Caska's Brand

In the past caska and Guts's child was protecting her, when it died during the second eclipse I assume it was left to Guts to protect her alone after that...until the child came back in human form....

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Godo's mine was once a fairy home and warded off evil spirits. Thats where Caska stayed during the night. Guts wasn't often attacked during the day... at least not by spirits.

When she was outside of the mine in the darkness she would attract the spirits still but not be attacked by them as they gather around her.

Sparnage said:
When she was outside of the mine in the darkness she would attract the spirits still but not be attacked by them as they gather around her.
i think another example of this would be when mozgus was about to put casca in the iron maiden(the torture device that looks like a lady with the spikes inside of it) and then those things spirits came out. i'm pretty sure she wasnt attacked by them.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Probably one of the reasons why they don't attack Caska is because the spirits can't physically harm her. The spirits have to possess a physical body before they can actually hurt her. The reason why most of the spirits try to attack Guts is to possess him and bring out the Beast. Guts has huge emotional baggage that the spirits can cling to whereas Caska's . . . not quite there. That might help explain it though anyone's free to add their own opinion.

Miyu said:
Probably one of the reasons why they don't attack Caska is because the spirits can't physically harm her.  The spirits have to possess a physical body before they can actually hurt her.  The reason why most of the spirits try to attack Guts is to possess him and bring out the Beast.  Guts has huge emotional baggage that the spirits can cling to whereas Caska's . . . not quite there.  That might help explain it though anyone's free to add their own opinion.

Interesting theory, but I believe it would be extremely hard to survive with the brand despite emotional baggage. I don't think any of the beings like apostles or Godhand really believed after the Eclipse that Guts would survive long as a branded person, because they are always under attack by monsters or spirits. Also they probably didn't count on caska's child protecting her or living for a few years in a safe location from the astral beings that lived there years ago, but thats just what I think.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I definitely see what you're saying. It really is through the help of the Demon Baby and Guts that she's been able to survive. Even in the womb, I the Demon Baby prevented her from being harmed. I don't remember which volume it's in, but I do know that the night Caska gave birth to the Demon Baby, she was outside Godo's cave but none of the spirits were attacking her. I think even Skullknight commented on how strange it was. I guess since she can't fight or do much to defend herself, Miura decided to give her a lot of luck.

Well aside from the facts that she was protected physically by elves, Gutts and what not,
she also might be protected mentally (like from the incubuses (i think thats what there called)) because she, well it's like trying to argue with a tree, you can't

Top Bottom