The greatest Deus Ex moment of all time

heh...good old Gunther. My favorite moment was when I returned to that shantyville place when you're supposed to get captured by Gunther...it took me a couple hours, but I killed everyone except Gunther (who was invincible at that point) and used leg modifications to jump a barrier. But there was nowhere I could go; there were no exits off the level. Apparently they didn't expect anyone would/could actually avoid getting captured.

Sweet, Gunther was always a persistent bastard.

Mage said:
heh...good old Gunther.  My favorite moment was when I returned to that shantyville place when you're supposed to get captured by Gunther...it took me a couple hours, but I killed everyone except Gunther (who was invincible at that point) and used leg modifications to jump a barrier.  But there was nowhere I could go; there were no exits off the level.  Apparently they didn't expect anyone would/could actually avoid getting captured.

I remember that, I had to use a box as well as the leg modifications, then everything is practically dark and seems much more basic outside of it.

I didn't realise you could even save paul until the second or third time I went through it, I just thought he died no matter what.

was he the guy on the airplane, who you had to either kill or watch that russian bitch kill? yeah, I didn't want him to die, either, so I reloaded a save game, equipped the rocket launcher, and blasted the woman as soon as she ran into the room...then the tech guy who sends you all the info started freaking out, but said he could cover it up.

No, but I know the guy in the plane you are talking about, Paul as in J.C's brother. Just before his apartment is raided in hells kitchen by MIB, if you help him out by killing them just before escaping he eventually gets captured, but you don't find his dead body in the secret majestic 12 facility.

If he is alive he tells you about the killswitch in the Russion bitches body you can find, so when you come across her just before escaping UNATCO you just say the words and she explodes.... unless you killed her back at the airplane.  ;D

Ah yeah..I remember that. Yeah, I just barely was able to deal with Paul's attackers...I kind of forget what happened, but I do remember hiding in his secret closet for like 5 minutes.

Mage said:
Ah yeah..I remember that.  Yeah, I just barely was able to deal with Paul's attackers...I kind of forget what happened, but I do remember hiding in his secret closet for like 5 minutes.

My memory on it is dim on it but As far as I remember if you let him out of your site for a bit while he fights MIB he will simply disappear, and when that happens you find out he is dead. Funny thing is he is still immortal, so you can just stand back and watch him get the shit shot out of him for minutes on end and he will still be fine afterwards.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I remember, the key to get these MIB guys was the electrical paralyzing thing, that way they didn't explode after dying, dropped some good stuff, and weren't too hard to take out.

I myself saved Paul from them, and later killed the bad girl out of anger after she'd cut my talking with the airplane hostage guy, discovering to my great surprise and pleasure that the scenario would evolve considering my actions.

I didn't see the bomb trick with the helicopter coming in the end though, and couldn't save that pilot.

Aazealh said:
As far as I remember, the key to get these MIB guys was the electrical paralyzing thing, that way they didn't explode after dying, dropped some good stuff, and weren't too hard to take out.

I didn't mind them exploding if there were alot of them, usually the other attackers wouldn't have the brains to move in time before he exploded, quiet convenient.

I didn't see the bomb trick with the helicopter coming in the end though, and couldn't save that pilot.

I missed that bit also, but when I later come back to it I realised how obvious it is that something should be done about him. He is all jittery and suspicious when you talk to him, there is a dead worker nearby and his title when you come near him is "nervous worker".
All that has to be done for Jock to realise that there is a bomb in the helicopter is to simply kill the worker.

Just beofre leaving UNATCO jaime asks you what he can do to help, rather then use him as information from there I tell him he should come along with me to Hong Kong, I never saw the other option but I think he gets caught for helping you and killed if you tell him to stay back at liberty island.

Deus ex 2 was such a let down compared to it, I would say even now I might enjoy playing the original over it.

Top Bottom