God of the rotting roots?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well i was admiring my volume 26, when i realized somthing that has not been brought up before. Who is the god of rotting roots and why the hell is he so important? Is he truly a god? And do you think he will have some importance in the future?

I simply took him for lord of the ground dark parts of the world like Qliphoth, it's a disgusting and dark area so prehaps he has power over such places?

Still I don't think we will see him again anytime soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a God but a spirit, like the one that overflown the Trolls in the village.

There is the "Blessed lord of the north" which I believe is the earth spirit Scherkie brings out while protecting the church, but it couldn't be him. He is more like a different, darker version of it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
By the "Blessed lord of the north" I think you refer to one of the four elemental kings.

The spirit Schierke brings out while protecting the church is the "Lady of the Depths" (a water spirit).

The creature we are talking about is the "Lord of the Rotten Roots".

I did not say that I meant that Lord whateverhescalled, it was meant as an addition to Aazealh's post. That thing's like Undine (Windinu sounds crappy) a spirit representing one of the elements, in this special case it would be earth.

Aazealh said:
By the "Blessed lord of the north" I think you refer to one of the four elemental kings.

I always thought those did have for names: Markto, Athe, Gebra, Gedura, what Schierke says on Page 07 of Episode 240 and on Page 19 of Episode 209, each time she summons the Four Kings!? But I'm not sure, maybe it's nothing like names, but it's only a magical formula to call them?! :-\

Anyway, I agree that this "Lord of the Rotten Roots" is only a lowly powerful spirit, and for sure his role in the series is over. I think it's a common thing for witches/wizards to summon spirits, to help them fight ennemies. I think that was the only purpose of this spirit, here. :-\

Aazealh said:

The spirit Schierke brings out while protecting the church is "Lady of the Depths" (a water spirit).

The creature we are talking about is the "Lord of the Rotten Roots".

And how much difference is there between a being like the elemental king and the Lord of the Rotten Roots aside the power difference and superiority?

Sparnage said:
And how much difference is there between a being like the elemental king and the Lord of the Rotten Roots aside the power difference and superiority?

Maybe their different strength levels is enough for a difference?! I mean, on the one hand, the power of the Four Kings is able to set a huge perimeter where no "spiritual creatures" can enter, while, on the other hand, the Lord of the Rotten Roots as well as the Lady of the Depths, seem to be able only to interact with the physical field, by "invocating" a particular force of nature (like water or fire). At least that's how I understand it!? :-\

And to me that's quite a big difference, which justifies that they be put in two separate categories, I guess. On the basis of their particular powers.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:

Well, I think that the spirit can only be summoned in a specific place that has a relation to him (the "Lady of the Depths" was worshipped in Enoch village, and the Qliphoth fits the "Lord of the Rotten Roots" quite well IMHO) while the Elemental kings can seemingly lend their power as they want.

There's also probably a difference in the kind of things they can do, that spirit's power is likely to be limited to the action of making things decay for example, while the 4 Kings must have a wider panel of abilities.

I think it's kind of safe to assume that the difference of power between them could be compared to the difference of power between the apostles and the God Hand members.

Of course, there's not that much information on them for now, so that's just an "educated opinion".

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
well when you say "rotten roots" that usually means it's not a noble thing, sounds more like a parasitic spirit from the name.

Well does all this elementals/spirits/kings had anything to do with Godhand? Does those Elemental represent the good side while GH evil? Or they are just one big gang?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
The Four Elementals are more like Idea in terms of spiritual composition (I think). That is, they represent humanity's underlying beliefs about what shapes the world. Of course, I'm very tired and not remembering anything too clearly right now, so I'm probably wrong on this one. If anyone who has a translation of Schierke's explanation about the Four Kings would put in their two cents' worth, we can debate this more clearly.

Top Bottom