Puck's mystery

puella

Berserk forever
In the ep.238

puckmst.JPG

This scene really interests me.
Such a look/reaction of Puck makes me think of that too much.

He just said " legend..."
He really doesn't know about the King of Flower Storm?
Or he really knows of that but there's some reason he should keep silent on that?

It's a real mystery!

I thought about that many ways.

1) He really doesn't know about the king:
then why?
*Because he is just a common / low-leveled elf?
*Or maybe he left the elfhelm before he got to know of it?

2) He does know but there's some reason he shouldn't tell anybody about him.
then why?
* When an elf leaves his elfhelm, he should keep secret about his king?
* Puck made a big problem with the king so he had to leave his home just because of that. That's why he doesn't want to say?
* Considering the fact that Puck even didn't know about his origin. He's just a wnaderer elf so he could never know of it?

3) About legend.... he said
Maybe it means "it's not a legend but a real truth. why you people call it legend?"

That's all of my speculations for today. ;D
Some people even suspect Puck could be the king though I don't think so.
What do you think of this?

For me, I really can't see Puck as the Elf King! As you said, he didn't even know he was a Piskie, which makes me think he must have been very young when he left his home... I mean, he seems to be totally used to live with the Humans, that makes me think he has actually been living more with Humans than Elves!

But why did he leave? This time, I can so easily picture him having trouble with the King (that would be your hypothesis #2), but since he was a young Elf, he didn't know about the King's powers. So when he ears about them, he is shocked by the word "legend", in the way that he could have been the victim of such power, when he left Elfhelm, or was exiled. And maybe he realizes that his come back to his hometown won't be that easy, maybe...

With such an hypothesis, Puck forced to flee his town, one could easily understand why he refuses to speak about such a sad memory!
But, if that is true, why did he talk about his home to Guts in the first place,that's the question I'm wondering?! :-\

puella

Berserk forever
asmer said:
But, if that is true, why did he talk about his home to Guts in the first place,that's the question I'm wondering?! :-\

Maybe he just doesn't want to talk about the king, not his home?
Puck didn't like the king much or horribly hated him because the king was so fastidious or something. This is one of the reasons why Puck left the elfhelm, maybe?

Well.... ::)

From Saiki's translation:
Puck - Legend...

Ishidoro - You're king is pretty great!

Ivarella - Why didn't you say anything!? A show off like you!

Ivarella(the small bubble) - His name. You stupid chestnut!

Ivarella/Ishidoro - Maybe he didn't know...

To me it sounds more like he is just being made out to be a idiot.

puella said:
Maybe he just doesn't want to talk about the king, not his home?
Puck didn't like the king much or horribly hated him because the king was so fastidious or something. This is one of the reasons why Puck left the elfhelm, maybe?

Since I know there is a king in Elfhelm, I can't stop wondering, if ever the King has a daughter, that maybe Puck's exile may be due to him being a bit too much... "enterprising" with the King's daughter! ;D

Puck is definately not the elf king if the elf king is supposed to be so strong as the legend holds.
Just remember the first chapters, including the very fisrt one... ;)
Remeber also the comic scene when he speaks about his home and you have a wizard figure attacking him...

Now, it's strange he forgot about his home and his behaviour around this matter.
Maybe he was put under a spell, forcing him to forget somehow about his home hehe
Nah my bet is that it something about elves and elf culture...
It's not that he didn't know...maybe they don't think to use their fairy and magic and legendary powers like the human way agenda would think of...I mean they think about it diferently that humans... thus Puck's strange behaviour for our standards on the story...

Although I dont think Puck is the elf king, the thing I wonder about is why are there no elves left except Puck and Evarella.
Every place that had or might have had elves is completely empty of elves.
Ivarella is no mystery since she was with Flora so she was pretty much protected.
I'm left wondering if Puck maybe one of the last few elves.......

nir085

Horse and Armor
It would come as no surprise to me if Puck was the Elf King. So far in the story, only morons seem to fill the ranks of royalty: Governor Gennon, the King, Yurius, and an Apostle who is not concerned about the fifth Godhand member. The opposite applies as well: all of the honorable, respectable, and intriguing characters are all commoners of some sort. Puck is more respectable than the previously mentioned of course, but what I'm saying is just because Puck is all silly and seemingly weak doesn't mean that he does not have hidden reserves of power that he has not yet tapped into. Another possibility I'm thinking of is that the Hanafubuku King is one of his family members. I have a gut feeling that it isn't about Elf culture or something, because Puck would have spoken up. Then again, it took some time for Puck to remember his own home before he mentioned it...

