Just ordered the whole friggin series...

Decarbia

Nothing said could change the fact. / My trust was
$162 + s/h!  :'(  I have other addictions to feed! Like the cr... I... I've said too much.  :-X

Still... $162... this is so wrong.... but it feels oh so right.
Now all I need is some translations so I can understand these crazy squiggles.  ??? :p ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hah! $162 for the whole series is a STEAL! Ive spent FAR more than that just on individual chapters.

Welcome to the BBS! If you have any questions about the series, send em this a'way

Now about those translations.... ;)

i had hoped i couldve added at least chapter 4 to volume 5 this weekend, but my sensei didnt have time to check real good. although, i still could give them to Walter to upload, but it would have some minor(hopefully) mistakes here and there... :-/

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Congrats!

I still remember when bought mine the first time... I thought they would be good... but not THAT good... ;) And you got them cheaper than me :-/

And I just has the acclimate solutions translations... *grins* which sucks, but are better than nothing, until the fan base here gets translations going...

Oh why couldn't I have started to learn japanese four years ago or so so I could be of some use...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Damnit, forgot!

Welcome to this little dysfunctional part of the universe
by the way!

LOVE your website. Seems we have a lot in common. ;D

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
:D welcome to one of the ditches of the internet! :D

Soon you'd realize how fun it is to strive to break out of the newbie zone... ;D (no j/k)

BOB

poruno sutâ
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

welcome new one
BTW i bought a used set from http://www.aclimatesolution.com/ngcata_l.html
(vol 1-20) for 94.50 plus twenty somethin dollares for shipping . the books were in better shape than most of the stuff i get from me local comic book store. Somehow i got the impression that japanese people do not entirely open books when reading them :)

(just like comic book collector nerds like me)

have i won the price for buying fer the lowest price?? ;D

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Are those HK dvd's from ebay any good?
I saw a site from italy, can't find it now, which has a limited edition box set of all series + some artwork for amazingly much as 450 $...wow.
So , are those from ebay ok? Do they have english subs?

BOB

poruno sutâ
i got this set and i ordered it directly from www.ehohk.com
on the black sun over midland site there were huuuuuge threads bout this subject.

to make it short:
-fast shipping (best thing you pay with paypal)
-one short error with the picture in ep 1 when guts attacks the snake baron with the dragon slayer ( about 1/2 a sec.)
- thin line moving down the screen for about one minute in ep 2
- dvd 2 and 3 got loose during the transport i guess, so that they had some scratches on them when they arrived. maybe if that guy learned some more english words by now you could tell him to put the dvd's into some thin plastic sleaves so they won't get scratched.
- i recommend buying though (only thing is those damn scratches so some players refuse to play it fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck strangly no name players seem to not have any problems ???)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Hmmm,
thanx for the info...
Anyone heard bout this dvd box ltd. edition thingy. It looks really nice, with the engraved pics and all...
anyway, I think no name players are much bettert since they have a high tolerance point for scratches and liekwise, since the brand name always work against piracy... which sucks..

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Of course, but that's because I'm better than you.  8)

Now about those translations.... ;)

Know I realize that Yong it sort of shunned by this community, but damn it, he does have volumes 1-7 translated on his sight.

However, how accurate are they? Can someone check em out. I am sort of basing everything I know from those translations. That and the awesome and insightful posts from Oliver, Cronus, Walter and.....Paradiselost....just kidding!!!

Know I realize that Yong it sort of shunned by this community, but damn it, he does have volumes 1-7 translated on his sight.
However, how accurate are they? Can someone check em out.

Well... I haven't read all of them, far from it, but I think those translations aren't bad... They're "mostly accurate"...
But there are some mistakes here and there, and that's kinda disappointing, since the translator is supposed to be Japanese?
Anyway, it's (as far as I know? ^^; ) original content and I'd say that's a good thing.

On the other hand, I really don't like the idea of scanning entire volumes... Buy the freakin' manga, dammit!  >:(
That, and of course, Yongkiat is a fraud.

Vermillion

Well, he does have this posted in the translated section:

"Please note: You are only entitled to read these BERSERK Translation under the following conditions:

1. You own the actual comic book(s) or you own commerical rights to the Berserk Materials..

2. These Images are provided as a mean for you to understand your copy of Berserk Manga and ARE NEVER to be viewed by those who did not purchase the books.

3. Under NO circumstances are you allowed to reuse the Translation. All Translation works are done so by Eiji Yamashita and Yongkiat K.

4. You are not allowed to (re)distribute the images as these images solely for your better understanding of Berserk.

5. All images in this Translation are the works of Kentaro Miura"

Don't forget he is offering this for free. And he is placing everyone on the 'honor system'. Thats really commendable.

Personally, I have all the entire manga, except 21...but I will have it soon.

1. You own the actual comic book(s) or you own commerical rights to the Berserk Materials..

"... or you own commercial rights to the Berserk Materials."
That line is just too funny. ^____^;

2. These Images are provided as a mean for you to understand your copy of Berserk Manga and ARE NEVER to be viewed by those who did not purchase the books.

If you own the manga, do you _really_ need scans?
That's hypocrisy...

3. Under NO circumstances are you allowed to reuse the Translation. All Translation works are done so by Eiji Yamashita and Yongkiat K.

Of course, he "borrowed" contents from other websites without the webmasters' permission, and put entire volumes of Miura's manga online, but that's another matter altogether...  ::)

Don't forget he is offering this for free.

Actually, it looks like he gets generous donations on his PayPal account...

Personally, I have all the entire manga, except 21...but I will have it soon.

I'm glad to read that, really.
If only more people would buy the manga... but since complete volumes are online... -__-

Well, he does have this posted in the translated section:

"Please note: You are only entitled to read these BERSERK Translation under the following conditions:

4. You are not allowed to (re)distribute the images as these images solely for your better understanding of Berserk.

5. All images in this Translation are the works of Kentaro Miura"

thats just bullshit... if someone can get an entire series scanslated and for free, why should they buy the volumes? and like Olivier said, people who own the manga have no real use for the scans.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, Yong doesnt have the whole manga's scanned (as I thought he did until a few days ago), apparently he only scans every 5 pages of each chapter, which (in my opinion) is not only just as illegal, but completely pointless and fragmented.

Its only useful for those who have read the magna already, and for those people, they prolly already have the manga sitting on a bookshelf anways....

So, if youre gonna go, go all out or not at all.

Actually, Yong doesnt have the whole manga's scanned (as I thought he did until a few days ago), apparently he only scans every 5 pages of each chapter, which (in my opinion) is not only just as illegal, but completely pointless and fragmented.

No, he did scan the whole volumes.

To read sequentially, please click on the current page to proceed to next page.

You can see each page one after the another by clicking on the scan itself.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Im a doofus (yes i realize you probably havent heard that word since 3rd grade, but deal with it).

Vermillion

Yah ya do....if you wanna know what everyone is saying. In my opinion, character development makes this story shine!!!

Vermillion

Oops....as I was saying:

"Yah ya do....if you wanna know what everyone is saying. In my opinion, character development makes this story shine!!!"

8)

Top Bottom