Episode 242

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
KazigluBey said:
Settle down fan boy, no need to get your panties in a wad. Take a few breaths before you hyperventilate.

I'll return those words right back to you. I may rant and argue spiritedly, but that doesn't make me some fan boy. On the other hand, my thousands of posts probably do. At least where Berserk is concerned. Anyway, this is the second time you've brought up fanboys and placed yourself above despite the fact that you're arguing (badly I might add, but I'll get to that) with an admin on a anime fan board, Mr. Oh so not a fanboy.

KazigluBey said:
I'm quite aware of the process of story telling, and that each chapter leads into the next, that doesn't mean I can't form an opinion on how effective or interesting a specific chapter is. Gutts has been on "the edge" as SK calls it for volumes on end, his continuing to do so, regardless of the armor is invevitable, as is the point in time where his being consumed by the beast or ultimately defying it will take place. This event could be predicated several volumes back, it doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to figure this out. You act like the storytelling in this is straight out of a David Lynch film. It's a pretty linear story line. You could say that the author's "causality" in writing this story is pretty straight forward.

That's lovely. But the fact that the story is linear, well-structured and therefore predictable (it's what we do here) has nothing to do with substance now does it? That was why I was blasting you, and your opinion (which you've yet to defend). Thank you for the irrelevant, parallel counter-rant; they always make my day. At least make a valid argument that addresses the issue if you want to play too cool for school with me.

KazigluBey said:
But by all means continue your rants, I'm sure it will impress the peons and sycophants who are so eager to become experts on a comic book, as if that's some huge accomplishment worthy of praise.

I will, thank you. What I won't do is make a hypocritical ass of myself by engaging in an argument I'm simultaneously pretending to be better than. Another point for our resident NON-fanboy.

-Griffith

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks a lot, Bakou & Orlandu. ;)

Mr. Miura, the main story progressed too slow this week. U r a teaser. :(

BTW, at first, I thought the last bright silhouette was Schierke's. But Griffith made me surrender. lol
It's definitely the boy's. Now I'm quite sure about it. ;D

Damn, im not going to lie, griffith(admin) makes a damn good point, nothing to argue about kaziglugey or whatever. I love berserk, and thefore looking to see everyone's opinion/insights about what will happen next. Without griffith, where would we be without griffith's humor/sarcasm/ great opinions?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Griffith said:
It is laughable. Especially since we saw things from Guts' point of view while possesed, something we never saw before, and it was done damn well too. But, you know, no substance where Guts is concerned; what's Ganishka the main character up to? The way Miura implies his involvent without showing him is bad writing! I want his picture plastered all over the page! I don't get it!! DUH!Huh? That's a good example of a lot of words that say nothing. I won't repay you, but you know what they say about pictures...

DUHBABY.jpg

Worth a thousand. Did you see this one? Doesn't look like Schierke to me. Hope it's not lost to everyone.​

-Griffith

P.S. I called it DUHBABY.jpg for a reason. ;)
I saw it and I saw also who was keeping the child in her arms. Now in chapter 229 whom's image (shown to him by Schierke) was able to restore Gut's mental health? How I see it Guts is about to sink in the darkness when he sees the one that he considers the light of his life.
Another point: the Makara surely is not mentally stronger than the croc, but when he menaced, in the last issue, the group where there were also Caska and the kid none turned it away, it was a armor - possessed Guts that had to face him.

roberto999 said:
I saw it and I saw also who was keeping the child in her arms. Now in chapter 229 whom's image (shown to him by Schierke) was able to restore Gut's mental health? How I see it Guts is about to sink in the darkness when he sees the one that he considers the light of his life.
Isn't that what happened the last time? Give Miura some credit...

Actually, I didn't see it is the child judging only by the image...

The light in the image comes from where the child is, this is correct, but it could also be the tip of Shielke's staff...
The fact that how Shielke's spell was depicted when Guts was first possesed (differently than now) and also the fact that the child turned away that croc previously by mere gaze and also the fact that the p18 figure seems like the baby and also the fact that the baby is a magic "mystery" of its own and also the fact...and...and...
All hint that 99.99999...% is the baby IMO
Now if the whole situation doesn't satisfy your tastes this is another story...
I personally liked this chapter very, very much
Mostly because of the way Miura thought to depict what and how Guts perceives in the actual state he is now
That blew me, honestly:
Not only the drawing art, which is always excellent, but the whole concept behind Miura's depiction, itself
The noise of the ocean, the nothing but giant sharp teeth, the all over threat they pose, their destruction, the inhuman condition, the beast...
This is the best time of Miura's dark surrealism IMO so far
About the child, the effect it gives me is curiosity plotwise...that is about the story
I can't say I like it or not, because I don't know what Miura has actually in mind (and this is good) but it definatelly has shocked the curiosity out of me...
Would this be their son and the last link to the chain of a happy ending of a happy loving family?
I dunno and I somehow hope not to tell you the truth

But as I said above I can't know yet...
Hopefully next chapter or even the one after will guide to some directions

Griffith

Long live the Olivier/Griffith/Xechnao alliance! ;D

-Griffith

P.S.
akikaze said:
How is it up there in Griff's ass?

I didn't remember who you were, but I always recognize the bitterness someone I've shat on in the past. I had to check your last 10 posts to see why you're mad at me. Sorry about last week.

Well, it's funny to me. =)

"Huh? Now why does this guy hate me!? ...Oh."

Something came now in my mind:

Could this kid be a citizen of the Fairy Land ??? (puck´s homeland)
Maybe a son of a witch, or even, a SURVIVOR of the land of Fukububu...(dam name) king ? The own RainPetals king son?

