy readers only looking for shiny objects and red stuff. ;)

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Nobody has to like him, but they shouldn't diminish his importance because they are lazy readers only looking for shiny objects and red stuff. ;)

-Griffith

I won't argue with that, but there still times where I would think certain people here would say if someone questions Pucks more consistent comic relief role in the later volumes as a bother people here would say "hey I think he is a great character and changed for the best to keep the manga lighter", whereas if he was more serious like in the first few volumes and someone said he should have more funny moments the same people would be arguing saying "no, he is fine as he is" because it is so.

Thats the idea I get sometimes anyway.

Top Bottom