Slan & Guts

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
there are many examples of slann's personal interest in Guts, in fact every time she meets him she comments on him while the rest of the godhand seems rather indifferent. is it love, lust, or does she just want to use him? it's quite a coincidence that the only female member of the godhand has taken a shine to him, so i dont think she has plans to use him for anything but sex or love. their encounter in qulipnoth, though disguting and vile, was actually quite romantic. i'd like to learn more about the godhand because since they are not god himself, they must have their weaknesses. perhaps slann is lonely. if i were Guts, i'd go for it. she's gorgeous when she's not made of entrails.

skeletonmf

Re:slann & gatsu

whatever that troll cave was called. when gatsu impales her on the sword, you dont think that was sexual to her?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

I know what u were referring to... but what the fuck! Romantic isn't exactly the word for slann and guts... Slann is obsessed with sex and thats the way she is. Romantic has nothing to do with it.

BiQ_

" ... "

Am I really taking this seriously?

skeletonmf said:
there are many examples of slann's personal interest in gatsu, in fact every time she meets him she comments on him while the rest of the godhand seems rather indifferent. is it love, lust, or does she just want to use him?

IIRC, the god hand and Idea itself derive their power from negative/violent emotions of humankind. Seeing as Guts has recently started to keep his violent emotions at bay because of the beast, it would seem logical to me that slann would want to get him to give in his darker self since that essentially means giving up to the beast, who is not exactly the poster child for anger management. Was that really a sentence?

it's quite a coincidence that the only female member of the godhand has taken a shine to him, so i dont think she has plans to use him for anything but sex or love. their encounter in qulipnoth, though disguting and vile, was actually quite romantic.

While I don't exactly think that "romantic" had very much to do with that scene, I have to admit I fell off my chair from laughing when reading it, because even in berserk I rarely get to see this blatant Freudian sword-penis allegories.

i'd like to learn more about the godhand because since they are not god himself, they must have their weaknesses.

Well, it would seem that the defining charasteristic for persons getting to join the club is desire/greed/passion. And nothing suggests (to me at least) that they would be outside the boundaries of fate. This might have some implications, but for a human person to utilize these "weaknesses" effectively against the god hand themselves smells like delusions of grandeur at best.

perhaps slann is lonely.

* BiQ-- hugs slann. "There, there."

if i were gatsu, i'd go for it. she's gorgeous when she's not made of entrails.

Commiting into a romantic relationship with a person who reportedly has fed his/her most loved ones to demons is not exactly what I would call a bright idea. There's this "attitude" thing too, you know.

Slann finds Guts facinating, and probably uses him the same way we would use a computer game to play with when we are bored.
It's something that would have to be considered affection for him but Love wouldnt be the right word for it in my eyes.

To me what makes her so fucked up is that she is ambivalent....morbidly fucking ambivalent.
"Ohhh my chest swells up with love, hate, pleasure, pain, life, death..."
What she says to him in Qliphoth makes isn't much better either, If I were Guts I would try harder to keep my distance from her.

DarkDragoon said:
I'd bang her.

Yeah and if you did it in front of a video camera you would end up famous on the net as well, because if she likes to do what she did to Guts for pleasure always you would be the victim of one of the most messed up snuff videos on the net.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Slan has many parallels to Succubus (succubi?). It's in her nature to try to arouse men, or whoever comes in her path.

skeletonmf

i know the godhand derive power from negative emmotions, which is why when they create a demon, they just tell it to do whatever it wants on earth. love can be a very negative thing too. all i'm saying is i would find it interesting to see demi-gods fall for mere mortals in berserk. it happens all the time in greek mythology, so why the hell not? i'd say for slann, not gatsu, what went on in that cave was pretty damn romantic. as for poor gatts, he was just trying to get out of that situation with his life.

ROMANTIC: conducive to or suitable for lovemaking

she's sick. so if she is capable of feeling love she would probably find that romantic. but whatever.

BiQ, i hope youre not taking it seriously. it's just a message board.

skeletonmf

"Slan has many parallels to Succubus (succubi?). It's in her nature to try to arouse men, or whoever comes in her path.

Excellent comparison. "

indeed. but i dont think many come across her path. i think she chooses maybe a select few and comes across their path when she sees fit. what other human besides gatsu would she even bother with? she obviously wants to see what a human like that could do if endowed with supernatural powers. since she's a female, she may be looking for a suitable mate to pass the boredom of living for centuries with very few equals except the other members of the godhand. if i had to guess, each member is more concerned with their own agenda, which is why i think she may be particularly lonely. slann especially fasinates me. ever since i got into berserk i've been wondering what makes her tick.

A lewd female demon or goblin which takes on the illusory appearance of a female human being and seeks sexual intercourse with men, usually while they are asleep.

The princess of all the succubi (plural) is Nahemah. Its male counterpart is called Incubus. A semi-human offspring is called Cambion.

According to the view of most medieval theologians, incubi outnumbered succubi by nine to one, but the ladies made up in menace for what they lacked in numbers by being alluring and persuasive, using their considerable charms to seduce men and lead them to eternal damnation.

Hmm um yea I can see where your coming from, however I don't think she feels anything special for Guts, especially not love.

Now when skull knight showed up and asked if she was the only one summoned, she said no, she came because she wanted to meet Guts. This makes me think yea she has some interest in him. He's obviously not your average human, she probably wanted to see what he was all about, But love, no. I don't think so. Actually, If skully had not shown up, I think she would have killed him.

