Episode 242

04v12

Title: Ocean Noise.​

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That is a cool new stylistic turn for the Beast armor. Reminds me of Marvel Masterpieces series two. ;D

Hey, whoa, I'm a nerd!

-Griffith

P.S. I hope nobody was insulted that I compared Miura's art to that of lesser cartoons.

The beast look weird from the front... Nevertheless it is solid

(Too bad the preview only show the very first page on the next chapter)

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I bet the kid* plays a large role in bringing Guts back from the Beast, though perhaps not until 243 or 244, depending on how long this fight lasts.

*Damn I hope he gets named soon. It just seems strange to call him the kid or what have you.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Looks mint! Maybe Guts'll slay that damn thing and we can move on with the story :p

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Awsome, looks like finishing stance of a Ken-to-shodo Bushido strike. Very nice, and although I'm really looking forward to Guts making fish sticks out of the Makara, I too would like to see the story move on (hopefully to the Port).

Anyway thanks for the preview asmer, its just enough to whet my appetite for the next Chapter. ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Like usual it is very likely that it is one of the very first pages of the issue. Since Guts seems to have the upper hand it is very probable that the bulk of the issue will not be about the fight with the makara.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
They're a distraction... they're in the way... they're fresh meat... what did the beast do last time Guts saw Caska naked without anyone to tell him to stop?

The beast's Friend/Foe list goes like this:
Foes
1. Griffith
2. Things associated with griffith
3. Things trying to kill me
4. Things holding me back
5. Friends
6. Guts

Friends
1. Armor
2. Dragonslayer
3. prostetic arm
4. crossbow
5. throwing knives
?. Rickert

roberto999 said:
Since Guts seems to have the upper hand it is very probable that the bulk of the issue will not be about the fight with the makara.

Yeah, since the title is known as Sea Noise i speculate it may have something to do with the priest (who control the makara) casting some magic and making use of the sea (more likely waves) to destroy them?

Not very sure either :p

Demented Swordsman said:
Wonder what the beast would do to the rest of the group before Guts' sanity returns(assuming it does)

It is weird that Guts doesnt attack his own group, it look like he does preserved some sanity...

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
technically the beast must not like the throwing knives & such cause they came off when the armor took over. ;)

also, does puck fall into one of those or is he back to the 'bug' category?

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Smith said:
Not very sure either :pIt is weird that Guts doesnt attack his own group, it look like he does preserved some sanity...
Welp, so long as they don't provoke it, I guess they've got themselves a wild pet wolf

Sparnage said:
Why are you considering Rickert to be on the list?
He's the one who built parts of his equipment. And he will probably, if he ever shows up again, replace Godot for maintaining Guts' Weapons.

I

Italian_demon

Hello,

about Skully and his armur, i've noticed that the armor has signs of Roses (so plantes), same for handle of his Sword that seems almost born from the transformation of a rose's plant, seems born or powered by a kind of Power that could come from an entity like Flora (sorry for my English but i don't know how to say this properly, i hope you can get it anyway...).
Well this makes me feel like Flora had a great role in the creation of the Armur and probably of what Skully and his horse are now!

;)

Italian_demon said:
Hello,

Well this makes me feel like Flora had a great role in the creation of the Armur and probably of what Skully and his horse are now!

;)

That wasn't completely random and off-topic. What brought on this revelation? The fountain of blood spewing out of a hole in the monster's face, or Guts' reflective, contemplative pose?

You should post your speculative opinions in the proper threads.

looking good, the fighting will continue which is good, i think this chapter will end with a huge ass suprise...i mean this monter thing isn't the end of thigs as we all know, some one will show up for sure....

Berserker Rage

Struggling on and on...
I figure there'll be a bit more choppy an they'll be on thier way again. I would like to see Guts turn on his companions for a brief momment though and as someone stated earlyer get 'turned back' by the stare from the kid.

Doubt it'll happen though, so far nothing, NOTHING has broken Guts's love fer Caska and while he may hurt her involintarily i dont think the beast could ever push him as far as to raise a weapon on her.

Oh yeah, hi by the way. I've been a lurker here for manys the day, just never got around ta actualy registering and makeing any kind o' a contribution.... Till now of course.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Going back to the priest controlling the makara for just a minute: If Schierke knows he's out there, will the group try to take action against him? Or am I thinking two chapters ahead already?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Herald of Yama said:
Going back to the priest controlling the makara for just a minute: If Schierke knows he's out there, will the group try to take action against him? Or am I thinking two chapters ahead already?

They're too far out to attack. So, I guess we'll fnd out if the Beast can swim or not, if he doesn't turn on the group, run off, get cured, or the boat comes in to shore to start more shit. Whatever. =)

-Griffith

Top Bottom