Gantz

Ok I figured this was still worthy of talking about in a new thread. It seems Shockwave have finished translating Gantz after Evil Genius started moving alot quicker and took over from what I could gather, and now since we were talking abound chapters not even passed 130 (or around volume 11), but Evil Genius have since then translated close to the date of the Raw chapters (around chapter 165) that come out in Japan.

I am currently up to chapter 135 and it has become more interesting than before.

Spoilers ahead:

Since volume 8, Izumi has come into the story he has shown a facination in Gantz unlike most others in the story, and has proven to do just about anything to find out how to get in there again. New characters with powers not quiet explained come into it and take up rolls of some of the main characters, and battles in the Gantz world are just as messed up as ever.

Looking forward to what happens between chapters 135 to 165.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Evil Genius' translations suck balls. He practically guesses on some pages. (i do not know this, its just what everyone says) I have never been interested to download his scans. There was somthing going around about him putting strippers into one of the texts and it had nothing to do with strippers...

I am not overly happy with their work on Gantz either in comparison to Shockwave, but they are faster and we may have no choice but to use their work to read new chapters quickly.

On the shockwave site http://shocwave.ignition-one.com/ I came across this:
"July 14, 2004
GantZ Chapters 131-132 (HQ) Released

Evil Genius appears out of nowhere...
Is this the end?"

Which bothered me seeing they do a much more satisfactory job, but then I saw this just today.

"*UPDATE*
It's NOT OVER!!!
I'll continue to do the rest of GantZ!"

I say good for him and I support his efforts, excellence cannot be rushed.

Well here's some news about Gantz the anime. I was going to post this in the other Gantz thread a few days ago but it was deleted. >:(

"Second Gantz TV series Announced (2004-07-15 13:57:41)
According to Moonphase, Gantz 2nd will premiere on Japanese Network AT-X on August 26th."
source- animenewsnetwork.com

DarkBlademaster

ZODDGUTS said:
Well here's some news about Gantz the anime. I was going to post this in the other Gantz thread a few days ago but it was deleted. >:(

"Second Gantz TV series Announced (2004-07-15 13:57:41)
According to Moonphase, Gantz 2nd will premiere on Japanese Network AT-X on August 26th."
source- animenewsnetwork.com

Hell yea! At least they didnt pull a berserk on us.

How many shows were there in the 1st season anyways? I just wanna make sure so i know if I have all the shows on my comp from Kazaa.

The anime was good so I'll certainly watch second stage, but hey did any of us have a longing for a second season of Berserk when we have the manga in it's place? To me it's the same with this Anime.

DemonX said:
Hell yea! At least they didnt pull a berserk on us.

How many shows were there in the 1st season anyways? I just wanna make sure so i know if I have all the shows on my comp from Kazaa.

Officialy 11 episodes but from what I heard two episodes weren't shown because of heavy violence but I'm not sure if that's true.

DarkBlademaster

Sparnage said:
The anime was good so I'll certainly watch second stage, but hey did any of us have a longing for a second season of Berserk when we have the manga in it's place? To me it's the same with this Anime.

I dunno I like seeing moving tits instead of still ones.

I think Izumi is made to be alot like Griffith, he is meant to be both very smart, good looking and physically able, yet selfish enough to go to very extreme measures, and betray everyone around him to follow his own selfish desires.

DarkBlademaster

Sparnage said:
I think Izumi is made to be alot like Griffith, he is meant to be both very smart, good looking and physically able, yet selfish enough to go to very extreme measures, and betray everyone around him to follow his own selfish desires.

Hell, he was ready to kill himself just to get in the gantz room.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
I may be asking this a little late, but...

Any chance someone could give me a brief synopsis of this series?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Black ball, dead people, "aliens."

When people die, they're sent to a room with a black ball. The black ball sends them on missions to kill aliens. The aliens kill the people. The survivors might score points.

Azn He-Man666

Majin Tenshi said:
Black ball, dead people, "aliens."

When people die, they're sent to a room with a black ball.  The black ball sends them on missions to kill aliens.  The aliens kill the people.  The survivors might score points. 
Umm, are the points redeemable for anything?

Like freedom?

They have to kill all what appear to be aliens of sorts by a higher power, they can do nothing about it but listen or die. They have to reach 100 points to be set free (that is stop appearing in the room to do more missions and risk death all the time) but bearly anyone has actually made it.

They get special weapons and equipment to use, including a body suit that increases their strength heaps but they seem a little scattered whenever they come back from a mission, so people suspect that they have memory loss afterwards though I don't think so anymore. They at least know enough to always know what they are getting into.

DarkBlademaster

Yea, and after seeing the current chapters, they dont even have an idea how much gadgets there are to use. There was a sword and a bike introduced, and a way to turn yourself invisable. All of these things by the way, the protagonist (kei) has no idea of or how to use. And also theres a way to increase the strength of the suit, which no one probably knows how to do yet except for Izumi, a charecter who has escaped the Gantz room with 100 points, but returned because... he wanted to.

Azn He-Man666

So people wearing strength suits, weilding swords, riding motor-bikes and slaying aliens?

Sounds somewhat bad ass,

Demon, any chance your avatar is from Gantz?

DarkBlademaster

Mr. Badguy said:
So people wearing strength suits, weilding swords, riding motor-bikes and slaying aliens?

Sounds somewhat bad ass,

Demon, any chance your avatar is from Gantz?

Yea my avatar is from gantz. Its the main charecter, Kei.

Just finished chapter 165, two behind the latest chapters that have come out in Japan, shit!

A few spoilers:

Things are getting more interesting, Vampires have made a entry into the story, a new group that came out with Kei just survived along with most of the people, and is willing to train with them outside of when Gantz takes place, Izumi is still a bastard, ohhh things are heating up.

Pity though, now we are going to have to waiting for Chapters to be realised in Japan. I really hate this feeling, it's just like when I got the first 25 volumes of Berserk before reading it, and knowing every time I read a volume with bliss escapism the sooner it comes crashing down on you.... still it was alot worse with Berserk.

DarkBlademaster

DemonX said:
Evil Genius' translations suck balls. He practically guesses on some pages. (i do not know this, its just what everyone says) I have never been interested to download his scans. There was somthing going around about him putting strippers into one of the texts and it had nothing to do with strippers...

Actully, I wanna retract that statement earlier. After reading EG's trans, i have found that the scans are horrible and complete bullshit. You have no idea whats going on in it. How the hell can u enjoy the manga sparnage when you cant even see it?

I realize that this topic is very old, but there are some issues that this topic did not cover that I wanted to discuss:
Gantz's story a lot of potential up until the last mission in the anime which was pure nonsense. That's why I will start reading the manga. Does anyone here follow the Dark Horse releases of Gantz? If so, do they do a decent translation? If not, what source or forum do you recommend for appropriate translations?

Yikes, real old thread here.
But since it's been revived, I'm going to chirp in and say that Gantz and Berserk are neck and neck for most f*cked up and violent stories I've ever read. Berserk's broken through as being actually coherent of a story through it though (in my opinion!)

For anyone that's been keeping up with Gantz, would you agree that lately the author's just been trolling his readers? It's just comically ridiculous lately... :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
spineylamb said:
But since it's been revived, I'm going to chirp in and say that Gantz and Berserk are neck and neck for most f*cked up and violent stories I've ever read.

What a shameful comparison.

Top Bottom