Interjecting your own personality into the world of Berserk

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I know I'm probably not the only one, but when I really get into a good anime or manga I tend to day dream a little about what kind of character I would want to be, and how I would affect the story, how my own personality would fit.

If you were able to infuse your own personality/ego into a Berserk character, what would you choose?

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I'll give it a try.

I'm a very self-sacraficing person. I could easily see myself amputating my own arm or fighting in a fight with no chance of winning to protect someone I cared about. I find a lot of simularities between myself and Guts, which makes up most of the appeal to the series.

My character would probably be a minor character, since I really hate being the center of attention. I would probably die for a somewhat useless cause early on in the series.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Yeah that's more like it.

I guess I see myself as being more of a guiding character (like Skull Knight but without a real dark past) that offers advice and helps out once and awhile, that knows a heck of alot more than he's revealing to the main characters. Characters like Gandalf interest me a lot, someone that can help turn the tide but ultimately can't deal the knock out blow, and has to rely on the main "hero" of the story.

hmm I took one of those What Berserk character are you quizzes and they said I was Guts but i dont really see that. If I were like anyone I think I would be most like Judeau because im not really the "best" at anything but im pretty good with a lot of things. Im a very very friendly person and I always put other peoples happiness before my own. Not the best quality i know but its nice to see other people happy.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
I would be a dark character. Not evil.. just dark and mysterious. Always in the shadows.. separated from everyone else. I guess I would be kind of a loner.. but more in a "Im way up here and you're way down there.. and so I have no reason to speak to you" kind of way. Arrogant I guess. People would think they should dislike me.. but end up being oddly attracted to me. In the end I would end up playing a key role because I just kick ass like that. 8) In ways I can see myself as being just a darker version of Griffith, saber n all.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
i'd probably be a swordsmith...or an engineer, giving the gang some new gadgets and weapons that could come in handy if their magicks fail.

What can i say? i love making shit up.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
I am very protective of myself and picky about who I talk to. I'll talk to those I think I can use, wield a bow with black tipped arrows, and stay in the shadows. The glint from steel could get me killed. But I'd probably die screaming early on anyway since guys like me always end up sniffed out sooner or later.

M

medievald00d

I'd be corkus

Always critical of everyone, be the first one to run, and have the most embarrasing death.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
It's interesting stuff, I never really thought of this exct thing.
I think I'd have some sort of second role in the plot, like the guy who wants to do good, protect people, enjoy parties and playing guitare, but reveals himself to be an ass sometimes. A mix between a dumb inaptitude to many things à la corkus and a irreasonnable way of staying calm, silenced and distant at first a la guts or pippin, with the feeling I can be trusted in overall, but for what ? :-\
Guil

Lauralana

That's Hot
This is a really interesting topic. i think i would be a mix of someone like Griffith and Casca. I say griffith b/c if i don't check myself sometimes, i find that i may use people to get what i want. But on the flipside of that i am a very open person and i am always up for talking to someone new and i don't judge people by their covers. And lastly, sometimes it's really hard for the people closest to me to be able to reach me just b/c i am soo busy fulfulling other responsibilities to people higher up and/or I just have to many people around me.

the only reason i would say that i am similar to casca is the fact that she is a very complex person, and the emotions and actions she makes are often not a true representation of how she really feels. Basically, like most girls, i am complicated.

So i'd see myself being "the girl" in the plot. the main character always has a love interest, and i think that would be my character.

Although I have no relationship to Guts I do have the Devil's own luck like him. I would probably be the darkhorse of the army. You know, the one who is least expected to live but somehow survives every battle. I'm really friendly though so my name would get around the Band of the Hawk (somehow it always did in school). I would always wear dark armour and cape. Black facepaint too. As for a weapon... Dai-Katana.

M

medievald00d

Lauralana said:
I say griffith b/c if i don't check myself sometimes, i find that i may use people to get what i want.

