Episode 243

Judo said:
...but also that Serpico is developing his own new reasons to protect the ones near him, because the way to "wrap himself in Farnese's dark repose" no longer exists...
True, but still Farnese provides the most reasons for any of his moves, the reason why he joined the group along with her, the reason he has resentments against Guts, to me this still makes him her dog.
When he acts completely independant, out of his own will, he would no more be her dog, he would not be tied to her any longer. And I don't think that he will ever be able to cut all ties completely with her.

Judo

Midlands finest
akikaze said:
True, but still Farnese provides the most reasons for any of his moves, the reason why he joined the group along with her, the reason he has resentments against Guts, to me this still makes him her dog.
When he acts completely independant, out of his own will, he would no more be her dog, he would not be tied to her any longer. And I don't think that he will ever be able to cut all ties completely with her.
It's not that kind of perverted addiction that it was before. For me, he already acts out of his own will.
Most of Guts` actions are also based on protecting Casca... would you call him her dog?
What should Serpico do? Live as a hermit?

Serpico is so linked to Farnese because his dedication to her also holds his excuse of burning his mother...
Hopefully the monsters he has seen and fought so far will have changed his considerations...but I ain't that sure
The fact with Serpico is that he is an opportunist:
But what his opportunity of self-fulfillment will then be if he breaks bonds with Farnese?

DemonX said:
Maybe in the distant future serpico can be a canidate to become an apostle?

certainly more plausible that the egg drops on him rather Farnese IMO (if the egg is to be dropped on somebody of the team)...at least Farnese finds a self-fullfilment helping handicapped people
What Serpico will find if he loses Farnese?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Smith said:
Cant you see what i am trying to mean? ::)

Just like Walts once said, "yeah she alive and kicking"

What you were trying to say isn't valid; it's probable that Azan will return to the story at some point, possibly in Vritannis. Roshinu ain't coming back.

-Griffith

P.S. Where's Therisia!?

I'm wondering if we'll see any problems with farnese, serpico, and guts possibly encountering the knights of the holy iron chain in viritanis. There could be some very interesting events with this reunion, especially with this whole shoreline invasion that's occurring. Will they embrace them for being saviors during this attack or will they attempt to arrest them for the events at the tower. Also running around with a witch in a town filled with these heretic hunters isn't the best thing.

Just throwing those thoughts out there.

namayias said:
I'm wondering if we'll see any problems with farnese, serpico, and guts possibly encountering the knights of the holy iron chain in viritanis. There could be some very interesting events with this reunion, especially with this whole shoreline invasion that's occurring. Will they embrace them for being saviors during this attack or will they attempt to arrest them for the events at the tower. Also running around with a witch in a town filled with these heretic hunters isn't the best thing.

Just throwing those thoughts out there.

Unless the HICKs got totally restocked with noble's son's, I think they got wiped out at the second eclipse, since there weren't any HICKs with Azan, and Silatt said those were the only survivors (though of course he didn't see Azan coming at the time). I'm sure there are other divisions of the vatican's armed forces, but the HICKs are toast I think =x

akikaze said:
And I don't think that he will ever be able to cut all ties completely with her.

Basically, since Farneze and Serpico are brother and sister, I don't know why he would completely cut ties whith her? Maybe become a bit more independent, but I see no problem with him wanting to protect her.
That's probably why he had such an angry look when Guts tried to attack them?! :-\

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Tanma said:
Maybe control him against the Hawks like they are doing with the big crocodiles? :p

You should learn what sarcasm is sometime.

Edit: You should also know more about Walter. If he posts like that, he's more then likely making fun of someone.

Judo said:
It's not that kind of perverted addiction that it was before. For me, he already acts out of his own will.
Yeah, but what you call own will is still too clinched to Farneses decisions for me. He's always the passive one who is following and protecting her like a dog would do. I don't say that's a bad thing, Serpico just should be more than that I think.

Judo said:
Most of Guts` actions are also based on protecting Casca... would you call him her dog?
His actions are based upon his will to protect her and to cure her eventually. Taking revenge on Griffith is still his main ambition. But he decided to take her along with him on his way. Hes anything but not her dog.

asmer said:
Basically, since Farneze and Serpico are brother and sister, I don't know why he would completely cut ties whith her? Maybe become a bit more independent, but I see no problem with him wanting to protect her.
I too don't see any problem, I'm just calling him her dog.

asmer said:
That's probably why he had such an angry look when Guts tried to attack them?! :-\
Yes that's right, just tell me why you aren't making any statements, but asking questions all the time. Are you so unsure? ???

akikaze said:
His actions are based upon his will to protect her and to cure her eventually. Taking revenge on Griffith is still his main ambition. But he decided to take her along with him on his way.

I don't think so. Back at when Griffith was reborn, Guts had to chose between revenge and protecting Casca. And he chose to protect her.
Since then, I think his main goal is to protect her, by taking her to a safe place. After that, maybe he will go back after Griffith?!

asmer said:
After that, maybe he will go back after Griffith?!
Yes. Under the condition to bring Casca to a safe place first...before that he didn't care about what Casca was going through, an that he left her alone, now he does. So what's his main goal after all? Taking revenge, right?

akikaze said:
Yes. Under the condition to bring Casca to a safe place first...before that he didn't care about what Casca was going through, an that he left her alone, now he does. So what's his main goal after all? Taking revenge, right?

I guess it's a matter of perspective... It's been a certain amount of weeks (months probably) that Guts has left Godo's mine to reach Elfhelm, without taking care about where Griffith was, or going after Apostles. His only goal right now is to lead Casca to a safe place.

Guts has been evolving quite a lot since the time he was only seeking revenge (his so-called Black Swordsman period), but since he realized what it costed him, I think he has changed!? He isn't the same as he was then, he now cares about Casca, as well as about his new found companions. You couldn't have missed this evolution of Guts' character, could you?

asmer said:
You couldn't have missed this evolution of Guts' character, could you?
No, I did not miss this evolution. But I'll ask again, what is his main Goal after all? Taking revenge on Griffith. That he wandered around for several weaks or months does not change his main goal.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
akikaze said:
No, I did not miss this evolution. But I'll ask again, what is his main Goal after all? Taking revenge on Griffith. That he wandered around for several weaks or months does not change his main goal.
Even Guts may not be so sure of that anymore. The situation has become more complicated. I think this recent arc showed, more than anything, Guts is flirting with death everytime he fights, and he is forced to rely on his companions to keep him alive. He can't walk his path alone anymore, as he did as The Black Swordsman.

"Morning, guys. I thought today we'd take down the White Hawk General Griffith and his massive, three-thousand-apostle army. Sounds like fun, eh?"

Walter said:
Even Guts may not be so sure of that anymore. The situation has become more complicated. I think this recent arc showed, more than anything, Guts is flirting with death everytime he fights, and he is forced to rely on his companions to keep him alive. He can't walk his path alone anymore, as he did as The Black Swordsman.
That's why I'm so damn exited about the things that await the group in Elfhelm...and that's what remebers me of the fact that we have to wait two months for he next chapter. -_-" Which most likely is the start of a long Storyline that takes place in Vritanis...bye bye Elfhelm, we'll see you in vol 30...*sigh* Waiting is torture...

Top Bottom