I've got a question

CharlieNash

I'm a llama! Gaze at the llama
Hi, I recently just got into Berserk and enjoy it alot but I have a few questions:
1.In the whole scheme of things what exactly is God's role in the series?
I'm getting confused because sometimes judging from the statements the demons make it seems like the writers have it that they're somewhat working for him. Sorry if this has been asked before or if I'm completely off my rocker.
:-X

M

medievald00d

I'll try to answer to the best of my ability
1. God, or The Idea, is essentially the essence of mankind. But since man is naturally flawed, the strongest parts of mankind are greed, suffering, anger, etc. Therefore, The Idea is essentially "evil" in this respect. This is mentioned in the lost chapter. Ask around, someone might have it.
"God" is also called "The Idea of Evil" on this board i believe.
2. Well, since Guts now has a little witch following him around (literally), the witch (Sheirke) can summon elementals to aid Guts and Co. Also, many of the weapons that Guts and Co. have are magically powered by elementals i believe.

Griffith however, DOES have "demons" a.k.a apostles working for him, he is, after all, the incarnation of Femto.

I hope that answers your questions

btw, how far are you into the manga?

CharlieNash

wow thanks for the quick and friendly reply! I'm currently on the 22nd volume, recently finished the arc with the veiny faced priest(creeepy :eek: ) and it had me wondering about those questions

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I think you can compare Miura's God Idea of Evil and the Idea which was predominant in Hegel or Spinoza's philosophy, I don't quite remember, being deep in exams these days. You should make a search about it, I remember having found many similarities not long ago, but well my head is fucked-up this evening. ^^
Guil

CharlieNash said:
Hi, I recently just got into Berserk and enjoy it alot but I have a few questions:
1.In the whole scheme of things what exactly is God's role in the series?
I'm getting confused because sometimes judging from the statements the demons make it seems like the writers have it that they're somewhat working for him. Sorry if this has been asked before or if I'm completely off my rocker.
:-X

People had magic to help them like we have technology today and perhaps even better...
Things perhaps were cool but something happened and things changed. A religion that banned magic came on to dominate in the human culture.
Actually, the magic powers that worked for mankind and helped it prosper, got twisted. Humanity got in a period of suffering with the prospect of the hawk of light coming one day and changing things...
The necromancers are a bunch of wizards-demons that have been maipolating the magic onto the dark period. They call themselves Godhand...
These are Void, Slann, Ubik and Conrad
They have also donated super powers to Griffith, making of him an uber charismatic "demon" that humanity should be recognizing right now as the hawk of light...

Hope this helps

CharlieNash said:
wow thanks for the quick and friendly reply! I'm currently on the 22nd volume,

You are still 4 volume behind the current one, or 6 volume behind the current pace...

CharlieNash

Just got to the part with the Berserk armor: It is so friggin' cool! Man I love this series, and thanks again for your quick and kind responses.

Rayyantis

The Black Swordsman
Hi........ ;D
I have a question too..... :p

- is there any difference between the Japanese manga(the original) and the English version...? ???
- I meas will be there any difference in the story and stuff..? ???
- And to which Book the English version is available...? ???

THANX... ;D

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Rayyantis said:
Hi........  ;D
I have a question too.....  :p

- is there any difference between the Japanese manga(the original) and the English version...? ???

THANX...  ;D
As far as I know, there aren't any major differences story wise between the english and japanese manga, so far anyway.

And because of the way you worded your next question I'm not sure what your asking, but If your asking what volume were up to in the states Volume four just came out not too long ago.

Or, if your asking how many volumes dark horse has liscenesd, I think they have up to twelve, but berserk's sucess pending they will probablly release them all... eventually.

Rayyantis said:
Hi........  ;D
I have a question too.....  :p

THANX...  ;D

As Mejumi Nomiko said there has been no real differences between the English and Japanese version. Same art, same words (just from Japanese to English, but still pretty much the same thing is said like in any translated Manga or Anime)

Rayyantis

The Black Swordsman
As far as I know, there aren't any major differences story wise between the english and japanese manga, so far anyway.

And because of the way you worded your next question I'm not sure what your asking, but If your asking what volume were up to in the states Volume four just came out not too long ago.

Or, if your asking how many volumes dark horse has liscenesd, I think they have up to twelve, but berserk's sucess pending they will probablly release them all... eventually

Thanxs you were quite helpeful.... mmmmmmmm.... so I can have Beresrk maga as comics at last...... ;D
it's a wonderful thing to treasure, instead of saving them in the hard disk and CDs...
and how long do u think that the black horse will take to release all the volumes.... 1-28...?

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Rayyantis said:
Thanxs you were quite helpeful.... mmmmmmmm.... so I can have Beresrk maga as comics at last......  ;D
it's a wonderful thing to treasure, instead of saving them in the hard disk and CDs...
and how long do u think that the black horse will take to release all the volumes.... 1-28...?
If they continue releasing them at the current rate, from volumes 4-28 since those are the ones out, I'd say about seven years.

