Episode 242

Sparnage said:
I dont know what brought that up but we can only assume Serpico can take long leaps or glide.

Yeah, but the priest may be at the other side of the globe for all we know

Lliugusamui

around the corner
"For all we know"...

from saiki's translation
"Scherkie - The ones who are controlling it....
Scherkie - On the ocean
Scherkie - No...it's too far"

It only means they're out of reach, at least that's what she's thinking and she could underestimate the progresses made by Serpico(or even Guts).
Anyway, as for I, I think if she said this, this is for a good reason and then no matter how far the priests may be, we have to understand the group will be forced to flee the familiars summoned, and therefore the place(why not directly towards Viritanis ? thats a guess)

Guil

nir085

Horse and Armor
Kyosuke said:
Awsome, looks like finishing stance of a Ken-to-shodo Bushido strike. Very nice, and although I'm really looking forward to Guts making fish sticks out of the Makara, I too would like to see the story move on (hopefully to the Port).

Anyway thanks for the preview asmer, its just enough to whet my appetite for the next Chapter. ;D
Me too. The action in the last couple of chapters has been great and all, but I think it's about time for plot hints to be stopped for now and some plot answers to be revealed. Maybe I'm just an impatient bastard after seeing evidence that Ganishka is the one who might be attacking Guts?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
nir085 said:
Me too. The action in the last couple of chapters has been great and all, but I think it's about time for plot hints to be stopped for now and some plot answers to be revealed. Maybe I'm just an impatient bastard after seeing evidence that Ganishka is the one who might be attacking Guts?

Yes, you are. That's like the third post acting as if what's going on now isn't actually plot development because it's action. It's also the ugly side effect of getting Berserk, chapter by chapter, with a preview between every chapter, and summary before the chapters even released every week.

Guts sucumbing further to the Beast isn't a development? Oh yeah, it's just a distraction from what Miura obviously wants us to focus on: that vague boat that was in one panel. Guts' possible death or loss of his humanity isn't important like what Ganishka's doing, right?

Yeah, I like dialogue heavy chapters too, but that's just a different kind of dramatic action. They serve the same purpose. It's the journey, not the conclusion of it, that's the story, guys. And they can't talk everything to a satisfactory end without a little bit of physical action. Otherwise, you'd get bored with that too; ebb and flow. Anyway, quit looking for the big payoff otherwise you're going to miss the payoffs chapter to chapter. Or, if you just want to know what happens in the end, why check in every single week?

-Griffith

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Griffith said:
(BURNING NIR)

-Griffith

Well with that in mind, its time to get back to the speculations! Maybe Ganishka is making Guts lose his humanity on purpose? He might be aware of what Guts is doing and he knows what he is capable of, but maybe he can control Guts without his humanity rather then with his humanity intacte?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
The more plot elements a given episode contains, the more pages we devote to speculation before we see a single page of it. Going on this postulate alone, this is liable to be a very interesting chapter. Speculations so far include:
(1.) the malevolence the Beast will unleash if Schierke can't roust Guts from his berserk frenzy.

(2.) a major contribution from the Moon Child toward Guts regaining control.

(3.) the machinations {if any} of Ganishka.

(4.) limitations of Serpico's cape.

(5.) possible action taken against the priest in the boat.

Hell, if a third of this makes its way into the episode, this thread will see 11 pages for sure!

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Herald of Yama said:
Hell, if a third of this makes its way into the episode, this thread will see 11 pages for sure!

7 of which will be off-topic. Such as this post.

well here is a different perspective specualtion of 242,

will this chapter leave us in so much anticipation like the last one,

or will it settle into a much more relaxed everything is ok for a while chapter?

just curious what you think :)

- c

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Casca holding that chid that appeared on the beach reminds me a lot of Gambino's wife holding Guts when they find him on the roadside. The dishevled hair looks almost the same, as does the outfit they are wearing, and both are in a state of mental trauma.

well, the kid isn't in a state of trauma, it warded of that crocodile with a glance. I don't think that's sign of trauma...

And Gutt's wasn't in a state of trauma, he was just born, and he has no memory of it.

weird tangent by the way...

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Wonder what's going to happen, through. I myself see 2 possibilities of what might happen:

1. Gatts defeats the best, then the gang somehow attack the boat and destroy it, then resume their journey...

2. Gatts defeat¨the best and the magician in the boat becomes too exausted to cast another spell and thus they retreat in order to report to Ganishka about this strange occurence about a gang that is apparently able to fight beings most humans would fall prey to...

But of course, the second alternative assumes that it isn't Ganishka himself that is controlling the sea monster, otherwise things will be a wee bit more unpredictable ::)

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Gatts defeat¨the best and the magician in the boat becomes too exausted to cast another spell and thus they retreat in order to report to Ganishka about this strange occurence about a gang that is apparently able to fight beings most humans would fall prey to...
This seems most plausible. But I hope they stick with Guts a little longer before shifting back to Ganishka. There's just too much going on at the seaside right now-- :-X

Top Bottom