Coloring info

initialdproject

I'm stalking you....
I see that alot of people here like to color manga for fun. I was just wondering a few things about the people who do.
Like what programs do you use?
Do you have any special hardwere you use, like a digital pad and pen?
And the last pressing question for me is how much time on avaragedo you spend coloring one pic.

Feel free to add more, such as any tutorials you use and the like.

Thanks in advance. ;D

Photoshop is good, or Gimp. A digitizing tablet is a good investment, makes stuff go much faster. It takes a couple hours to color something. There is a pretty good tutorial on how to create a transparent outline here: www.paintpixel.com. Once you can seperate the white from a black and white drawing, it makes coloring it much easier.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
For me, photoshop all the way. Gimp is a simpler tool, but i need the tech of photoshop to make my pictures look good at all. Photoshop might be a little confusing at first... (or maybe REALLY confusing), but its easy to get used to and to learn the basics. You should start by using liths tutorial to color scans, its a really good way to learn the basics.

initialdproject

I'm stalking you....
digitizing tablet, is that like what I said? Oh good tip, I understand, I was tring to color over the white...
The other tools I was wondering about are stuff like coral drawl and high end stuff I guess. examples found at: http://www.photoshoptoday.com/

But I know the most about photoshop. Took a class called digital art in school, and it was nice. I never really explored the program enough though.
May I ask where liths tutorial is. I checked the artwork thread but didn't see a link.

BiQ_

" ... "
I use gimp. I haven't yet discovered what Photoshop would offer that I would need... better color-management/syncronizing stuff, for example, is totally irrelevant for my needs. Mostly it is a bit kludgey UI with Apple's X11 and gimp-app bundle that is giving me little cripes. With having to settle for 1024x768 resolution on my iBook, it does slow me down a bit. But all the most important tech features seem to be in place, even if in a little different place than Photoshop.

Of course, I have really not that much of experience with it yet, so this might change.

Top Bottom