Episode 242

I

Italian_demon

BiQ-- said:
... Like. Wow.

:eek:

I first thought the light stopping Guts/Beast was something Shielke was doing, until I read this thread and noticed that the light indeed comes from where The Kid (I am seriously going to be angry soon if I don't get to call him something else than "The Kid"...) is.

This chapter is really awesome, and now we can hopefully expect some revelations about The Kid as well. To say the truth, I was really not expecting much more than mindless monster-slashing but rarely I have been happier to find out I was wrong.

About the monster, yeah, it went down quite ho-hum (not exactly a surprise) but for some reason I had originally thoght the makara to be quite much bigger... the first image at the end of ep 240, at least implied to me that it was in size equalling that of blue whale or something. And while the 241 showed it to be less huge than that, I still imaged it somewhat larger than what this episode showed it to be.

Not that I'm complaining, no, because the point in 241-242 is really not Guts vs. Makara but Guts vs. Beast... which is, like.... :eek:

Wow. Again I stand in awe of the skill of Miura & Studio GaGa. the artwork is truly something to behold. The vision of Beast was superb.

And talking about the Kid stopping Guts - wonder if he did this same thing to the Croco familiar earlier? (if it even matters much?) Maybe, maybe not - considering if the Kid really IS the demon child reincarnation and if this is going to turn into some father-son re(?)union, maybe everything was not the same with the Croco dude. :p

You know my first thought it was that it was the Kid, but now reading better and watching better the picture, i'm starting to think it might be Skielky, cause that form reminds me more a girl than a baby.....
Also she's focusing to go get Guts, instead the baby doesn't sound so active!!
Is it possible that after she promised in the last capter she were gonna get him back and all this time to focus she's still doing nothing??
I dunno....

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Demented Swordsman said:
that entity in the last picture looks like griffith in the lost chapter, but in the form of a mandragora... wtf ???

Well, it looks like all the spirit forms. Including the elementals. But, considering it exploded forth from where the child was, I'm going to assume that... it is the child.

-Griffith

P.S. I really like the slight change in design of the beast armor. Looks much better with the longer face. I don't know if Miura is just improving on his design as does, or if the armor will continue to change to more reflect the beast's influence and power over Guts.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Beautiful artwork. However...I would have still liked to see at least one panel/quote pertaining to either the child or Ganishka. Oh well.

As for the mystical creature we see on the last panel, I don't think it is either the child or one of the four elementals. I'm throwing out the child possibility because, well, his face wasn't even shown on the last couple of pages preceding the final panel (so there were no plot hints concerning him). The elemental hypothesis I'm throwing out because the mystical creature appeared in the last panel and the Beast immediately stopped dead in its tracks. Would the Beast care that much about something like that? It would kill him, I'm sure, but he would not be afraid of it. There being a mystical creature who is an elemental is just not, I don't know ...just not spectacular enough for a last panel [plot hint]. I was actually reminded a little bit of Flora. Witches do have a deeper link to the astral world so maybe somehow Schierke may have summoned her? That's a wild, wild guess, but who knows. And didn't Flora say something about she meeting Schierke in her dreams or something along those lines?

Or maybe it is...the Hanafubuku King :0! (<-- joke)

Griffith

nir085 said:
Beautiful artwork. However...I would have still liked to see at least one panel/quote pertaining to either the child or Ganishka. Oh well.

DUHBABY.jpg

Hello?​

nir085 said:
As for the mystical creature we see on the last panel, I don't think it is either the child or one of the four elementals. I'm throwing out the child possibility because, well, his face wasn't even shown on the last couple of pages preceding the final panel (so there were no plot hints concerning him).

DUHBABY.jpg

Planet Earth to Nir! We are losing you! Come in! Come in! Emergency! Do you need glasses? Over!​

What's wrong with you kids these days? Back in the BSOM we didn't have fancy summaries or weekly updates and we could still speculate the pants off you guys. Geezus, I never saw Griff's face in volume 17, just a big bird with a smile at one point. So I guess the logical conclusion was that a big albatross was coming to Midland? OMG!! GRIFFITH REBORN!? DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING! BLINDSIDED!!!