Saiki said:
Although I dont think Puck is the elf king, the thing I wonder about is why are there no elves left except Puck and Evarella.
Ivarella is no mystery since she was with Flora so she was pretty much protected.

There was another (although dead) in Vargas' laboratory.

The tale of Roshinu's chapter, Farnese's inability to see Puck in the beginning and what Flora and Shielke have said, hint that in Godhand's and religion's world order the largest numbers of the human population weren't compatible with a settlement of elves.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
What if puck was the prince of elves... and the king passes away before he can help caska... and of course puck cant help her... so guts continues his search!

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
If Puck was the elf king don't you think he would have cured Casca already?

I think he got booted out of Elfhelm for being mischevious. Weren't wizards and elves supposed to live in the same "realm"? We are shown the picture of Puck looking back on the old days and it shows him stealing something from a wizard.

But somehow though he may not be the king who knows if he is some high respectable elf in Elfhelm? Like prince or the king adviser maybe? :-X

um ok in the manga Volume 12 chapter 5 Puck is with some kind of fortune teller magician looking dude and they are talking about Ricket and how Puck meeting Ricket is part of Gods plan.Puck and the fortune teller sit together and talk about ricket and puck and destiny. Now i dont know what all thats about but its right there in chapter 12.

I like the idea of puck being a prince who was a trouble maker of some sort that left the kingdom searching for adventure and mischeif

Saiki said:

They probably don't bother to inhabit to many places where humans hang around much. I think there will be plenty of elves in elfhelm.
Scherkie states that because of the teaching of the church humans couldn't see elves much at all, so most were limited to the astral world.

I suppose that could also mean they should be more popular now since the second eclipse took place, but I still think there will be a heap that stay more in the astral parts of the berserk world.

wasnt there a section, and i dont remember where it was,

where godo i think it was or erika talked about "little people" or such

living in the cave where guts woke up after the eclipse?

that would kinda seem to me like there used to be elves all around until humans started bashing them or just didnt notice like some of you have said,

i havent had time to look it up, too much to do, not enough time,

just a thought ;D

- c

KazigluBey said:
I think that Cave was supposed to be some sort of fairy/elf cave, the one that was destroyed.
It was. Like that big tree in the Lost Children Arc, where Puck had that Vision of Elfs flying out of it. They used to live there, like they did in the cave. Moreover the past presence of the Elfs keept Guts and Caska safe from those Ghosts all around.
I'm curious what made them leave.

Puck already said once that he left Elfheim because he got bored...

Maybe the other places that had elves/piskies are empty because after the eclipse/fest they knew what was happening (Femto's Reborn into Griffith a a year later (?)) so the took refuge into elfheim...

Shurikn said:
Maybe the other places that had elves/piskies are empty because after the eclipse/fest they knew what was happening (Femto's Reborn into Griffith a a year later (?)) so the took refuge into elfheim...
To me it always seemed that the elfs started leaving generations ago, I gotta read some early volumes again...

akikaze said:
To me it always seemed that the elfs started leaving generations ago, I gotta read some early volumes again...
I doubt you'll find something.. because people can't see elves/piskies... so maybe they started leaving before but the first time we see one (if we follow the timeline, not the episodes order). I think it's when Griffith try to commit suicide and summon God Hand instead, when Rickert buy/receive the magic healing powder.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
The elves simply retreated to safety after an increase in enemies.

And Puck might be a prince. But not the heir. You know the deal. King dies, boring older brother ascends to the throne, younger brother decides he doesn't want to be around his new 'King' and leaves. Which means he doesn't want to talk about it and when he hears the King referred to as a legend, it hits a nerve.

Aconyro said:
And Puck might be a prince. But not the heir. You know the deal. King dies, boring older brother ascends to the throne, younger brother decides he doesn't want to be around his new 'King' and leaves. Which means he doesn't want to talk about it and when he hears the King referred to as a legend, it hits a nerve.
So he got bored and leaved like he explained to Idontrememberhername in Roshinu's part of the manga.

Shurikn said:
I doubt you'll find something.. because people can't see elves/piskies... so maybe they started leaving before but the first time we see one (if we follow the timeline, not the episodes order). I think it's when Griffith try to commit suicide and summon God Hand instead, when Rickert buy/receive the magic healing powder.
I wasn't going to search for some other elfs, I wanted to find a chapter or a panel which states that the elfs were gone a long time ago. Like an old Geezer saying he heard of his parents that there once where more elfes around...stuff like that, those small hints...I will have a bitch of a time searching for it (if there is something like that...damn, I really got to read Berserk from the beginning once again, I forgot to much...). ::)

Top Bottom