Episode 242

The images with the teeth, showing how and what Guts perceives show the genious of Miura IMO.
I can safely say that this has been one of the best chapters I' ve seen so far

Judo

Midlands finest
thanx, bakou!

Guts' perception as the Berserk is scary indeed! But guess who's showing up in his shiny astral body... very cool chapter!

Thanks very much Bakou and Orlandu

Judo said:
But guess who's showing up in his shiny astral body... very cool chapter!

If i am not wrong that is the child of the moonlight... it must be related to him

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Smith said:
Thanks very much Bakou and OrlanduIf i am not wrong that is the child of the moonlight... it must be related to him

Most likely! so, next chapter will probably reveal what the child is, or at least bring us closer to knowing what he is. But... what happened to the magician contolling the sea monster? Is he now too exhausted to cast another spell, or is he preparing to do just that...? Hmmm....

Smith said:
If i am not wrong that is the child of the moonlight... it must be related to him

I think the last two panels of page 17 is what Guts is seeing, and a strange light is appearing where Serpico's sword stands. Plus the fact that this mysterious creature on page 18 has the same shape as the wind elementals we've already seen, just it is bigger this time. So, I had say it is more related to Serpico's sword and the power of the wind elementals?!? Maybe. :-\

asmer said:
I think the last two panels of page 17 is what Guts is seeing, and a strange light is appearing where Serpico's sword stands. Plus the fact that this mysterious creature on page 18 has the same shape as the wind elementals we've already seen, just it is bigger this time. So, I had say it is more related to Serpico's sword and the power of the wind elementals?!? Maybe. :-\

What?!?! I though it was jesus baby!
Anyway, I doupt cause it's too big for a single wing elemental...
Maybe, it could also be Shielke's previous protection spell...but then again why would only one elemental king appear?
My bet stays with baby Guts (also the way it started to appear(p 17) kinda reminded me of the deomon child's special effects

asmer said:

namayias said:
It actually looks more like the light is coming from behind serpico around where caska is holding the kid.

Yeah that y i also suspected it is the child... I mean he must play something in his role for this manga, Muira cant just introduce him for no apparent reason

I

Italian_demon

Smith said:
Yeah that y i also suspected it is the child... I mean he must play something in his role for this manga, Muira cant just introduce him for no apparent reason

I agree me too i think he`s the baby.......
So does this baby is something good or a trick for Guts and Caska??
I`m wondering if there is a connection with the actual baby of them.....

Thanks for the scans! I'm happy to have them now, since we're heading off on vacation and I'd have to to wait until Sasuga sends my YA.

Excellent chapter. I was literally tensing up when the Beast turned toward the group. Good for Serpico, trying to be heroic and put himself between the Beast and the others -- but he'd never stand a chance. I wonder how this incident will impact what looked like a growing friendship between these two men.

What the hell was Flora thinking, giving him this armor? Eeep.

Anyway, this settles the speculation as to whether or not the Beast would be dangerous to Guts' companions, though it's no surprise that it is. Guts is a monster, nothing but a killing machine, under its control. While he may be able to control it at some point, he can't do so now and is wholly dependent upon somebody else pulling him back. Not a good thing. Fortunately that new kid has a few other spooky tricks in his repetoire.

I know I'm in the minority, but as cool as the physical manifestation of Beast looks, and as tense and exciting as the action is, I don't like seeing Guts like this. It's not what he wants, it's not good for him or those with him.

I wasn't a big fan of the Guts during the Lost Children arc, either. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing Miura or Guts -- Guts, Griffith, and Serpico are my top three favorite characters and they've all done Very. Bad. Things. -- but I was thisclose to hating Guts for what he'd let himself become during that point in the story. It was also where I almost gave up on Berserk because it was teetering on being too bleak for my tastes. I love dark, but I'm not a big fan of something so bleak it makes me want to slit my wrists after reading it.

Fortunately, Miura has never let this character go so far that there's no coming back. But then I feel that way about Griffith, too, so maybe my standards of Very. Bad. Things. are on the lenient side, after all...

miurafan said:
Excellent chapter. I was literally tensing up when the Beast turned toward the group.

Oh ya... I was totally breathless when i come to the part... Is the Guts really destroying something that is so precious to him (Companion)?

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Smith said:
Oh ya... I was totally breathless when i come to the part... Is the Guts really destroying something that is so precious to him (Companion)?

Well... HE wouldn't want to, but right now he's in a berserker-state, and a true berserk-state means that you can't tell friend and enemies apart, literally slashing out against everyone around you which is what Gatts is doing now. However, we'll probably never know whenever his blade would have stopped at the last moment or not...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Many thanks to Bakou and Orlandu!

It certainly looks like that light is from the child to me. Interesting...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Crazy stuff going on here. Crazy, but amazing. Guts' strength is simply astounishing... I was just wide-eyed when he came through the top of that creature...

One thing I picked up from that episode was Ganishka's mouth. When Gut was swirling in that dark kind of insanity, it was surrounding him... or at least I thought so.

Would it be considered odd to say that was a frightening episode?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Uriel said:
Crazy stuff going on here.

Maybe Guts will turn back soon and we can "move on with the story?" ;)

Wow, amazing chapter. Miura's really taking the Beast to the next level, now I don't have a favorite shot of it because they were all awesome in this chapter. BTW, yes, it WAS the baby at the end, Xech is 100% right. It wasn't the power of Serpico's love or whatever the fuck!?

Anyway, awesome chapter, Miura got it back to that Lost Children bleakness I love so much. ;D

-Griffith

P.S. Funny moment to me, the Beast sure looks pissed at the kid on the last page, like, normal pissed, not monster rage, "Goddamn baby! Always in the way!" See, even in the bleakness there is humor to be found, like angry beast-dads.

Griffith said:
Anyway, awesome chapter, Miura got it back to that Lost Children bleakness I love so much. ;D

Brat. ;)

But I am comfortable and secure in my minority (though I wish I had the right smiley for this, one that is very maturely sticking out its tongue...)

BiQ_

" ... "
... Like. Wow.

:eek:

I first thought the light stopping Guts/Beast was something Shielke was doing, until I read this thread and noticed that the light indeed comes from where The Kid (I am seriously going to be angry soon if I don't get to call him something else than "The Kid"...) is.

This chapter is really awesome, and now we can hopefully expect some revelations about The Kid as well. To say the truth, I was really not expecting much more than mindless monster-slashing but rarely I have been happier to find out I was wrong.

About the monster, yeah, it went down quite ho-hum (not exactly a surprise) but for some reason I had originally thoght the makara to be quite much bigger... the first image at the end of ep 240, at least implied to me that it was in size equalling that of blue whale or something. And while the 241 showed it to be less huge than that, I still imaged it somewhat larger than what this episode showed it to be.

Not that I'm complaining, no, because the point in 241-242 is really not Guts vs. Makara but Guts vs. Beast... which is, like.... :eek:

Wow. Again I stand in awe of the skill of Miura & Studio GaGa. the artwork is truly something to behold. The vision of Beast was superb.

And talking about the Kid stopping Guts - wonder if he did this same thing to the Croco familiar earlier? (if it even matters much?) Maybe, maybe not - considering if the Kid really IS the demon child reincarnation and if this is going to turn into some father-son re(?)union, maybe everything was not the same with the Croco dude. :p

Top Bottom