Episode 243

nir085

Horse and Armor
dwarfkicker said:
Miura needs the break after all the hard work he puts in.
Even so, going from producing a chapter every 2 weeks to taking 3 months to produce a chapter is kind of ridiculous. I know a bunch of people here will instantly hate me for saying something slightly mean about Miura...but this is what, the 3rd time it's been delayed over an already long period of time? I hope Miura had a good summer, but I also hope these kind of breaks don't happen for a really long time. At least we can at least look forward to a really amazing, thought-provoking chapter.

M

medievald00d

nir085 said:
Even so, going from producing a chapter every 2 weeks to taking 3 months to produce a chapter is kind of ridiculous. I know a bunch of people here will instantly hate me for saying something slightly mean about Miura...but this is what, the 3rd time it's been delayed over an already long period of time? I hope Miura had a good summer, but I also hope these kind of breaks don't happen for a really long time. At least we can at least look forward to a really amazing, thought-provoking chapter.
Well, everyone needs a vacation every now and again right? Sometimes he might have writers block too. What are you gonna do then?

But it really pains us after waiting for so long...

Unless the next chapter he is going to release 2 or 3 chapters at one go, i dont really see why he is taking that long

Majin Tenshi said:
compare the amount of time Miura takes vacations with the current President (of teh USA)

lol I've never heard truer words. ;D

Oh and does anyone know if Miura is "checking" on the PS2 Berserk game development, I mean it's based on his work. Plus he worked closely with the same team when they did the Dreamcast game (Miura wrote the story for the game).

Smith said:
Unless the next chapter he is going to release 2 or 3 chapters at one go
i dont really see why he is taking that long
You didn't spend much time thinking about it either, huh?
It was quite a busy year for him. The trading card game, the PlayStation 2 game... Plus he moved, recently.
And of course, he has to take some time to plan ahead, once in a while.

ZODDGUTSU said:
Oh and does anyone know if Miura is "checking" on the PS2 Berserk game development
Yes, he is. As a matter of fact, he wrote some new stuff for the game.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Olivier Hague said:
And of course, he has to take some time to plan ahead, once in a while.

Sure, I hope he does not think of the story for the next chapter when he finish one... Most of what is going to happen next is planned, but he also need to find a cool way to expose it... He is not writing a book and sometimes drawing is far more difficult to show what you wanted to make understand...

nir085 said:
Even so, going from producing a chapter every 2 weeks to taking 3 months to produce a chapter is kind of ridiculous.
Smith said:
But it really pains us after waiting for so long... Unless the next chapter he is going to release 2 or 3 chapters at one go, i dont really see why he is taking that long

Those 2 comments proves that you guys are selfish. Stop reading berserk and do better than him if you are not pleased of what he does. The man need vacantion for fuck sake, you have 3 fucking month between schools year and you are probably comlaining because you don't have enough, so what about him ? He's probably working 50+ hours per week whole year long and he's taking a 4 week break now, shut up already.

What tells you he's not working now ?(Like Olivier said) Probably he's putting his ideas together for the next chapters, because if don't do it you will be criticizing about the plot and everything else, you won't be happy anyways.

nir085 said:
I know a bunch of people here will instantly hate me for saying something slightly mean about Miura...
Yep you are right about that because you should think about him and his work instead of yourself and your personal entertainment.

nir085 said:
Even so, going from producing a chapter every 2 weeks to taking 3 months to produce a chapter is kind of ridiculous.
Keep in mind that Miura doesn't HAVE to produce anything at all.....he CHOOSES to. Be happy the series is still going....because he could've stop anytime he wanted to....it is his creation. When you've created a manga that lasts over ten years, gets 2 videogame adaptations, and an anime based off of it, and is as amazing as Berserk, THEN...and ONLY THEN will you have earned the right to bitch about the pace which Miura is going. That's only if you can do it faster without ever taking a break within those 10 years. Otherwise.....deal with it.

Shurikn said:
Stop reading berserk and do better than him if you are not pleased of what he does. The man need vacantion for fuck sake, you have 3 fucking month between schools year and you are probably comlaining because you don't have enough, so what about him ? He's probably working 50+ hours per week whole year long and he's taking a 4 week break now, shut up already.
Yep you are right about that because you should think about him and his work instead of yourself and your personal entertainment.

And what the fuck had i said anything that harmed you? I am just disappointed that he postponed his release that all, who doesnt feel that way here? As long as you are a fan of berserk you will definitely feel disappointed and why? Precisely because we admire his imagination and his masterpiece that all!!! Bear that in mind waiting impatiently is one thing, showing no interest is another thing... Furthermore what make you think i am fucking piss at him? Who the fuck are you to put words in my mouth, he is my idol for fucking godsake!

Now STFU is you dont know what other people really meant! >:(

[To the rest] Now guys we all had to admit that we harbor selfishness no matter how good we are, we only care for ourselves and this is something which majority agree... I admit i have shown selfishless and i apologise for posting such comment as I did it in a moment of foolishness... Especially after reading through what olivier said and i had to appreciate he is goddamn busy, but please bear in mind that I am not complaining and either am i saying he is not working at all... Now what i just hope is that the new coming chapter will be super badness so that the time extended will not disappointed any one of us... :)

P.S I seriously do hope this also clarify some misunderstand here and if we possible we just forget this matter and wait quietly for the release of 244 ok?... Not point quarrelling now as no amount of words will change the release date right? ;)

Smith said:
Now what i just hope is that the new coming chapter will be super badness

Don't want to sound like a selfish bastard, but I personally do hope there won't be THAT much badness in the next episode...

asmer said:
Don't want to sound like a selfish bastard, but I personally do hope there won't be THAT much badness in the next episode...

Weird why would you think this way? ???

We just hope, it is different from expectation ;)

I don't mind the break, either. Taking time off is good, otherwise you can feel burned out. Having come off a year of writer's block myself, I can't tell you how bad that can feel...

Breaks aren't at all unusual. Vagabond just went on hiatus, Kazuya Minekura takes breaks on Saiyuki, and it's been nearly a year since there's been any new Bastard!! chapters in Ultra Jump... though I worry Hagiwara is feeling burned out with his story and may not finish it.  :-\

I understand disappointment, but don't begrudge the guy a chance to recharge the creative batteries. Being creative is a lot harder than it looks.

And this just gives me a chance to catch up on Vagabond and re-read Rebirth...

I suddenly had this question to ask...

What if the next chapter show the aftermath of the Tree house and the battle with Flora and Grunbeld? I know I am being paranoid but after such a long break how u know Muira will still continue focusing on Guts and his band?

Somehow i feel the sudden delay might be due to the last minute twist or modification made by Muira in his new chapter... :-\

Top Bottom