As far as her being a succubus goes... There's got to be a morning after... ;D

Maybe she had tried to bang SK but eventually she give up as SK is just a skeleton, thus turning his attention toward Guts LOL

I had to admit that she is sick, she said something like "Ahhh... this is something i wanted for so long" when she push Guts down with her wing, and she also said this to SK: "Why do u disturb when i am mating with a human, because you wan to join us also?"

I cant translate it well, but i m sure what she say is erotic

skeletonmf

Shouki Slann said:
Hmm um yea I can see where your coming from, however I don't think she feels anything special for Guts, especially not love.

Now when skull knight showed up and asked if she was the only one summoned, she said no, she came because she wanted to meet Guts. This makes me think yea she has some interest in him. He's obviously not your average human, she probably wanted to see what he was all about, But love, no. I don't think so. Actually, If skully had not shown up, I think she would have killed him.

i know it kinda seems silly that i think slann of all people would fall in love with him, but in berserk you have to expect the unexpected. when i try to figure out what's going to happen next, i hit closer to home when i consider unlikely twists in the story. i dont think she wanted him dead. i'm pretty sure she could have killed him in the blink of an eye, and what use would she have killing him? if she's as fasinated with gatsu as i think she is, then she would most definetly try to keep him around. since volume 2, i figured her main purpose in the story is to try to get gatsu to join the dark side. i think that's why she came to see him and i think she wanted him to become so desperate during their encounter in qulipnoth that he would make a sacrifice and become an apostle.

"all sarcasm aside, that boy's lifeforce is really very strong!"-during the eclipse

"think if he joined us! mmmm!"-volume 2

"do you want to make a sacrifice?", (after she was impaled by the dragon slayer)"mmm, youre wonderful darling."- volume 26

of course these are rough translations, but my point remains. what else does mr. miura reveal about her besides her interest for gatsu? very little, but this is what we do know.

1:she's a woman. women tend to get bored quite easily, especially if there are no decent men around. i think she also said something about the rest of god's hand going off on their own agenda in volume 26. they most likely pay very little attention to her, though probably adequate mates if they do mate with her. even strong women are very sensitive deep down inside.

2: she's attracted to gatsu, i'm sure we can all agree on that. and her intent is to make him at least an apostle. probably so he's more on her level.

3: she's witnessed gatsu's passion and devotion to caska. you think anyone worthy feels as strongly for her as gatsu feels for caska? if a human would go through that for another human, think of what a demon like that would do for a god.

4: she's obviously intrigued by emmotions like love. as well as hatred, jealousy, death, life, birth.....well, you get the idea. her chest wells up with it.

well anyway, that's why i think she may be in love (or something very similar) with gatsu. even though some of you think it's a rediculous notion.

I personally am aware of the whole situation you mentioned, and she does have affections for him but not Love, certainly not.

Truth is whether he died at the eclipse (which was very expected) or when he came close to death after trying to kill Femto in volume 3 she speculated on if he could become a Godhand also but after taking him for dead you could tell she didn't give a shit.

If he had died in volume 26 because Skully didn't show up which was not far off with such a deep wound the only emotion she would have shown at most is a bit of disappointment for not being able to have more fun, thats it.

Not Love, undoubtably not Love.

Sparnage said:
she speculated on if he could become a Godhand also but after taking him for dead you could tell she didn't give a shit.

Somehow you can see that she wanted Guts to sacrifice something to become an apostle...

True... Slann has no love for Guts, it is just like cat playing with mouse when it caught one before killing it

skeletonmf

Sparnage said:
I personally am aware of the whole situation you mentioned, and she does have affections for him but not Love, certainly not.

Truth is whether he died at the eclipse (which was very expected) or when he came close to death after trying to kill Femto in volume 3 she speculated on if he could become a Godhand also but after taking him for dead you could tell she didn't give a shit.

If he had died in volume 26 because Skully didn't show up which was not far off with such a deep wound the only emotion she would have shown at most is a bit of disappointment for not being able to have more fun, thats it.

Not Love, undoubtably not Love.

well, i'm sure there's more to her than meets the eye. it's not like a goddess like herself would be open about mourning over the loss of a human. or perhaps to her she feels death is a fortunate thing to happen to an individual. think about it. gatsu now treads in between the realms of the dead and the living. we all know that in berserk, when youre dead doesnt mean you dont exsist anymore. she'd probably get more of a chance to see him if he was a ghost, of course then there would be no way he would become an apostle. whatever it is, i think at least the seeds of something meaningful have been planted and will slowly blossom as the story moves on.

it's funny. discussing berserk is like discussing the bible, only more fun because the story is much more entertaining (and makes alot more sense).

skeletonmf said:
i think at least the seeds of something meaningful have been planted and will slowly blossom as the story moves on.
Yeah, they say on shit you can grow anything. :D

skeletonmf said:
(and makes alot more sense).
To you, seemingly, a lot more things 'make sense' than to anyone on this board...

ps. Mind the Smilies. ;)

skeletonmf

what really makes no sense to me is the smiles. no one smiles that much when theyre talking. ;D

skeletonmf

hahahaha just cause a chick is smiling, doesnt mean she wants it. you're gonna get in trouble with that kinda thinking.

if slann wanted it, i'd gladly fling myself into the jaws of death just to tap it. as long as she isnt made of trool guts. ewwe.

Top Bottom