Rayyantis

The Black Swordsman
If they continue releasing them at the current rate, from volumes 4-28 since those are the ones out, I'd say about seven years.
eek2.gif

OH...MY.......................... GOD....
THE HELL WITH THE BLACK HORSE.......
grumble.gif

small questions.... I read the lost chapter... I had 1-18 pages... I don't know if there r more or not... but I have questions:
- REALLY I didn't get it.... Why did Girrifith become Femto...?
- "The Idea"... What is this really... and what created it...?

PLZ I need reasonable answers, not only copying the same words from the manga...!!! ::)

THNX.. ;D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Rayyantis said:
small questions.... I read the lost chapter... I had 1-18 pages... I don't know if there r more or not... but I have questions:
- REALLY I didn't get it.... Why did Girrifith become Femto...?
Griffith became Femto to get cherry ice cream, but to more importantly fully realize his dream.  He felt that in his state he was in no condition to obtain his dream, but instead a burden to those who wished for him to fufil it. 
Rayyantis said:
- "The Idea"... What is this really... and what created it...?

PLZ I need reasonable answers, not only copying the same words from the manga...!!!  ::)
The Idea of evil Is a peculiar entity that thrives of the subconceise desires of mankind.  He was created by human desires for purpose for life, and thus Idea was born to then plot peoples paths through heavy influence.
Umm, I think this is as good as I can explain. :-\

But if your looking for more it looks like walter explains many questions about the idea of evil at
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2895.0
Hope this board can help you find the answers you seek.

Rayyantis

The Black Swordsman
Griffith became Femto to get cherry ice cream, but to more importantly fully realize his dream.  He felt that in his state he was in no condition to obtain his dream, but instead a burden to those who wished for him to fufil it. 
That's what every body know... But Giriffith semmed CONFUSED for the first time...!!!!!
I don't know... But he didn't seem the Giriffith I know...!!!

The Idea of evil Is a peculiar entity that thrives of the subconceise desires of mankind.  He was created by human desires for purpose for life, and thus Idea was born to then plot peoples paths through heavy influence.
Umm, I think this is as good as I can explain.
U did graet... That's what I understood, so I wanted to make sure....
U guys r the best.....
thumb.gif

OTHER QUESTIONS:
-What the hell with the new Girifith...?
I mean Gutts did it with Caska, then Giriffith did with her ========> an ugly creature was born... An ugly apostle(the big behlet) raise it to make Giriffith 2.... WHAT THE......!!!!!!!
I REALLY DIDN'T GET IT....
How come....??
Giriffith 2 still a mystery for me.... Did Femto really ment to make Giriffith2...? He insulted humliate Gutts + made Griffith2...???
WHO THE FUCK DOES HE THINK HE IS....!!!!!!!!
FEMTO
030.gif
.......???????????????????????? SO WHAT.....!!!!!!!
WE HAVE GUTTS......
mwah.gif

- Why do all the legends follow Giriffith2...??
What's the secret...??
I can stand them all.......... But not This man.......!!!!
irvine.gif

Irvine is a very cool man.... He stole my heart from the first sight...
SHOCKED.gif

Why him..... Why.... Why.....
all_coholic.gif

Thanx... ;D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Rayyantis said:
No, I mean it guys....

-What the hell with the new Girifith...?
Well for alot of your questions just search the boards for your answer, many have been answered in the past. Two good boards who have asked simular questions are
Eclipses and festivils
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2165.msg40774#msg40774
and Grifith
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1569.msg28650#msg28650
These will more or less explain that the festival that is approx. every 1000 years is a regular occurance of the godhand, and that griffith2 as you put it is noothing more than griffiths new form.
Rayyantis said:
- Why do all the legends follow Giriffith2...??
Do you remember the people's visions of the white hawk?
Nough said!

Rayyantis

The Black Swordsman
Well for alot of your questions just search the boards for your answer,
many have been answered in the past. Two good boards who have asked simular questions are
Eclipses and festivils
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2165.msg40774#msg40774
and Grifith
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1569.msg28650#msg28650
These will more or less explain that the festival that is approx. every 1000 years is a regular occurance of the godhand, and that griffith2 as you put it is noothing more than griffiths new form.
ahaaaaaa.... I see now... Thanks alot man... that solve alot of stuff couse head-ech... ;)

Do you remember the people's visions of the white hawk?
Nough said!
mmmmmmmmm... I'm not sure about this one... their reputaion...?
then why didn't Zod join him in the beginning in the cave when he fought him... He knew about their reputation...
I think maybe they join them coz the God Hands said so... coz there are no other reason except that... Right...? ;)

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Rayyantis said:
mmmmmmmmm... I'm not sure about this one... their reputaion...?
then why didn't Zod join him in the beginning in the cave when he fought him... He knew about their reputation...
I think maybe they join them coz the God Hands said so... coz there are no other reason except that... Right...? ;)
Read volume 17, this is where the people are having the visions of the white hawk decending upon them, and where Zodd then has a Confrontation with the white hawk and looses his horn. This has nothing to do with the Band of the hawks reputaton.

Top Bottom