Skull Knight's Beherit Sword

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Skull Knight's ability to create a sword that cuts through space time, seemed to be a little over the top for his character at the time.

Do the behelits lose their "charge" or whatever you want to call it when the apostle is killed or what? It would seem that in order to create that kind of a sword they would have to retain some sort of power, and if he were able to convert that into a weapon, his power level would be even closer to that of GH.

It's like Skull Knight is super powerful but his curse doesn't allow him to interfere entirely with the "destiny" of Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
Skull Knight's ability to create a sword that cuts through space time, seemed to be a little over the top for his character at the time.

Why? It's not like he pulls it out every monday...

KazigluBey said:
Do the Beherits lose their "charge" or whatever you want to call it when the apostle is killed or what? It would seem that in order to create that kind of a sword they would have to retain some sort of power, and if he were able to convert that into a weapon, his power level would be even closer to that of GH.

Well, what would be the point of making it if their power didn't remain after an apostle is killed? And you should remember that beherits are independent beings, they're not linked to one apostle or something like that, Guts' beherit for example didn't lose any charge or whatever after the Snail Count died.

KazigluBey said:
It's like Skull Knight is super powerful but his curse doesn't allow him to interfere entirely with the "destiny" of Guts.

What curse ? And he's quite powerful as far as we know yeah.

By the way, how is saving someone from death on multiple times not interfering "entirely"?

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
To be able to cut through space time isn't just some parlor trick IMO, nor is the ability to bend the behilit's to your own will and create a weapon from them.

Seeing as how the Skull Knight stood toe to toe with Zodd in his "beast" form and bested him (though didn't kill him), I'm assuming that he's more powerful overall than Guts, he could just easily go around killing off all the enemies Guts runs into before any real problems occur. That would be interfering entirely, he does help him out of some jams of course.

I would assume that he's cursed because he was once a human and now is walking entity (hollow on the inside) with a skull for a head, I don't think he sees this fate as some great blessing. Of course we don't know much about his past yet, but seeing as he's been around for 1,000 years, which would mean he saw the eclipse that happened way back then, I think that his current condition is tied in with that event. Then there's the thing he mentioned to Guts about how he and Flora were just like Guts and the witch girl are now.

Of course this is just my take on things, and by no means am I pretending to be an expert, because I'm far from it, so if my logic is skewed please correct me.

KazigluBey said:

I assumed the reason a sword made from Behelit's are able to cut through space time is because a Behelit is a thing that was able to change reality and make a gateway between the normal world and the nexus, so if you think about it like that it seemes not much more farfetched than the concept already was.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
To be able to cut through space time isn't just some parlor trick IMO, nor is the ability to bend the Beherit's to your own will and create a weapon from them.

It's not meant to be a parlor trick anyway, but I don't see what that adds to the point. SK has always been considered "very" powerful since his first appearance.

KazigluBey said:
I'm assuming that he's more powerful overall than Guts, he could just easily go around killing off all the enemies Guts runs into before any real problems occur. That would be interfering entirely, he does help him out of some jams of course.

Because he's more powerful than Guts (which is quite obvious) doesn't mean he should kill all of his enemies in advance to save him the trouble... Then how about taking him on his horse to save him some travelling time too?

He's got some other, mysteriously cool things to do ;). And it would ruin the story.

KazigluBey said:
I would assume that he's cursed because he was once a human and now is walking entity (hollow on the inside) with a skull for a head, I don't think he sees this fate as some great blessing.

Well, we don't really know much about this anyway, but his actual condition isn't necessarily the result of a curse (unlike Guts' condition), and most importantly I don't see how it would prevent him to interfere with Guts.

KazigluBey said:
I'm assuming that he's more powerful overall than Guts, he could just easily go around killing off all the enemies Guts runs into before any real problems occur.

Well he could of course, but by doing that would "pampered" Guts too much, if he need an ally to fight against GH, he need a strong one that why he is leaving all the ordinary apostle for Guts (but not for those very powerful ones like GH, so far we know he is always present if GH appear too)... it is to build and train him up, both in physical and mental...

If SK had kill all those monsters before Guts did, do you think he will be as powerful as he is now, Dun forget his DS is so powerful because of all the monster he had slain in the past 2 years

And of course he might have more important things to do other than keep helping Guts

I believe that SK had only reasoned to use Gutts as a tool at the beginning, when in volume 10 he confronts Gutts. But after Gutts survives the eclipse, and gets a little elf friend, he sees his destiny is far more important than it was, and starts to help Gutts along (such as asking a favor of Flora).

Still, during those 2 years of wandering, I believe SK was using Gutts to get closer to the GH, and by doing so get another chance at killing Void, such as collecting all the behelits the apostles left behind (and as he was there when Slan appeared in the Troll cave, although that was after the 2 years...).

initialdproject

I'm stalking you....
KazigluBey said:

Do the behelits lose their "charge" or whatever you want to call it when the apostle is killed or what? It would seem that in order to create that kind of a sword they would have to retain some sort of power, and if he were able to convert that into a weapon, his power level would be even closer to that of GH.

I do underd stand how thinking about spce time cutting can seem all powerfull. But I think there is some downsides, right now I think of skullys power as somthing I saw from a Bebop episode. Skully cuts though space and this other dimension is a path to the intended destination. It's like insteed of traveling along a extendend string the portal takes the ends of the string and puts them togather. That way time and space is transended. Then again it would have to somhow fit in with the nexus.

About Skully and Gats relationship, I belive what yota said is right.

initialdproject said:
I do underd stand how thinking about spce time cutting can seem all powerfull. But I think there is some downsides, right now I think of skullys power as somthing I saw from a Bebop episode. Skully cuts though space and this other dimension is a path to the intended destination. It's like insteed of traveling along a extendend string the portal takes the ends of the string and puts them togather. That way time and space is transended. Then again it would have to somhow fit in with the nexus.
Sounds like the wormhole theory.

Z

ZeroGraveVII

Or maybe skullknight is not immortal as one believes to be.
Perhaps he knows that he is going to die eventually, and he is laying the ground work, for guts.
That is why, he is always around important moments.
Maybe guts will inherit skully sword and maybe he will absorb or sacrifice skully to become an apostle and gain more power.
Or maybe he is just keep on guts/.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ZeroGraveVII said:
Perhaps he knows that he is going to die eventually, and he is laying the ground work, for guts.
Maybe guts will inherit skully sword and maybe he will absorb or sacrifice skully to become an apostle and gain more power.
Or maybe he just knows a good ally when he sees one.

ZeroGraveVII said:

Skully and Guts seem to have gone through alot of the samethings, so Skully could just be trying to guide him along a similar path

Z

ZeroGraveVII

Like, I said. Its just a theory.
Who Knows maybe im right, in the end.

Like I believe someone said before, I believe Skully's trying to make Guts stronger, show him the ropes, etc. And when the time comes, they will team up together to fight the GH.

Top Bottom