Ishidoro Hate?

Why does everybody seem to want Ishidoro to leave the story? Sure his comic relief is annoying at times with Puck, but first of all you have to strain your eyes to read it and complain about it anyway, if you don't want to read it ignore it. I actually enjoy it sometimes and don't think of it as tasteless comedy but a sidestory and dialouge within Gut's party. I don't think that no one would talk at all to each other and just walk around like zombies, it's interesting to see them communicate, call it whatever you will, no one labeled it comic relief.. I don't think at least. Ishidoro is just following his dream and tring to beacome a great swordsman. Maybe Guts sees him like himself in his eairler days and wants him to be better off then he was and not end up having a horrible childhood life like Guts. Yes Ishidoros childhood isn't horrible like Guts but it probably reminds Guts of Gambino and him, and he wants to see Ishidoro have a better life then Guts beacuse in the recent chapters Guts seems to care about people more and be more accepting. If you remember back when Jill wanted to come with him he refused to let her come. This is just one guys opinion and I decided to share it.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Heh not everyone. Ishidoro will probably be kinda cool later in the story... but for now he is just a worthless kid who is extra weight. He will come around though :).

Personally I have come to..... tolerate Isidoro, though if he dies in the next issue I think i'll be more than ok with it.

If the Berserk manga goes for awhile and Ishidoro starts training very seriosuly I think he'll be quite helpful. He's only here beaucse we know he looks up to Guts, kind of like a role model, or once again seeing himself in Ishidoro. That's part of the story right now beacuse Ishidoro knows he isn't very useful and he wants to change that. I recall many times Ishidoro was upset and angry with himself beaucse he's thinks himself as useless. I know everyone thinks he's just extra weight, but don't you think he mentions that enough himself? It's not he runs around seriosuly impling that he's a extremley talented warrior and is an important asset to all thier survival! He throws jokes up here that seem to make him look conceited but he's just joking around, he knows he's useless and he doesn't like it so he's struggling to make a difference, he has helped in battles anyway he's not completley useless as a fighter.

well, i will just copy and paste what i said in the puck,ishidoro thread:

Re:Does anyone else hate Ishidoro and puck "Silly mode"?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2004, 07:54:22 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think he put them in there for the purpose of getting different feelings from different people,

some people like puck, some dont,

same for ishidoro,

i guess the main thing to remember is that the story wouldnt be the same without them,

just my thoughts

- c

hes a character used to create different feelings and emotions from different people, just like puck,

seems like hes doin a good job ;D

- c

I think Guts puts a lot of faith in Ishidoro, which makes him a somewhat important character.

When they are fighting the trolls Guts says something along the lines of "you have been trusted because you CAN be trusted... Try to carry the burden." to Ishidoro. I am paraphrasing, but I still think that was an important part of the manga.

NeoBerserker said:
What's not to like? Sure he is annoying but thats what makes him Ishidoro, if he wasn't annoying i probally wouldn't like him as much

I don't have much idea of what floats your boat in entertainment but are you a fan of "Everybody loves Raymond?" Almost everyone in that show is annoying enough to deserve an ice pick in the eye, sounds like it could be up your kind of show.

or you could watch big brother or some other reality, or dramality crap as they call it,

the show itself is irritating as hell >:(, all shows like it are,

whenever i see someone watching it, usually they are magnetized to the screen,

never looking away for an instant even to breathe, like a zombie,

and people that are hardcore into that crap are usually fat and lazy and find peace in being inactive,

ive seen charging snails that are faster than their metabolizm, geez  :-X

now im sure there are fit people that are hardcore crap watchers, but ive never seen one  8)

just my opinion

and i like ishidoros character, he has been developed very well

- c

Big brother is worse than Raymond alright, if people are willing to sit down at a screen to watch a bunch of lives of worthless bastards who almost never have anything smart or interesting to say or do, what does that tell you about the people who watch it regularly??

Anyway as much as I like most of the characters I still don't believe Ishidoro's character has had anything that good develop about him yet, just a better fighter but still a cocky little bugger. Hopefully in a few years there will be more impovements.

Are you comparing Miura's character's to a crappy show? I hate those shows, all reality shows and Raymond his show and his stand up comedy (he is like carrot top), and when i say that Ishidoro is annoying i meant annoying to Gutts and the gang, i don't particually find him annoying

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I didn't like Isidro when he was first introduced. But I'm starting to warm up to him (it's taken a long time though). Right now I'm at indifference, I don't really care about him one way or the other. He does have some funny gags sometimes though. 8)

At least Ishidoro is usually drawn with care, unlike Puck, whose ever so frequent childish drawing style can ruin a frame.
Guts, Serpico, Shierke, Farnese, and Caska is a big enough and versatile enough party, Ishidoro is dead weight. I'd prefer to see development of Farnese, who actually has a story and a motivation, to a stupid kid. I hope he dies.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
At first i didn't like Isidro, back when I thought he was a theif and coward. But shortly after he proves his potential, first against the pagan orgy monsters, and then he saves casca from being burnt at the stake when guts couldn't(do to his preoccupation with his battle). Mostly I am saying just what I have said in another post, that it unfair to judge badly upon a child for acting immature. HE'S A KID, THEY ARE. at least IMO ;D.

Denial said:
Guts, Serpico, Shierke, Farnese, and Caska is a big enough and versatile enough party, Ishidoro is dead weight. I'd prefer to see development of Farnese, who actually has a story and a motivation, to a stupid kid. I hope he dies.

Yes Farnese the woman that masturbates to burning heretics has quite the compelling character indeed. I don't find Ishidoro annoying at all and I liked him from the start. I only find him annoying when he starts acting like those other animes where he runs from battles and acts like an idiot in "silly mode", I agree that could go but I think he's pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to see why Ishidoro is just a kid roaming around Berserk and following Guts around.

Yes Farnese the woman that masturbates to burning heretics has quite the compelling character indeed.

She is one heck of a freak isn't she? But I seem to be morbidly curious about her, like car accidents.

Rakshas

Be quiet... You are already dead...
Ishidoro is, for me an interesting character. Puck + Ishidoro are simply great, and make the " comic part " of Berserk wich is, a very hard and mad Mangas.

maybe Miura himself needs a release every once and a while,

and maybe he uses puck and ishidoro for that,

why else do things that have nothing to do with Berserk appear only in ishidoro and puck?

like yoda for example and sometimes jokes about current events which didnt happen years ago,

just a thought  ;D

- c

Lauralana

That's Hot
I personally don't like it when authors throw in non-essential characters into a series.

I don't know if any of you remember Ronin Warriors. Well they had a kid in it named Yulie and a woman named Mia. They both used to drive me crazy b/c they didn't do anything and only got in the way and such.

The same goes for Inuyasha. Sometimes i wish Kagome would shut up. She calls out Inuyasha's name like every five minutes and she is almost always in the way.

At least Ishidoro and Puck can fend for themselves....kinda... :-\

Top Bottom