I am suspecting that puck´s land have already been attacked, possibly this kid scaped from the attackers, :eek: :eek: this possibility no one appointed up to now

This is something to think about..
heheeh if i am correct there´s any prize to me ? ;D ;D

(again, eternal thanks everybody who contributed with scans and translation)

Griffith said:
P.S.I didn't remember who you were, but I always recognize the bitterness someone I've shat on in the past. I had to check your last 10 posts to see why you're mad at me. Sorry about last week.

Well, it's funny to me. =)

"Huh? Now why does this guy hate me!? ...Oh."
Err, I don't hate you, really I don't. You may bitchsplap me If I start getting mad at someone for thing's he says on some bbs. :D I dindn't want to offend you with my last post here, it's just meant for mtlcknight who was kinda crouching up your ass with his last post. I just felt like saying something...and I forgot a smilie, that might have been helpful to understand how this post was meant...Nah, anyway, again I'm explaining to much. I got to improve my english a little more. ;)
Concerning last week, well, I had my fun. :D Just nevermind that, there's no real need to apologize. ;)

@tokken_brz
Reading your post it came to my mind that this kid might be a guide or something, some elemental familiar (from the elfking or a wizard or whatever) who was send out to lead our little party safe to Eflhelm. That Eflhelm has already been attacked is a little bit far fetched. There should be more survivors than just a small kiddo if that mighty Elfking (he indeed has a damn name) really is more than just a nominal king.

well, if the boy was a fairy, then puck, irabella, and shiercke (or however you Americans spell these names ;)), would've noticed almost instantly. the two other fairies, since they know how their own kind senses like, and Shiercke, who was that witch sense or sight. But apparently, she can't figure out who this boy is, so chances are, the boy's not a fairy.

As to the Elfhelm being attacked? Not likely, especially with the 'hanafubuku ou" there, and him being a legend and all, and that island being full of mages and witches, it'll still be hard enough for anyone to attack with ease.

As to the Elfhelm being attacked? Not likely, especially with the 'hanafubuku ou" there, and him being a legend and all, and that island being full of mages and witches, it'll still be hard enough for anyone to attack with ease.

And what about the "hanafubuku" meeting a behelit on a bad moment of his life ? =P
Since there are so many of them sprided around...

Then Ganishka would not permit another monster-MAGE in the world against him, so he destroyed ElfHein... its plausible since hes against griffith and his apostles,
ElfKing would be a BIG problem as an enemy...

tokken_brz said:
Then Ganishka would not permit another monster-MAGE in the world against him, so he destroyed ElfHein... its plausible since hes against griffith and his apostles,
ElfKing would be a BIG problem as an enemy...

Why would he be his enemy?

Well, i´m suposing that the ElfKing is on Griffith´s side, so as long as Ganishka do not likes Griffith, he doesnt want his allies alive.

Plus, this "allie" is a Sorcerer, like Ganishka himself, so he may be a dangerous enemy because he is more prepared for fight using <b>magic</b>.

Oh Griffs :-*

Very cool chapter. Thanks for those who were putting up the direct links...I'm seriously behind in the series.

well, the elf-king is not a mage because he is an elf. and he is not on Griffith's side because the Skull Knight knows of him (as a friend or help, because otherwise he would have warned Gutts). And the elf-king is not susceptible to the behelits because he is not human.

internet explorer gave memory error, erased my previous post so ill resume from here.

i just think it is a natural choice for new apostles to follow Griffith since his charisma is awesome, and he is the one God Hand´s member on Earth.

if aynone wants to disagree again, plesae just ignore, or at least trow some arguments, this would be nice... ( IMO, IMO, this should stay as it is until next chapter)

tokken_brz said:
I disagree, IMO.

I expect the Elf king to be a Sorcerer, but I would say Ganishka takes the role of a powerful demon. The only reason one might say he is a sorcerer is because in chapter 233 Silat askes himself if what he is watching is sorcery, thats basically it. Even Rakshas who would obviously have a better idea of the whole situation says that he is a Demon.

Flora was killed because she is a magic user. Skullknight says that a magic user is considered more of a threat than a army 10,000. I can't say that all magic users are against the Godhand but I don't think she was the first to be a bother to the Godhand, and I think Miura sets a expectation for a magic users threat to powerful demons.

Elves have a more peaceful nature then to be associated with Godhand and apostles....and he is the elf king, gotta be saying something.

Flora may not say directly that she knew about Guts and Elfhelm but she probably knew where they were going to go, and enough to say that the talismans that were to protect Guts and Caska were powerful enough to last them the length of they're journey.
She ain't one to guess the right answer or anything, and if she knew something but didn't say what they were getting into (at the very least for her precious witch apprentice to avoid unnecessary conflict.

IMO your sadly mistaken.

well, it really didn't matter to Griffith whether an army of 10,000 or 1,000,000 would attack him, because he is outside the reality of that world, he is outside the 'monogatari', or story, if you will.

Flora is also outside the 'monogatari', outside the bounds of the world, and only those kind of people truly pose a threat to Griffith and the Apostles.

Ganishka is an Apostle, because when Rocus talks to him he says 'as one who has rejected the fate of man, I speak to you as an Apostle...why do you rebel against your master?'

Griffith

Okay, Ganishka is an Apostle, and obviously a mighty powerful magic user as well. I don't know what there is to discuss?

As for the Elf King, I don't think he's an Apostle... just my gut feeling and not so humble opinion. ;)

-Griffith

Top Bottom