Anime Vol. 6

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, my view is, his role expanded and became more comical in later volumes as the series overall got darker, though this was in addition to the dramatic function he always performed. And with the introduction of new characters, his role overall has dimished and he's evolved mostly into a comic character; though he still has his poignant moments.

-Griffith

I guess I hadn't thought seen it like that but it's true, his character became more comical as the series got more disturbing. Prehaps this was Miura's way of having dark and comical balance out in comparison to the Hawk era and such. Then again the first Black swordsman part though not quiet as dark as when his origins are discovered.

I would still prefer it to just become darker without the need for more comic relief, to me the story would be able to hit the reader on a more dramatic level and the rare but funny humour always worked. Trying to keep the Berserk atmosphere level in some ways (if that makes sense) is probably a safe bet to play for Miura.

I wasn't trying to talk him out of buying Berserk. At all.

I would purchase it all if I could, but the problem is availability. You said the internet, but you don't seem to realize that not everyone can order things off of the internet. There is one place in this city that sells manga and I go snooping through there whenever I have money.

I was getting at the fact that if he really wanted to read the mange, but couldn't find it, there are other resources.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
to me, a puckless berserk would be like taking Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer and getting rid of any of the funny parts. Puck's there, it's Mirua's art not Anime works', shit happens and you deal with it.

P.S: Exosus, you may get in deeper the more you deem on the subject,espesially when it's with one of the big 3(Wally, Griffith, and Olivier). Just let it drop...

Top Bottom