Volume 27 manga

ZKK said:
Anyone know if there's any more coloured lift outs in this volume?

Seeing as though I managed to get my hands on the poster of that cover from Young Animal I thought I'd better try to scan it up and get a reasonable image up for those not so fortunate. But the poster was full of crease lines, and I've only got an A4 scanner so sorry if it looks a little patchy; I tried my best to clean it up and piece it together. Hm, maybe someone here can play around with it and the contrasts and things, I know we have some resident digital art experts here. The original image was around 5500 by 7000 and a pain to work with. Plus it really showed the canvas badly so here's a couple of resized ones... enjoy!

Berserk Armour Poster:

It looks like it was cleaned up nicely, it will become my new desktop backround, thanks ZKK. ;)
From what I can gather it seems when a new cover comes out people here gasp and usually say its one of the best that has ever come out, but I swear this one really is better than most.

ZKK said:
Anyone know if there's any more coloured lift outs in this volume?

Seeing as though I managed to get my hands on the poster of that cover from Young Animal I thought I'd better try to scan it up and get a reasonable image up for those not so fortunate. But the poster was full of crease lines, and I've only got an A4 scanner so sorry if it looks a little patchy; I tried my best to clean it up and piece it together. Hm, maybe someone here can play around with it and the contrasts and things, I know we have some resident digital art experts here. The original image was around 5500 by 7000 and a pain to work with. Plus it really showed the canvas badly so here's a couple of resized ones... enjoy!

Berserk Armour Poster:

WOW ! Nice job ! Thanks ! The colors are really amazing !

Why can't we find any Berserk wall scrolls like this? I have found one that is not bad for a Anime picture but the rest of them are pretty lousy, and this one is ten times better than either. Probably never find one from the Manga, not even on ebay.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Olivier Hague said:
'Got my copy.
The names are romanized.

Guts
Puck
Casca
Farnese
Serpico
Isidro
Schierke
Zodd
Griffith​
Romanized? You mean the characters' names are written with western characters? I didn't even know the Japanese knew english letters ???

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
nir085 said:
Romanized? You mean the characters' names are written with western characters? I didn't even know the Japanese knew english letters ???
I do hope you're just PRETENDING to be stupid... go find a picture that contains a few japanese bill-boards

nir085

Horse and Armor
Majin Tenshi said:
I do hope you're just PRETENDING to be stupid... go find a picture that contains a few japanese bill-boards
Nah, I may just be that stupid. Or not. I've seen Japanese billboards, but translated messages with western characters doesn't mean that the majority of Japan understands western characters, just like there being kana on front of western products doesn't mean that the majority of Americans understand Japanese characters. I assumed Japanese children only learn japanese script and that the Hepburn system (romaji) was made so that westerners could pronounce their language.

But I don't really know that much about japanese culture - that's why I asked for clarification.

Anyways, I'm not arguing with Olivier, or even you, I've just never seen western characters in manga speech bubbles (kind of like not seeing kana/kanji in Marvel speech bubbles...). I always thought the furigana [alone] was used to make the reading easier (or different).

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Well... I believe that English is a required class in the japanese school system, at least in the "good" version of high school.  Since English is the closest thing to the international language, I'd suppose that the average Japanese would have a lot more luck makeing sense of letters then the average American would of makeing sense of kana. 

I'm somewhat certain that "L" is in the raw version of Death Note.  I know that Gantz has used english, even if the writer doesn't have the slightest clue what he's writeing. 

Hows this, I'll show you a few manga covers:
http://www.omanga.net/alive/Alive_cover_small.jpg
http://www.omanga.net/blameen/blame_v1_small.jpg
http://www.omanga.net/blueheaven/blue_heaven_cover_v01_small.jpg
http://www.omanga.net/brothers/bro_v01_small.jpg
http://www.omanga.net/gantz/Gantz_v01_small.jpg

I could go on... (I'm assumeing that you can see those Edit: clicky clicky)

anyways... on topic...
Isidro seems a bit odd to pronounce...  Everything else is prety much as expected. 

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Olivier Hague said:
'Got my copy.
The names are romanized.

Guts
Puck
Casca
Farnese
Serpico
Isidro
Schierke
Zodd
Griffith​

Well if it wasnt official enough before, its even more offical now. There should be no excuse to spell anything except Guts, or Puck also.

I saw it, and im suprised Skully didnt make it to those pages.

Majin Tenshi said:
Isidro seems a bit odd to pronounce...
I think the i (both of them) should be pronounced like an english e, or like the i in if or it. At least that's how it sounds when you pronounce it in german. ;D
Or what do you mean?

I'm a little bit surprised of Schierke though, because I always thought about a resemblance with the german name Silke when I read Schierke, but ok, if it is Schierke then...

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Olivier Hague said:
... I don't even know where to begin...

Well, maybe by telling that we aren't using english letters but roman letters derivated from greek letters... I may be wrong though... ;)

Majin Tenshi said:
Isidro seems a bit odd to pronounce...

Not too difficult for a french speaker too... English speakers would say "easy-draw"... I think it translate well...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Olivier Hague said:
Guts
Puck
Casca
Farnese
Serpico
Isidro
Schierke
Zodd
Griffith​
Looks like Miura used the Olivier Hague/ Berserk Encyclopedia spellings ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I can confirm this because I picked up my copy at the moving rental place near my house, also, i will have a little special surprise for you guys, 2 scans of the poster inside the Manga. They are pretty cool. Should have them up in a few minutes.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Here they are folks... good to see that I still have the photo editing skills!  ;D

Berserk27PosterSide01.jpg

Berserk27PosterSide02.jpg

Rsized it and then cleaned out the fold lines, see if you can spot it! hehe

Correct me if i am wrong, It seem that the second poster show Farnese learning magic from Scherike...?

Look like the poster always reveal what is going to happen

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well chacnes are the reason he does this is because most of the people who get the manga already know what happens after due to the current chapters, so its more of a whats happening but not in the manga type thing. Hope you can understand that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
They call Griffith the "Absolute One." Is that a proper translation?
Suprised no one answered you before but... I'll gladly take this one.

In vol. 17, when Zodd gets a visit from the Hawk of Light in the psuedo-dream, he refers to the one he seeks as: "The Ultimate Strong One." The direct meaning of the statement is the center of much speculation. Eventually, of course, Zodd bows to Griffith in vol. 21. That, in combination with this new, "Absolute One" translation, confirms this for me, that Griffith is indeed the Ultimate Strong One, and Zodd is not mistaken in his finding.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Walter said:
Looks like Miura used the Olivier Hague/ Berserk Encyclopedia spellings  ;D

I am so glad they finally decided to give us OFFICIAL official translations.

And I'm even MORE pleased that his name isn't "ZODDO"!  ;D

Top Bottom