Mysterious disappearances

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Given that Skull Knight is so powerful, it makes sense that he's not around more often from an authorial/editorial standpoint (he'd draw attention away from Guts, the protagonist.)

But what significance do his disappearances have within the context and framework of the story? His appearances always signal some matter of great import, but do his sudden departures have similar bearing? Does he perhaps leave in order to rest from the ordeal of manifesting on the physical plane? Mayhap Guts is not the only "struggler" SK gives his aid to?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Im sure he was running around, killing apostles himself in the far back during the childrens of the lost arc. Then, he was on his way to the egg apostle when he bumped into guts. (he also was noticed after the 2nd eclipes, pointing to griffith). And then he probably watched over guts and his crew seceretly, until up to the recent chapters.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Herald of Yama said:
Given that Skull Knight is so powerful, it makes sense that he's not around more often from an authorial/editorial standpoint (he'd draw attention away from Guts, the protagonist.)

But what significance do his disappearances have within the context and framework of the story? His appearances always signal some matter of great import, but do his sudden departures have similar bearing? Does he perhaps leave in order to rest from the ordeal of manifesting on the physical plane? Mayhap Guts is not the only "struggler" SK gives his aid to?
MIST!

It would be interesting to know that there are other "struggler" around, but from what the GH said... I guess Guts is still the only one who had survived the eclipse...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Along with this, I cannot seem to think of the skull knight ever appearing in the daylight. I say daylight, since he obviously has come to help at times like the eclipse where it is still day time. But I was thinking that maybe his soul cannot travel during the daylight.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Ok, Allow me to be more specific. Has the Skull knight been in the daylight in the physical world, not the interstice, since it seems that flora's Mansion and the Qliphoth are in the Interstice. Which I beleive that the Skull Knight is fully capable of traveling the Interstice regularly. But I'm not sure. :-\

Headless_Death said:
Ok, Allow me to be more specific. Has the Skull knight been in the daylight in the physical world, not the interstice, since it seems that flora's Mansion and the Qliphoth are in the Interstice.
Not that I remember, so I think you have a point there. But then again, I tend to forget alot. ;D
Ok, so Skully can't appear in the daylight, of the physical world that is. So he's like one of those ghost that kept Guts busy nearly each and every night.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Well flora had mentioned that someone from the realm of the dead had asked her to lend her power the branded two led by small wings, so it would make sense he is a ghost of sorts, and as such maybe unable to dwell in the daylight like the ghosts that haunt guts at night.

Top Bottom