OUCH! $3,000.00 Guts on Horseback(Ebay)

Sparnage said:
Pity It cannot be seen closer, but it does look nice.

Here's 2 pics of mine =P, hehe.  i took the pictures the first and only time i've removed the statue from it's box.  i'm too scared too leave it out right now.  my apt is not big enough to put it anywhere.  like the seller said, it's on the same scale as the other statues (unlike the skull knight hose & the griffith mf horse).  the thing is 18 inches tall and 20+ diagonal.  maybe later when i move into a nicer place i can afford a cool case to put it in.

Gats%20Horse%201.jpg

Gats%20Horse%202.jpg

the color turned out really bad when i took the pictures so i just made the pic b&w.  stuff sometimes looks better in b&w anyways. =P  it's pretty much what i do whenver a pic i take turns out bad (which is often =P).

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
a very interesting piece...yet not worth 3,000.00
although...for those fortunate ones who have the economic power... "you GO girl!" 8)

nir085

Horse and Armor
I'm assuming that's a typo?
...considering that Skull Knight on horseback is less than 1/10 of that price.

The only other explanation would be that this guy is just some high school genius with Japanese connections who plans on selling a few nice toy horses so that he could buy a car to impress his friends.

DirectDK said:
Here's 2 pics of mine =P, hehe.  i took the pictures the first and only time i've removed the statue from it's box.  i'm too scared too leave it out right now.  my apt is not big enough to put it anywhere.  like the seller said, it's on the same scale as the other statues (unlike the skull knight hose & the griffith mf horse).  the thing is 18 inches tall and 20+ diagonal.  maybe later when i move into a nicer place i can afford a cool case to put it in.

Did you pay that much for it? Oh and what a sweet arse room you have.

Sparnage said:
Did you pay that much for it? Oh and what a sweet arse room you have.

Thanks for the compliment on the room! =)  I really need to move to a bigger place though.  I literally have no more wallspace ANYWHERE.  I want to put up more posters and stuff but no room!  After I get out of college, hopefully I'll be able to.

Anyways, no I didn't pay that much.  I'll personal message you about the price because I've actually bought a few things from that seller on ebay before, and he's a really nice guy.  I don't want to spoil his auction by letting everyone here know how much I paid for mine.

DirectDK said:
Thanks for the compliment on the room! =)  I really need to move to a bigger place though.  I literally have no more wallspace ANYWHERE.  I want to put up more posters and stuff but no room!  After I get out of college, hopefully I'll be able to.

Anyways, no I didn't pay that much.  I'll personal message you about the price because I've actually bought a few things from that seller on ebay before, and he's a really nice guy.  I don't want to spoil his auction by letting everyone here know how much I paid for mine.
Gnarly, but pricey. None the less if it was marked down I would definitly buy it.

Sparnage said:
Surely it's not the same one as this one, is it?

http://www.animeplus.com/sitem.asp?idno=KC277&cat=

That's the model kit for the statue.  Same scale, but of course, it's unassembled and unpainted.  Animeplus has been sold out of that thing for years though.  That store should really remove the listing.  I guess they like bragging that they actaully once carried it =P.  I've seen that exact same model kit go on ebay/yahoo auction japan for $600+.

It's all a rarity thing.  The prepainted completed statue (the one on ebay) retailed for 31,290 yen, which is about $300.  But that was wayyy back in the day and since they didn't make too many (#300 I believe??), and since it was one of the first statues art-of-war made for Berserk, the value on that statue has gone WAYYY UP (as you can tell by the auction =P).

Top Bottom