King of the Ants

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
what genre is this movie though? i love weird things, but it actually has to be done well too and not just be completely random for the hell of it. so many times i've seen things that are totally just jammed up with weird things and you watch to see where it's going, but it just doesnt go anywhere.

This is more like a drama that becomes a horror film because of the horrific events that follow. The film so disturbed major studios that they refused to produce it. I really liked it but it was disturbing. The main character is a likeable twentysomething man who takes odd jobs where he can. Eventually he's offered and accepts a shady job. And... Just when we've grown to like guy, he proceeds to commit a despicable act and then gets double-crossed for it. How he gets double-crossed and what is done after makes the intense meat of this unique film. All the while we are rooting for the main character as criminal as he is-- which is part of what makes King of the Ants so disturbing. The film is so titled because the main character is referred to, at one point, as an "ant"-- "insignificant". But he begins to regard himself as the "King of the Ants". What a transformation. Not for the faint of heart. Similar to another movie called "May" in which a young lonely girl transforms into something else: May went from drama to horror by the end also.

The movie was good. Not horror at all as some people think.  Just watch it.  Heres a link review.
http://www.flipsidemovies.com/kingoftheants.html

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
after thouroghly enjoying cannibal holocaust, i doubt there's any movie that's too disturbing for me.

Top Bottom