Ah, women of pure evil. They always manipulate men to get what they want... :p

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
pheonixfenix said:
Ah, women of pure evil. They always manipulate men to get what they want... :p

Damn right we do! ;D

Hmm . . . if I were to be anyone from the Berserk world, it would have to be a woman who isn't raped or used . . . doesn't leave me many options now, does it? But if I were to pick and choose, I'd say Jill. She really reminded me of what I was like when I was her age.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
i'd have to say griffith/femto. i'm a nice guy, i treat my friends and loved ones with respect and kindness, but i also see that i am somewhat of a user. everone sort of is. it's the people you surround yourself with and how you interact with them that affects your future. i'm not exactly power hungry, but if i was i'm sure i'd use whatever abillities i have, including my charm, to get to the top.

as for femto, i recognize that i have an evil side. not to say i'd do anything as horrible as femto would, but if were transformed into a demon, there's no doubt in my mind. alot of people would disagree and deny that they would ever do something like that, demon or no. it's a nice thought, but i simply dont think it's true. anyone's will can be broken, anyone's mind can be changed, especially if youre being controled by god-like beings that are beyond your own comprehension. they could pretty much make you their puppet and there's very little you can do about it. in my opinion, that's what berserk is all about.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
It is nearly impossible to say you are closest to a charecter because of certain reasons. 9 times out of 10 you will be the person you WANT to be, and you will name only the personalities that you have close to the charecter. For example, Exosus, do you think you have the strength of guts in body AND mind? You think you can tear your arm off if your loved one is raped right in frount of you? Could you endure the pain of your arm ripping, and whatever object that you are hitting your arm with doesnt cut your arm off, could you do it again? Or else how bout you skeletonmf, to what extent would you go to have your way? Would to betray your best friend for power? And femto is not really a great charecter to compare to, because he has no emotions at all. Im sorry if I flamed you to, because flaming was not my intent, i am just using you 2 as examples. Many others who are about to post will probably pick the charecter they would like to be, and pick out little stuff to compare themselves to the charecter.

Instead heres an idea, how bout we have others judge you?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Nomad said:
It will only consist on lnsults and flames... ;D

p.s. Nice Avatar, Demon

Never know, if we take that out this thread might be put to some use.

p.s. Thanks. Took 30 min to color :).

skeletonmf

DemonX said:
It is nearly impossible to say you are closest to a charecter because of certain reasons. 9 times out of 10 you will be the person you WANT to be, and you will name only the personalities that you have close to the charecter. For example, Exosus, do you think you have the strength of guts in body AND mind? You think you can tear your arm off if your loved one is raped right in frount of you? Could you endure the pain of your arm ripping, and whatever object that you are hitting your arm with doesnt cut your arm off, could you do it again? Or else how bout you skeletonmf, to what extent would you go to have your way? Would to betray your best friend for power? And femto is not really a great charecter to compare to, because he has no emotions at all. Im sorry if I flamed you to, because flaming was not my intent, i am just using you 2 as examples. Many others who are about to post will probably pick the charecter they would like to be, and pick out little stuff to compare themselves to the charecter.

actually, my favorite characters are zodd, skullknight and void. their wisdom and power is far greater than any other berserk character. but i just cant relate to them. i wish i was more like gatsu or caska, but i just see more of grifith's personality in myself. as for femto, he's more like my evil side without my human emmotions to hold back my impulses. so, no i'm not like femto, but IF i were a demon without emmotion, then i believe i'd be more like him than any of the rest of the godhand.

as for chopping off your own arm to escape danger, it's been done before. i think i once read somewhere about a man who was hiking alone and got trapped under a rock. he chopped his arm of to escape. i'm sure most people would just curl up and die in gatsu's situation, but nobody here claimed to be exactly like these characters, we were just pointing out similarities.

skeletonmf

it was a mixture of both. he was in hell.

you dont have to leave me alone. this is a message board, it's not like youre harrassing me about it on the street.

skeletonmf said:
it was a mixture of both. he was in hell.
No it wasn't. Where should he escape to anyway? Sure, he was frightened to the bones, seeing all his friends die. But at that certain moment, he cut off his arm to save Casca. He's heading her before he get's nailed down, there's no escaping intention in that action.

No, I am different in Guts in that sense, I would have cut my arm off before the sword broke so that atleast it would be easier :). I don't know if I could stand repeatedly stiking myself, but I know that when you are blind with rage you don't feel anything untill after you calm down.

Secondly, I didn't say I would be the Guts of the series. I said I find some simularities, and that makes up for a great deal of the appeal. There are differences as well, perhaps when I'm not feeling so lazy I'll post about them.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Remember, the topic about what kind of character YOU would want to be, not which character that is already in the story that you indentify with.

A character that isn't already in Berserk. ;)

Top Bottom