what's an "artist proof" art-of-war statue?

Hellooo!

Just wondering if anyone knows what an "artist proof" statue is compared to the normal Japanese releases...

Are they different/better in quality? Same or maybe worse???

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

bluegaiga

I'm a llama!
"Artist Proof" could have serveral explanations:

1. The first couple statues that were made and colored to the standard that approved by the original sculptor, then given to other artists to reproduce during the mass production.

2. The inspection models that pulled out from the middle of mass production to be examed for making sure the quality stays in good form.

These "artist proof" statues usually will not be numbered or included in the limited series, and often either kept as an internal piece around employees, artists, or given as a demo or gift to the company's VIP's.

It is said that the Artist Proof model sometimes has better painted job over the mass production ones.....

p.s. Hello everyone, glad to find such a dedicated forum for Berserk... This is my first post, hoping that I can contribute some of my knowledge about the matter... please add on or correct if needed... ;)

Ahhh... thanks! Another forum member PMed me also and told me the same thing you did, so I'm pretty sure that's right. =) I'm glad then, because I'll be getting a few artist proof statues in the next few days/week. When I get them I'll post some pictures! I can't wait!

JIN

Yudanero...
bluegaiga said:
"Artist Proof" could have serveral explanations:

1. The first couple statues that were made and colored to the standard that approved by the original sculptor, then given to other artists to reproduce during the mass production.

2. The inspection models that pulled out from the middle of mass production to be examed for making sure the quality stays in good form.

These "artist proof" statues usually will not be numbered or included in the limited series, and often either kept as an internal piece around employees, artists, or given as a demo or gift to the company's VIP's.

It is said that the Artist Proof model sometimes has better painted job over the mass production ones.....

p.s. Hello everyone, glad to find such a dedicated forum for Berserk... This is my first post, hoping that I can contribute some of my knowledge about the matter... please add on or correct if needed... ;)

Very informative indeed. The "artist Proof" question has surfaced no doubt due to the recent ebay listings w/ "artist proof" & "prototype". One seller "738un" is very reputable, and I have made purchases from seller long ago. I dont believe that these seller's are misleading Ebayers as to their items legitimacy(as official AOW statues), but its "rarity" per say is indeed a matter of question.
I proposed a similar question to a friend in Japan familiar w/ AOW & to Our Esteemed Lady Charlotte a while back. Both were in agreement that Legitimate "prototypes" almost never(almost ofcourse) resurface, the artist keep them most of the time(nostalgia or collectible reasons). Also a prototype & an artist proof item are 2 different things. Seller 738un offered to sell me some "prototype" Berserk statues sometime ago. These same "prototype" statues are the very ones listed on Ebay recently. My point is that a seller will describe an item as irresistably possible to attract buyers(if honest there is no harm there), but if it's genuinely a "rare" or "limited" item it will say so on the AOW box(w/ a silver or gold "exclusive or Limited Edition, or even Tru Exclusive sticker above the serial #) and yes in a statue's case it will be numbered.Hope that helps some. :)

Happy Collecting!

An Artist proof statue is basically a statue that has been inspected by the artist and meets quality.

It's usually very good taken care of in production and such and contains the artists signature.

Also artist proof statues are generally lmited editions.

Like for example the Marvel collectors club statues. I have a Psylocke Artist proof state which of only 250 were made, compared to the like 2500 regular ones.

Top Bottom