And this apparently from a guy who WANTS the baby to be involved, he's actually shut down the part of his brain that can read the babies obvious involvment; amazing! Yeah, I wish something interesting happened in that chapter involving the child, but I'm going to have to "throw that out", cause there's no chance. Didn't see the face!

You're lucky I don't throw you out. ;)

-Griffith

P.S. BTW, we don't need to always voice what we would have liked to see beyond all greatness of the story, such as, "That was cool and all, but I would have liked to have seen naked ladies in this chapter. That's just me. I was left sorta disapointed that Miura didn't cover my whim, fucking up the flow of his story just for my bad tastes."

If Nir said that, it would have been at the orgy chapter in volume 18. Those naked women were just illusions probably, so they'll have to be "thrown out."

Thank you.

BiQ_

" ... "
Feh. Now I'm not sure about it myself.

Err... Wait! It is clear to me now, that I have closely looked at 16-17, that the person most likely to be where the light comes from is... ISHIDORO! It must be him! He clearly has started to get infested with this Astral Plane stuff, being a part of Guts' company and all. And he speaks the most words during these two pages! It is perfectly clear!

;D ;D

I was leaning towards the kid making things worse with the armors stability, partly because he was climbing up Guts's back where the beast usually takes over.
I still think that was done for a reason, but he is still helping them out.

Im sure there is a perfectly logical explanation for everything related to the child, Scherkie will come up with something like:

"could it be that the child being born from from essentially 3 parents of strong people with strong od's gave his spiritual essence the power to survive and eventually taking physical form but still possessing his old abilities?
Of course...! The inside of a apostles body does posses that of a connection to the astral world, and thats where the demon child ended up when he was swollowed by the egg apostle, he must have lingured between the physical and astral world about to die, then when the second eclipse happens it fucks up the peace between both worlds and he eventually manages to take physical form like how the trolls did, then finally caught upto Guts and caska following the brand...." yeah thats exactly it!

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Just for the hell of it I'm going to go out on a limb and say it has something to do with the elves and Elfhelm. :p

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
That was a great chapter. This chapter had probably the least context out of ALL of the berserk chapters--- correct me if im wrong :p. But this is great, how once again, one of my old theories of guts in the beast armor losing it and attacking the gang.

The best part of this chapter was that Muira show Guts perception when he is in Berserk mode, All that he saw was the teeth which prompt him to attack and attack just to get out of it... I may be wrong but i guess this should be the reason...

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
The visuals are always great, but as others have stated a few small answers would be nice. Other than the glowing figure "confronting" Gutts, the substance level in that chapter was zip. Fights are great, but seeing Guts kill things has been going on non-stop since the first chapter, I know it's a key element to Berserk but this chapter seemed more like a teaser than anything else, and not in the literal context of hinting about what's going to happen next.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I read the chapters dealing with Ganishka and the new Band of the Hawk, it was definatley a nice change.

Er, if anything there was a small answer in this chapter, that being that yeah, for sure, Guts is going to attack his friends when he's berserk because that's how gone his control is. And what about seeing from Guts' point of view when berserk, and how badly he's hallucinating? That's a fair amount of substance to me -_- I didn't expect the beast to ponder the crashing waves of the ocean and make a haiku instead of flipping out and killing everything that moves.

When Guts calms down, I am wondering how the team will take it and what they will decide regarding the Berserk armour...
1)They ask Guts to take it away and he refuses (a sentimental rift between the relation of Guts and the rest of the team).

2)They ask Guts to take it away and he accepts (no more berserk armour in the story).

3)Guts speaks about the child's power and somehow the child becomes the center of attention, complicating the team's reactions more, so they wonìt bother in the ways of option 1) and 2)

I think it will be #3

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
the fact that Schierke in the previous panels was concentrating to stop Guts seems lost to everyone. There is no evidence that the child is the junior version of X-man. The reason that croc turned away could be due to the fact that someone has imprinted, for unknown reasons for now, in the crocs mind the notion that the child must not be harmed.
Personally, I think that the child is about to do something soon , yes, and it will be deliver a souvenir of himself on Caska dress , that will be hard to wash off. :p :p ;D ;D

Hey, don't call him Superboy (and that could be a clue to his real origin ) :p

I

Italian_demon

Freddy C said:
emmm i know this is a little off topic but does anyone know when the translated chapter scans will be out?

It says the Date in the last pannel of every Episode ;)

Griffith

KazigluBey said:
The visuals are always great, but as others have stated a few small answers would be nice. Other than the glowing figure "confronting" Gutts, the substance level in that chapter was zip. Fights are great, but seeing Guts kill things has been going on non-stop since the first chapter, I know it's a key element to Berserk but this chapter seemed more like a teaser than anything else, and not in the literal context of hinting about what's going to happen next.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I read the chapters dealing with Ganishka and the new Band of the Hawk, it was definatley a nice change.

Key word: chapters. Jesus, how many times do I have to say it? Stop looking to blow your entire load every single chapter for Christ's sake. In case you haven't noticed by now, nothing happens in any one given chapter relative to the grand scheme of things and they all end in teasers! Reading Berserk and just understanding the basics of storytelling and suspense isn't rocket science, is it? You don't think Guts losing control to the Beast is substance? Turning on his friends isn't substance; not important? The child was only introduced 4 chapters ago and now he's exploding with light and is a spirit that can apparently stop the beast! You can't see things escalating and developing!? You don't think this is going to have major consequences or payoffs now or later!?

God, so many people here can't appreciate anything. Berserk must look pretty bad when you're seeing it with your head up your ass. You know what, if you can't handle reading Berserk in 18 page chunks every other week; which is slow by design, don't come here! Or don't complain that nothing happened in any individual chapter; because that's a given. I'll email you when Guts and Griffith start fucking, okay?

-Griffith

Hint: Stuff happens when you put the chapters together in order. They even release them like this every few months!

Griffith

Swordsman in Sable said:

It is laughable. Especially since we saw things from Guts' point of view while possesed, something we never saw before, and it was done damn well too. But, you know, no substance where Guts is concerned; what's Ganishka the main character up to? The way Miura implies his involvent without showing him is bad writing! I want his picture plastered all over the page! I don't get it!! DUH!

roberto999 said:
the fact that Schierke in the previous panels was concentrating to stop Guts seems lost to everyone. There is no evidence that the child is the junior version of X-man. The reason that croc turned away could be due to the fact that someone has imprinted, for unknown reasons for now, in the crocs mind the notion that the child must not be harmed.
Personally, I think that the child is about to do something soon , yes, and it will be deliver a souvenir of himself on Caska dress , that will be hard to wash off. :p :p ;D ;D

Hey, don't call him Superboy (and that could be a clue to his real origin ) :p

Huh? That's a good example of a lot of words that say nothing. I won't repay you, but you know what they say about pictures...

DUHBABY.jpg

Worth a thousand. Did you see this one? Doesn't look like Schierke to me. Hope it's not lost to everyone.​

-Griffith

P.S. I called it DUHBABY.jpg for a reason. ;)

Judo

Midlands finest
Its very obvious that it is Charlotte... Griffith turned her into an Apostle and that is her transformed shape.
And of course she is the key to the fall of God Hand!

Serpico knew that thing about the Berserkers attacking their own comrades, but he didn't tell anything about it earlier... I mean, it's no like he didn't know that there was a chance of Guts going Berserk again.
Maybe the others would've liked to get this information earlier than the moment he attacks them.

Top Bottom